I Feel Nothing

Sydla

Reaction score
The rhetoric, and you have been using it, is symptomatic of the general angst of the fans now days.

If the way you framed my argument suits you, then so be it., But this is not the only issue where fans on this board go off emotionally without thinking it through.

I don't doubt you and they are fans. I used to be like you guys.

I grew up. This is an entertainment business with sub-contractors that walk away with a lifetime of pain for the money they sign on for. The league has manipulated this position to squeeze the payroll.

Yet if the contract was etched in stone like the Lincoln memorial, then why is the team not fining Zeke butt off?

Because for the rare talent at this position this is the escape clause.

There is no yardage to me made denigrating Zeke for reading the climate and using the clout he has at this time to ensure he has the max money.

And all this take less for the team is horse manure since there is not a single man, woman, and child that would not take the max money if offered. So that old dog won't hunt.

This is business, Sonny, not personal, as Michael Corleone said. So forgive me for not joining you are the burning of Zeke in effigy.

Except you likely haven’t grown up considering you come to a message board to insult and demean other posters that don’t think like you.

Plus you paint with broad brushes. Nowhere have I burned Zeke in effigy. I don’t think he went about getting a new deal in the right way and, in general, I don’t like paying TBs big money.

Sydla

Reaction score
Salary Cap has nothing to do with this at all. There is enough cap room to make Zeke, Dak, and Amari (until the Saints deal) the highest paid at each position and still have room. So I do not care if Jerry wins or the players win. Neither has done diddly poo since 1995. They all should take a pay cut for being inconsistently average.

Zeke is in the same position Emmitt Smith was in in 1992. Don't give me that bull that Emmitt did not have a contract. He had a contract that had an option to make the last year void hitting incentives. Zeke has outplayed his contract the same way. Emmitt performance was the same as Zeke both leading the league in rushing 2 out of the first 3 years.

The only difference is a Super Bowl which is the only difference I care about. Emmitt in his 3rd year gave the Cowboys a Super Bowl. Jerry has fooled around with Garrett as a Head Coach and fired a back to back Super Bowl HC after Emmitt's year 4. So the GM and Head Coach are to blame why there have been no NFC Championship game and Super Bowl since 1995. As Jerry said "It starts at the top" "... in charge of jocks and socks".

Well do you want a Super Bowl? Jerry did not waste time over paying Romo. Jerry resigned Troy Aikman with 1-2 years remaining on his deal before Emmitt during the 1992 season. After a holdout at the beginning of the 1992 he resigned Irvin. He resign Emmitt after holdout for a top RB money contract 2 games into the 1993 season. There was a salary cap then but the Head Coach was Jimmy Johnson. In May of 1992 Jerry fires Bob Ackles who had negotiated player contracts with Jimmy and Jerry from 1989. Jerry wanting to prove that 100 other coaches not named Jimmy Johnson could do what Johnson did and signed Deion Sanders to a cap killing contract that had his son Stephen physically handle his father. So since there is nothing to prove any more for Hall of Famer Jerry Jones, you have no need to make a deal even when deals can be made.

I feel nothing for Jerry Jones or the players. Sign them or don't sign them. Jason Garrett will still be the Head Coach figure head for Jerry Jones. The Dallas Cowboys have not been the Dallas Cowboys. They have not been the Dallas Cowboys that consistently challenge for a Super Bowl every year for many years now. It has been all about the ego of Jerry Jones. The Cowboys are what Jerry envisioned them to be..."relevant". Consistently relevant but not consistently winning like they use to be from 1966-1999.

If Emmitt could void his contract, then yes, the situations are different.

Further, there isn’t enough cap room to sign everyone. For example, Byron Jones very easily could be a cap casualty.

anava

Reaction score
Salary Cap has nothing to do with this at all. There is enough cap room to make Zeke, Dak, and Amari (until the Saints deal) the highest paid at each position and still have room. So I do not care if Jerry wins or the players win. Neither has done diddly poo since 1995. They all should take a pay cut for being inconsistently average.

Zeke is in the same position Emmitt Smith was in in 1992. Don't give me that bull that Emmitt did not have a contract. He had a contract that had an option to make the last year void hitting incentives. Zeke has outplayed his contract the same way. Emmitt performance was the same as Zeke both leading the league in rushing 2 out of the first 3 years.

The only difference is a Super Bowl which is the only difference I care about. Emmitt in his 3rd year gave the Cowboys a Super Bowl. Jerry has fooled around with Garrett as a Head Coach and fired a back to back Super Bowl HC after Emmitt's year 4. So the GM and Head Coach are to blame why there have been no NFC Championship game and Super Bowl since 1995. As Jerry said "It starts at the top" "... in charge of jocks and socks".

Well do you want a Super Bowl? Jerry did not waste time over paying Romo. Jerry resigned Troy Aikman with 1-2 years remaining on his deal before Emmitt during the 1992 season. After a holdout at the beginning of the 1992 he resigned Irvin. He resign Emmitt after holdout for a top RB money contract 2 games into the 1993 season. There was a salary cap then but the Head Coach was Jimmy Johnson. In May of 1992 Jerry fires Bob Ackles who had negotiated player contracts with Jimmy and Jerry from 1989. Jerry wanting to prove that 100 other coaches not named Jimmy Johnson could do what Johnson did and signed Deion Sanders to a cap killing contract that had his son Stephen physically handle his father. So since there is nothing to prove any more for Hall of Famer Jerry Jones, you have no need to make a deal even when deals can be made.

I feel nothing for Jerry Jones or the players. Sign them or don't sign them. Jason Garrett will still be the Head Coach figure head for Jerry Jones. The Dallas Cowboys have not been the Dallas Cowboys. They have not been the Dallas Cowboys that consistently challenge for a Super Bowl every year for many years now. It has been all about the ego of Jerry Jones. The Cowboys are what Jerry envisioned them to be..."relevant". Consistently relevant but not consistently winning like they use to be from 1966-1999.

Sure there is enough money. The OL is already highly paid. Sounds familiar all the money going to the offensive side of the ball, next thing you know they are losing 48-51 again. There are more than just those 3 contracts coming up.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
I feel nothing for a man who business is worth +$4B with employees making $M wanting a raise when the performance justifies a raise i.e. your business is worth $4B.

I feel nothing for a man who values himself at $M wanting more $M from the $B business that employees him i.e. his value help make the business worth $4B.

I feel everything for a Dallas Cowboys fan since 1968 that has not seen his favorite team worth $4B not play in a NFC Championship game since 1995, has not had consecutive 10+ win seasons since 1996, has not had a Head Coach with successful game management experience of back to back playoffs since 1999, and have watch the Dallas Cowboys completely go from world class winner to world class entertainer.

I feel nothing and I feel everything.

Gaede

Reaction score
The value of the business is meaningless as there is a salary cap in place. If there were no cap, this would not be a discussion.

Zeke is making millions. More than I will ever make. Instead of wanting a raise, asking for a raise, showing you are worth that raise, and earning it he has flown to Mexico where I'm sure he is barely scraping by on his minimal salary. If he didn't like the money he was making he didn't have to play football, he didn't have to sign the contract, he could've done something else. He is not being payed less than others in his situation (rookie contract). He needs to stop crying and come play football before all the fans and his teammates turn on him.

The funny part about this is that Stephen has talked many times in the past about how the salary cap never stops them from doing what they want to do. That there are always things you can do the stay under the cap.

That is, of course, until players start demanding what they're worth. Then, suddenly, the cap is prohibitive again

Reactions: ICP

DuncanIso

Reaction score
The value of the business is meaningless as there is a salary cap in place. If there were no cap, this would not be a discussion.

Zeke is making millions. More than I will ever make. Instead of wanting a raise, asking for a raise, showing you are worth that raise, and earning it he has flown to Mexico where I'm sure he is barely scraping by on his minimal salary. If he didn't like the money he was making he didn't have to play football, he didn't have to sign the contract, he could've done something else. He is not being payed less than others in his situation (rookie contract). He needs to stop crying and come play football before all the fans and his teammates turn on him.

Zeke's contract is worth 50 percent of the current max contract for an elite RB.

Half.

Also, 432 NFL players make more $$$ than Zeke in base salary for 2019. Per Spotrac.

So deal with it. Zeke is due for a pay raise.

kskboys

Reaction score
I feel nothing for a man who business is worth +$4B with employees making $M wanting a raise when the performance justifies a raise i.e. your business is worth $4B.

I feel nothing for a man who values himself at $M wanting more $M from the $B business that employees him i.e. his value help make the business worth $4B.

I feel everything for a Dallas Cowboys fan since 1968 that has not seen his favorite team worth $4B not play in a NFC Championship game since 1995, has not had consecutive 10+ win seasons since 1996, has not had a Head Coach with successful game management experience of back to back playoffs since 1999, and have watch the Dallas Cowboys completely go from world class winner to world class entertainer.

Do you feel anything for the other players who would have to take less because your man is demanding an exorbitant salary?

Established1971

fiveandcounting
Reaction score

is this a poem?

ICP

Reaction score
That is, of course, until players start demanding what they're worth. Then, suddenly, the cap is prohibitive again

I'm sorry but in no way, shape, or form is Dak worth what he is 'reportedly' asking for.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score

Not trying to be a dick here, but exactly what is the point of this post?

Yeah, NFL teams are owned by billionaires who hire millionaires to play real life fantasy football with. Some teams have won a lot, like the Pats, and some teams have won jack, like the Cowboys in the last 20 years or so.

What you need to do is stop taking this stuff so seriously. It is entertainment, nothing more. There are a hell of a lot more important things in life than how many games a professional sports team wins in a given season. If you are basing your personal happiness on the outcome of a sporting event over which you have no control, then that is a recipe for disaster.

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Reaction score

This sounds a little suicidal. You ok there bud?

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
......4 billion? Where you been, its closer to $5.5 by now. Bottom line = Jerry wants to win. Since there's no concoction for it. It's purely provisional, like life and us.

Jerry has been winning the owners' sports franchise bowl for years. He's #1. 3peat? 4peat? If he lasts, he'll be the Bill Russell Celtics.

StarBoyz83

Reaction score
I feel nothing. I come on here to see anything to get me going I cant I'm always in such a dead zone for football this time of the year. 2 weeks though I'll be hyped.

Cowboysheelsreds053

Reaction score
38elhs.jpg

LLLOOOLLL

Sydla

Reaction score
Zeke's contract is worth 50 percent of the current max contract for an elite RB.

Half.

Also, 432 NFL players make more $$$ than Zeke in base salary for 2019. Per Spotrac.

So deal with it. Zeke is due for a pay raise.

Over 500 players have a higher base than Tom Brady in 2019.

What’s that tell you?

It tells you looking at base salaries here is dumb. And yet....... you do it over and over.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
Over 500 players have a higher base than Tom Brady in 2019.

What’s that tell you?

It tells you looking at base salaries here is dumb. And yet....... you do it over and over.

Look at Bradys career earnings on Spotrac.

Brady doesn't care at this point in his career.

But Zeke does care.