I hate that we are playing for something

blueblood70

Reaction score
We struggled today barely beating the worse defense in the league. We also got out yarded to make things worse.

Some of you may bash me and say I'm ungrateful and we won, but you are really BSing yourselves if you think we will even win a home playoff game with these flaws.

This is probably the worse winning season I have ever experienced.

Seriously the situation the cowboys are in right now is like being on Death Row, and knowing that in 3 weeks you will take your final walk to the electric chair to seal your fate.

And I haven't even gotten to the thought of extending a disappointing Dak and lack of firing Garrett which is the real problem that needs to be taken care of.

This team didnt prove to us nothing today against a team with the worse defense. All it proved is that they will more than likely lose to any of the bottom teams in the post season.
dude get over it and yourself, this is week to week league, you never know whos coming and how they are playing.. the other team has players, the TB buc have top Offense all season and played keep away with a lot of long drives, thats on our defense(defense had many flaws the last few weeks as well) not just the offense, we didnt have a lot of drives to score more points..it happens, theres no astericks next to W-Ls they are either win or loss..just because we didnt blow them out or get blown out its an issue? lots of teams play close games so what 38-31 is better for your eyes then 27-20? look around the league, Colts barely beat a bad NY team 28-27 after they shut us out, what sense does that make? its insane to worry about this it a win we are in the playoffs.. its not perfect but lets prepare for Setale and hope the Game plan and execution is good one..

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Yeah, I think you missed it. It was after Gregory recovered the fumble. I forget the down and distance, but it wasn't a long pass. It was inside the 10, I believe, where they've been struggling to get it in, on a short field.

We had the ball at the 4 yard line....so that's daks long ball now?

AlienBoy

Reaction score
LOL at 'we will lose'. I love the guarantees from people like you on here. If we play like today in the playoffs we might win. We score 13 points against the Saints and won. Played like this against the Eagles and won. We've played like this a lot and won. So you're wrong.
:hammer:

ejthedj

Reaction score
We struggled today barely beating the worse defense in the league. We also got out yarded to make things worse.

Some of you may bash me and say I'm ungrateful and we won, but you are really BSing yourselves if you think we will even win a home playoff game with these flaws.

Seriously the situation the cowboys are in right now is like being on Death Row, and knowing that in 3 weeks you will take your final walk to the electric chair to seal your fate.

And I haven't even gotten to the thought of extending a disappointing Dak and lack of firing Garrett which is the real problem that needs to be taken care of.

This team didnt prove to us nothing today against a team with the worse defense. All it proved is that they will more than likely lose to any of the bottom teams in the post season.

Gotta love the fake fans who know nothing about football. The NFL is an 8-8 league. Parity. We can beat anybody. Please become a fan of another team.

jday

Reaction score

I'd say it's pretty clear then that you watch for one reason and one reason only: to see this team win a championship.

Right now you are probably thinking: "well yeah, isn't that why everyone watches?"

I think initially everyone starts with that collective reason in mind, however, as time goes by you eventually learn to accept that the odds are against that ever happening and so if that is the only reason you watch, all you are really doing is setting yourself up for massive disappointment every year. And if you have family (wife, kids, etc) you are also setting them up to hate you every year.

About 5 years ago, I was that fan. My wife couldn't stand to be around me when the Cowboys lost and eventually I figured out that I was wrong on alot of different levels for being that way. One, it clearly wasn't her fault the Cowboys lost so she was not deserving of who I turned into. Two, it clearly wasn't my fault the Cowboys were losing, so I realized if I was going to continue to be a fan, as well as, a good husband and father, I had to recalibrate why I watched and learn to enjoy football for the experience and not so much for a desired destination.

The thing we fans tend to lose sight of is that they pay the other guys to...the other guys want to win as well...and with the salary cap, teams are alot closer in overall talent then what they were 25 + years ago. So while I understand what your saying, that the Cowboys are most likely an early out in this upcoming playoffs, take heart in one thing: These Cowboys have proven they can lose to any body...but they also have proven they can beat anyone. And with that defense, they have a chance in every game.

If they don't make it this year, they still have one hell of nucleus to build on. In the meantime, we fans can reflect on what a great overall year it has been. Byron Jones might not be a great Safety, but his first Pro Bowl says we've got ourselves a great corner to build around. Antwaun Woods was 4th on the depth chart in training camp and now we have that big ole run-stuffing 1-tech we were all clamoring for in the offseason leading up to this season. LVE is a beast and along side Jaylon Smith, this might be the best linebacking duo in the business over the next several years. Zeke is Zeke. Amari was obviously a pleasant surprise following what many of us thought was an overpay.

So, with or without a championship this year, we Cowboys fans have alot to be thankful for. If you choose to focus on what potentially could go wrong in the upcoming playoffs, that's your prerogative, but it comes down to a life choice: You can either be sad and focus on what goes wrong or you can be happy and be thankful for what has gone right and be hopeful for what could right down the stretch.

Your choice.

CCBoy

Reaction score
I'd say it's pretty clear then that you watch for one reason and one reason only: to see this team win a championship.

Right now you are probably thinking: "well yeah, isn't that why everyone watches?"

I think initially everyone starts with that collective reason in mind, however, as time goes by you eventually learn to accept that the odds are against that ever happening and so if that is the only reason you watch, all you are really doing is setting yourself up for massive disappointment every year. And if you have family (wife, kids, etc) you are also setting them up to hate you every year.

About 5 years ago, I was that fan. My wife couldn't stand to be around me when the Cowboys lost and eventually I figured out that I was wrong on alot of different levels for being that way. One, it clearly wasn't her fault the Cowboys lost so she was not deserving of who I turned into. Two, it clearly wasn't my fault the Cowboys were losing, so I realized if I was going to continue to be a fan, as well as, a good husband and father, I had to recalibrate why I watched and learn to enjoy football for the experience and not so much for a desired destination.

The thing we fans tend to lose sight of is that they pay the other guys to...the other guys want to win as well...and with the salary cap, teams are alot closer in overall talent then what they were 25 + years ago. So while I understand what your saying, that the Cowboys are most likely an early out in this upcoming playoffs, take heart in one thing: These Cowboys have proven they can lose to any body...but they also have proven they can beat anyone. And with that defense, they have a chance in every game.

If they don't make it this year, they still have one hell of nucleus to build on. In the meantime, we fans can reflect on what a great overall year it has been. Byron Jones might not be a great Safety, but his first Pro Bowl says we've got ourselves a great corner to build around. Antwaun Woods was 4th on the depth chart in training camp and now we have that big ole run-stuffing 1-tech we were all clamoring for in the offseason leading up to this season. LVE is a beast and along side Jaylon Smith, this might be the best linebacking duo in the business over the next several years. Zeke is Zeke. Amari was obviously a pleasant surprise following what many of us thought was an overpay.

So, with or without a championship this year, we Cowboys fans have alot to be thankful for. If you choose to focus on what potentially could go wrong in the upcoming playoffs, that's your prerogative, but it comes down to a life choice: You can either be sad and focus on what goes wrong or you can be happy and be thankful for what has gone right and be hopeful for what could right down the stretch.

Your choice.

A terrific endorsement for why sportsmanship in fans is so important.

RoboQB

Reaction score

Your choice.

Well written. No surprise there. You may have just saved a man's life... lol.

THEHEREAFTER

Reaction score
Wow. We clinch the NFC East after winning 6 of 7 games. During that stretch we unveiled
a top 5 defense. We swept the SB Champs. We beat the Saints. And THIS is a thread topic!?! Smh.

It never really seemed like the TB victory was ever in doubt, to me. Their last TD was basically
garbage time. Not many onsides recoveries with the rule change.

Yes, I'm fully aware of the warts on this team. Games and match-ups change from week to week.
Play calls are different. Defensive schemes change. Seattle got beat by SF just last week.

The thread title just oozes ignorance. The top seed was just clinched today. You want to be playing
for something this week. I'm starting to think this guy is just a Russian bot...lol.

Oh, and it seems a few of you have forgotten that to win the Super Bowl, you must first
qualify for the "tournament", as the Tuna says.

Merry Christmas, Cowboys fans!

:hammer::clap:

DUO_CORE

Reaction score
I remember in 1992 when everyone on this board was saying the same thing.

Tommy

Reaction score

You poor baby.

Have a box of tissues courtesy of CowboysZone.

glimmerman

Reaction score

I really think playcalling is hurting us. Dak plays pretty well but does the same things. Holds the ball to long. Makes a few good passes and then makes a few bad ones.

Chrispierce

Reaction score
Yeah, I understand bro. Winning enough to make the playoffs just sucks. :)
Loool touché. No I love that they turned it around mid season to get in,I just don’t like the way they are playing football right now. It’s been really bad for 2 games now,to where they’ll lose in the wild card game doing that if it’s not tightened up a bit.

Jipper

Reaction score
As ridiculous as this thread is whining that we didn’t win by more....just think what kind of threads would be out there if we had lost