I feel like everyone here is trying to shut up realists

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Somebody post his record against winning teams since 2017?
Then you will truly understand why you hate the fact he is our QB...
666 rules our Star and glory is a no-show till his ultimate demise!

Brax

Reaction score
Troy and Danny had Jimmy and Landry.....Dak had Garrett.....MM is yet to be determined
You left out Barry, MM is still in the JG , BS realm to this point IMHO, don't give homer props aids about coaching I am sure you didn't in the 13-3 JG season in 16. Again lets let it play out and see if Dak can excel with all the talent he has now that many said he never had. Over coming some poor coaching is part of greatness, I'm sure many of your teams overcame some of your mistakes.

shabazz

Reaction score
We all need to grow up.
This is a DISCUSSION forum about the Dallas Cowboys.
Some like Dak as a quarterback.
Some don't.
Some are indifferent.
So what if you fall into either category?
You have the right to speak your voice.
People either can engage you, ignore you or block you.
Stop with the calling the moderators to close a thread, whining about too many pro-Dak, anti-Dak (or any player for that matter) threads, etc.
Don't like them? Don't click on them.
Don't like what the poster has to say? Bypass his/her post or block him/her.
But if you want to engage them, engage on (within the forum's rules, of course). That's why this forum exists.

Excellent points however you stating that, “ some like Dak as a quarterback, and some don’t “ make the issue seem like it a Love or hate situation....which I think sparks a lot of the discourse

There are those that fit those oversimplified positions but there are others that fit in to these categories
1. Dak’s a solid but not Elite QB
2. Dak’s contract doesn’t match his talent and hampers money going elsewhere
3. Dak is not consistent and goes AWOL when he should uplift the players around him
4. Dak was born without original sin and was the product of am immaculate conception

So there are many categories that exist between the Ying and Yang of this subject. Debate should be without personal attack or accusations about anything other than performance, or lack thereof on the field

Personally, I think it’s obvious that he’s played very well this season but I need to see that 1-2 playoff record of his improve.......just like we need to see his teammates do the same

Creeper

Reaction score
My issue with Dak is his contract. He is an excellent QB and the Cowboys can win the SB with him. But we saw yesterday why he is not worth $40 million. All QBs have bad days. Brady had one against the Saints a couple of weeks ago. But Dak held the Cowboys up for $40 million and that exceeds his value in my opinion. If he has another one of these games next week I think my case will be made.

in 2019, Dak started off at an MVP level too. But after half the season something happened and he was not the same QB. He was awful against NE and worse against the Eagles with the division on the line. I said many times, I want to see Dak play at a high level for 16 (or 17) games and into the playoffs before I pay him $40 million. I don't think 2016 was enough to go on. I get why Dallas paid him but the question is, is he worth it? If he has a few more games like yesterday over the next few weeks, I think we will all be asking that question.

I am not rooting against him. I am hoping he rebounds and puts another string of MVP level games together to clinch the division and maybe a 1st round bye. Dallas is committed to him and if he falters his contract will be an albatross around the neck of the Cowboys for the next 3 years. I also don't hold his contract against him. Every player has to decide to do what is best for himself and his family. If the owners are stupid enough to overpay them then good for the players.

Forneymike

Reaction score
My only caveat on "realists" is if you complain about Dak, tell me your plan to get another QB (who is that QB so I can be a "realist" on that person) in the next four years. Easy to complain, hard to have a plan that is "realistic".

Forneymike

Reaction score
My issue with Dak is his contract. He is an excellent QB and the Cowboys can win the SB with him. But we saw yesterday why he is not worth $40 million. All QBs have bad days. Brady had one against the Saints a couple of weeks ago. But Dak held the Cowboys up for $40 million and that exceeds his value in my opinion. If he has another one of these games next week I think my case will be made.

in 2019, Dak started off at an MVP level too. But after half the season something happened and he was not the same QB. He was awful against NE and worse against the Eagles with the division on the line. I said many times, I want to see Dak play at a high level for 16 (or 17) games and into the playoffs before I pay him $40 million. I don't think 2016 was enough to go on. I get why Dallas paid him but the question is, is he worth it? If he has a few more games like yesterday over the next few weeks, I think we will all be asking that question.

I am not rooting against him. I am hoping he rebounds and puts another string of MVP level games together to clinch the division and maybe a 1st round bye. Dallas is committed to him and if he falters his contract will be an albatross around the neck of the Cowboys for the next 3 years. I also don't hold his contract against him. Every player has to decide to do what is best for himself and his family. If the owners are stupid enough to overpay them then good for the players.
Is your point that if he made 20 million, yesterday would have been an ok performance? If not, at what price would yesterday been acceptable to you?

GINeric

Reaction score
Nobody here hates Dak.

Nobody here wants him to fail. If he fails we fail. Some of us just want to see winning football. However anytime we call Dak out, people come out of the woodwork to call us stupid or whatever. We are realists. I am going to judge my QB after a win AND after a loss. He got payed and part of the job is having fans saying what they think even if the team doesn't care.

If we win next week? I'll be all for dak. However yesterday? He **** the bed. I don't get why this is an argument

The only problem with the "Dak realists" is the fact that those hypocritical cowards don't show up when Dak is ballin. They always wait until Dak has a rare bad game to pop up and try to convince people that they have a high football IQ. So miss me with that bull$h!t....

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Is your point that if he made 20 million, yesterday would have been an ok performance? If not, at what price would yesterday been acceptable to you?

Yeah this is why I don't even engage the salary envy crowd. Dak could have been playing for vet min yesterday and I would have been just as pissed at his performance. Their salary don't mean diddly poo to me.. What matters to me is that they play the damn game the right way. They didn't do that yesterday and they all could have been playing for free for all I care and it still would stink just as bad.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
The only problem with the "Dak realists" is the fact that those hypocritical cowards don't show up when Dak is ballin. They always wait until Dak has a rare bad game to pop up and try to convince people that they have a high football IQ. So miss me with that bull$h!t....

You're right.. 100 of these posters have been ghost until yesterday's game. There are 4-5 who have made Dak bashing their schtick but a lot of these idiots wouldn't show their faces until Dak had a poor game.. Fortunately for us, he only has one of these about every three years so I think we won't hear from most of them again until 2024.

Creeper

Reaction score

No. My point is simple. He is not worth $40 million a year based on what we have seen from him. If you paid $200k for a fancy Italian sports car you would expect top performance from that car every time you drive it. If every 8th time you drove the car it ran like garbage, you would not gloss over it just because you WANT the car to purr like a kitten every time you drive it. All I am saying is everything has a value and overpaying for some things is possible.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Excellent points however you stating that, “ some like Dak as a quarterback, and some don’t “ make the issue seem like it a Love or hate situation....which I think sparks a lot of the discourse

There are those that fit those oversimplified positions but there are others that fit in to these categories
1. Dak’s a solid but not Elite QB
2. Dak’s contract doesn’t match his talent and hampers money going elsewhere
3. Dak is not consistent and goes AWOL when he should uplift the players around him
4. Dak was born without original sin and was the product of am immaculate conception

So there are many categories that exist between the Ying and Yang of this subject. Debate should be without personal attack or accusations about anything other than performance, or lack thereof on the field

Personally, I think it’s obvious that he’s played very well this season but I need to see that 1-2 playoff record of his improve.......just like we need to see his teammates do the same
Yes, it was an oversimplification. I'm, however, just making a point, not trying to cover for all contingencies.
Opinion about Dak as a quarterback is THE most discussed issue in the Fan Zone. As such, I highlighted it. But it applies to any other topic from Mike McCarthy's coaching abilities or lack thereof to whether Zeke is washed up.

Forneymike

Reaction score
No. My point is simple. He is not worth $40 million a year based on what we have seen from him. If you paid $200k for a fancy Italian sports car you would expect top performance from that car every time you drive it. If every 8th time you drove the car it ran like garbage, you would not gloss over it just because you WANT the car to purr like a kitten every time you drive it. All I am saying is everything has a value and overpaying for some things is possible.
You aren't making sense. What is your solution to the problem? Not sign Dak and find someone like Tyrod Taylor since he is cheaper. It's easy to make your analogy but it doesn't fit. There are multiple luxury cars you can buy and spend the money on, there only a few QB's in the world and this one has performed great except for a few games. What would you have done or do you want to do? Easy question.

RonnieT24

Reaction score

Your analogy stinks. How would that fancy Italian sports car run if it was in a demolition derby where 11 other fancy Italian sports cars were trying to ram into it in close quarters? My guess is it wouldn't last very long and would be running like garbage after about 5-10 minutes..

Forneymike

Reaction score
Somebody post his record against winning teams since 2017?
Then you will truly understand why you hate the fact he is our QB...
666 rules our Star and glory is a no-show till his ultimate demise!
Since 2012 Aaron Rodgers record against winning teams is 22-30-1. What's your point?

cowboyec

Reaction score
because some haven't been seen or heard from for 6 weeks.
wk 1.....and yesterday.
thats it.
if you want him to catch hell for a loss....gotta give him credit when we win.

shabazz

Reaction score
Yes, it was an oversimplification. I'm, however, just making a point, not trying to cover for all contingencies.
Opinion about Dak as a quarterback is THE most discussed issue in the Fan Zone. As such, I highlighted it. But it applies to any other topic from Mike McCarthy's coaching abilities or lack thereof to whether Zeke is washed up.

The Qb play will always be the most hotly debated topic on most message boards. It was no different during the Romo regime....they get too much credit in a loss or in a win.

What differs in this forum, however, is that there are accusations of dislike for the player on a personal level and I’ve not seen that on any other sports team forum.