I Forgive Owens

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
monkey;2257812 said:
Just remember that TO loves you and is anxiously awaiting the day he can give you an iForgive t-shirt. :D

Classic! :lmao:

It would be comedy if the mods changed the thread title to iForgive Owens. he he he

Thanos68

Benched
Reaction score
JackMagist;2254051 said:
Some here may remember that when we signed Terrell Owens that I was one of the ones who was dead set against it. I said that I would not purchase any Cowboys apparel as long as he was on the team. And after his first year here with the bicycle outfit in training camp and the "accidental overdose" incident I was convinced that I was right in my conviction that signing him was the wrong thing to do.

Well, I have changed my mind. We have had two years now with no controversy that was not created by the media trying to find some. Owens has been a model citizen and by all accounts a great teammate. Therefore, I have rescinded my moratorium on Cowboys purchases. Though I still won't by an 81 jersey I have decided to go ahead and purchase a Marion Barber and a Tony Romo jersey.

That's great. Thanks for sharing. :bang2:

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
Don't like TO. Never have, never will. His incredibly narcissistic nature is exactly what is wrong with professional sports today.

That being said, this is a business, and if an employee produces well in the workplace you tend to not care about about his personality outside of it so long as it doesnt get him in legal trouble.

He's a great player, one of the best to ever play his position, but if you fall in love with the guy after what he has done in the past, that's fine, but don't come and try to convince anyone that you have a sound moral compass, because that is the definition of hypocrisy.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
HeavyHitta31;2258875 said:
owens.terrell.2.jpg

Nice sig HH. That's TO's expression after reading the OP in this thread.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
0709cpowens.jpg
- -
Planet.jpg

"Gosh Darn You... Gosh Darn Terrell Owens... you maniac... you finally did it... you blew it up..... you blew up the Cowboys Star logo"

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
Don't like TO. Never have, never will. His incredibly narcissistic nature is exactly what is wrong with professional sports today.

That being said, this is a business, and if an employee produces well in the workplace you tend to not care about about his personality outside of it so long as it doesnt get him in legal trouble.

He's a great player, one of the best to ever play his position, but if you fall in love with the guy after what he has done in the past, that's fine, but don't come and try to convince anyone that you have a sound moral compass, because that is the definition of hypocrisy.

:hammer:

Frozen700

Reaction score

yea nice sig.....

you know you like him :)

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
Dave_in-NC;2259046 said:

Evening Dave. I'm staying out of the chat room tonight. Our record when I toggle between chat room n living room is like 3-3 so I will avoid the chat at all costs tonight. :p: GL

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
So I am really curious to know if any of the loathers in this thread jumped in a fit of celebration at all during any of the highlights put up by TO Monday night. Were you pissed that the ball got thrown his way or did you embrace the excellence?

sonnyboy

Benched
Reaction score
I was calling for/predicting his signing here from the day he did sit-ups in his driveway for the media.

Was gloating with a fellow Cowboy fan in the area and told him I thought this was Owens' last year with the Eagles and that Dallas would be a perfect fit.

Of course he thought I was nuts at the time.

On to the topic at hand.

I DON'T LOVE ME SOME HIM. I NEVER LOVED ME SOME HIM. I LOVE ME SOME WINNING!

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Bleu Star;2269708 said:
So I am really curious to know if any of the loathers in this thread jumped in a fit of celebration at all during any of the highlights put up by TO Monday night. Were you pissed that the ball got thrown his way or did you embrace the excellence?
First of all it is really silly to resurrect a thread that was 2 days dead just to promote your own agenda again.

Second, if after 28 touchdowns people felt as they did 2 days ago, what makes you think one more TD swings their opinion 180 degrees?

Reaction score
sonnyboy;2269754 said:
I was calling for/predicting his signing here from the day he did sit-ups in his driveway for the media.

Was gloating with a fellow Cowboy fan in the area and told him I thought this was Owens' last year with the Eagles and that Dallas would be a perfect fit.

Of course he thought I was nuts at the time.

On to the topic at hand.

I DON'T LOVE ME SOME HIM. I NEVER LOVED ME SOME HIM. I LOVE ME SOME WINNING!

You would be loving mediocre seasons if not for 81. But it's cool, yall dont love him and he damn sure doesn't love you. No biggie either way.

Maikeru-sama

Mick Green 58
Reaction score
Hostile;2269767 said:
First of all it is really silly to resurrect a thread that was 2 days dead just to promote your own agenda again.

Second, if after 28 touchdowns people felt as they did 2 days ago, what makes you think one more TD swings their opinion 180 degrees?

Have to agree with Hostilie here.

T.O. is a great addition to this franchise and I think it is kind of dumb that some are still deadset against him, but it is their right.

However, it is like politics, most people have drawn a line in the sand and 2 TDs on the biggest stage is not going to change their mind.

Maikeru-sama

Mick Green 58
Reaction score
I LOVE ME SOME ME!;2269858 said:
You would be loving mediocre seasons if not for 81. But it's cool, yall dont love him and he damn sure doesn't love you. No biggie either way.

I actually think we would still be an above average team without T.O. Would we have the same level of succes? Not sure, but by no means would we be mediocre, we have too much talent. There are alot of teams doing very well with less talent then us. We just faced one Monday.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
Hostile;2269767 said:

Fair enough. I'm a curious person by nature and the pure hatred for one Terrell Eldorado Owens arouses my curiosity. This then manifests itself in the unearthing of a 2 day old thread to query the universal thoughts. :eek::

By the way Hos, that's two more not one. :starspin :starspin

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
Maikeru-sama;2269926 said:
I actually think we would still be an above average team without T.O. Would we have the same level of succes? Not sure, but by no means would we be mediocre, we have too much talent. There are alot of teams doing very well with less talent then us. We just faced one Monday.

I disagree. I think we have to have a clear #1 to get to the big dance. New England has it. New York has it. It's part of the formula. TO commands either a double team or a shift in defensive philosophy. If you ignore him you'll get burnt ala Monday night. The sheer presence of a clear #1 takes defenses out of their comfort zones and makes every other receiver on the offense better. You take away TO and we might be making the playoffs but we aren't really scaring anyone once we get there. Just my humbled opinion...

Maikeru-sama

Mick Green 58
Reaction score
Bleu Star;2269945 said:
I disagree. I think we have to have a clear #1 to get to the big dance. New England has it. New York has it. It's part of the formula. TO commands either a double team or a shift in defensive philosophy. If you ignore him you'll get burnt ala Monday night. The sheer presence of a clear #1 takes defenses out of their comfort zones and makes every other receiver on the offense better. You take away TO and we might be making the playoffs but we aren't really scaring anyone once we get there. Just my humbled opinion...

New England, Tampa Bay, Baltimore, and Denver all won Super Bowls without a HOF Wide Reciever. New York won on their defense and Plexico Burress was hurt most of the year and he is nowhere near as dominant as Terrell Owens.

You don't need a Hall of Fame Wide Receiver to win a Super Bowl.

To reiterate, the poster said we would be "medicore" without Terrell Owens and that is what I was debating.

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
Bleu Star;2269938 said:
Fair enough. I'm a curious person by nature and the pure hatred for one Terrell Eldorado Owens arouses my curiosity. This then manifests itself in the unearthing of a 2 day old thread to query the universal thoughts. :eek::

By the way Hos, that's two more not one. :starspin :starspin

You wear #81 jammies to bed and feel the need to pimp him in a #81 apology thread? Shall we, all the ex-haters mind you, forge a formal letter to the US Supreme court in order to satisfy your "curiosity" and absolve him of all wrong doing? That help your cause? It's over for most of us. Will you not be happy with a 5/1 turnover ratio? Contrary to your beliefs #81 ain't going to write you a letter of appreciation.

Dude, there's pure hatred for a select few on this team, by this board, and you are a #81 apologist. The need for you to polish his reputation is not needed. We get it.

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
Maikeru-sama;2270012 said:
New England, Tampa Bay, Baltimore, and Denver all won Super Bowls without a HOF Wide Reciever. New York won on their defense and Plexico Burress was hurt most of the year and he is nowhere near as dominant as Terrell Owens.

You don't need a Hall of Fame Wide Receiver to win a Super Bowl.

To reiterate, the poster said we would be "medicore" without Terrell Owens and that is what I was debating.

You'll never achieve the word "medicore" from Blue's lips when the equation includes #81. He's the know all end all. The second coming of God in a football uniform.