I hate that we are playing for something

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You must have went to the kitchen and missed that beautiful TD pass to Gallup, right? That was one huge play that excited me looking forward. I think it's the first time they've hooked up in the red zone this season.

1 long pass play every 3 games....ya man Dak the man....mxmas lol

Bleedblue1111

Reaction score
1 long pass play every 3 games....ya man Dak the man....mxmas lol
Yeah, I think you missed it. It was after Gregory recovered the fumble. I forget the down and distance, but it wasn't a long pass. It was inside the 10, I believe, where they've been struggling to get it in, on a short field.

RoboQB

Reaction score
Wow. We clinch the NFC East after winning 6 of 7 games. During that stretch we unveiled
a top 5 defense. We swept the SB Champs. We beat the Saints. And THIS is a thread topic!?! Smh.

It never really seemed like the TB victory was ever in doubt, to me. Their last TD was basically
garbage time. Not many onsides recoveries with the rule change.

Yes, I'm fully aware of the warts on this team. Games and match-ups change from week to week.
Play calls are different. Defensive schemes change. Seattle got beat by SF just last week.

The thread title just oozes ignorance. The top seed was just clinched today. You want to be playing
for something this week. I'm starting to think this guy is just a Russian bot...lol.

Oh, and it seems a few of you have forgotten that to win the Super Bowl, you must first
qualify for the "tournament", as the Tuna says.

Merry Christmas, Cowboys fans!

Bleedblue1111

Reaction score
Wow. We clinch the NFC East after winning 6 of 7 games. During that stretch we unveiled
a top 5 defense. We swept the SB Champs. We beat the Saints. And THIS is a thread topic!?! Smh.

It never really seemed like the TB victory was ever in doubt, to me. Their last TD was basically
garbage time. Not many onsides recoveries with the rule change.

Yes, I'm fully aware of the warts on this team. Games and match-ups change from week to week.
Play calls are different. Defensive schemes change. Seattle got beat by SF just last week.

The thread title just oozes ignorance. The top seed was just clinched today. You want to be playing
for something this week. I'm starting to think this guy is just a Russian bot...lol.

Oh, and it seems a few of you have forgotten that to win the Super Bowl, you must first
qualify for the "tournament", as the Tuna says.

Merry Christmas, Cowboys fans!
Merry Christmas!

DandyDon52

Reaction score
yeah I always like for dallas to get in, just makes playoffs better.
For those that only want a team in playoffs that is going to SB .........:lmao2::facepalm:

For most teams the season will end and thats it, we get a playoff game, maybe more.
With this team you never know, beating NO was a shocker, so anything is possible.

My main problem is with the coaches off and ST coaches, I have no faith in those guys, and the worst thing
is the playoffs and Div winner, could save JG's job, in fact I am 100% sure it will.:thumbdown:

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I don't mind having a mid-level team playing above it's talent level getting to the playoffs and losing.
But for the last couple years we are a team who plays to its talent level one week and looks like dog doo doo the next. I hope we go to the championship game, but if we're one and done I'm ok as long as OC and QB coach are slapped out the door .

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yeah, I think you missed it. It was after Gregory recovered the fumble. I forget the down and distance, but it wasn't a long pass. It was inside the 10, I believe, where they've been struggling to get it in, on a short field.

ya ok gotcha you ....now please tell me when his last red zone TD pass was????????????? See neither can I.....

Romo_To_Dez

Reaction score
Cowboys fanbase by be one of the few fanbases in the NFL that hates that our team has something to play for in the playoffs. just because they don't like the QB and coach. And assume that losing them will put us in better position for the next season, yet don't take into account that teams aren't guaranteed to make the playoffs the following season, just because they made it the season before. And that fans should root for their teams to take full advantage of their playoff opportunity while they have it.

SoupcanSam

Reaction score
Lots of playoff teams in that situation. Only one survives to win it all. Happens every year.

I'm pretty sure there are other team in the playoffs in that situation but unlike them the cowboys have the most tell tell signs of an early exit.

All I'm saying is that I really wish the coaches put their best efforts out there scheme wise and I hope they go with what works with zeke.

Why cant you guys see that my beef isnt with the whole team. It's been a year of football and there is a reason I feel that way after observing the roller coaster craziness.

Run Zeke, no more RPO, no more gadget plays, no more 40 yard goes on short downs and inches, DO MORE PLAYACTION "UNDER CENTER" etc.

Dak needs to not spin into sacks, read the field, make the obvious throws, trust his arm, trust in himself.

I get bash for criticizing this team doing the opposite when all I want them to do is the right thing, and we can beat any team in this league.

This is a SB team but we get into our own way.

IrishAnto

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure there are other team in the playoffs in that situation but unlike them the cowboys have the most tell tell signs of an early exit.

All I'm saying is that I really wish the coaches put their best efforts out there scheme wise and I hope they go with what works with zeke.

Why cant you guys see that my beef isnt with the whole team. It's been a year of football and there is a reason I feel that way after observing the roller coaster craziness.

Run Zeke, no more RPO, no more gadget plays, no more 40 yard goes on short downs and inches, DO MORE PLAYACTION "UNDER CENTER" etc.

Dak needs to not spin into sacks, read the field, make the obvious throws, trust his arm, trust in himself.

I get bash for criticizing this team doing the opposite when all I want them to do is the right thing, and we can beat any team in this league.

This is a SB team but we get into our own way.
The right thing would be to get rid of the GM who is the man responsible for the last 23 years but isn’t going anywhere.
So the best you can hope for is the coaching staff overcoming that handicap.
It’s highly unlikely we’ll win out but at least we have a chance.
Be thankful for that.

TexasBoys2288

Reaction score
Ok and that's fine. You have higher standards than I do. But you can't get into the Super Bowl if you don't make the playoffs.
Who says I'm not happy the Boyz won the division and are in the playoffs? The goal is and always should be to win the big prize.

Falco78

Reaction score
Thats where I am. I am 48, buried a friend last weekend. Faather died in July.... Aunt died thursday. The nfl is about fun, and Im traveling with friends and family to the playoff game and I want to win .. badly, but I am goingto have a great time no matter what leading up to the game. We have playoffs to look forward to... many do not.
Just enjoy the game and the time with the family!

TexasHillbilly

Reaction score
I doubt anything changes.
You are most likely right. I can see that you like much of the fanbase is frustrated. It is just a game. At least we are not the skins. The eagles may not even make it in. Most likely they will not.

We are in.

Romo_To_Dez

Reaction score
There's also a difference in being concerned about your team's weakness, going into the playoffs and whether or not they can overcome them or fix them to advance. Yet, still being happy and excited that they are in the playoffs. And just being miserable or upset about your team making the playoffs, because of the assumption that they won't advance far before the playoff games are even played.

And an even bigger difference between being concerned about your team's weaknesses and being upset about making the playoffs because you don't like the headcoach or QB.:facepalm:

Romo_To_Dez

Reaction score
Who says I'm not happy the Boyz won the division and are in the playoffs? The goal is and always should be to win the big prize.

First step to the "underdog" playoff team, making a run to win the Superbowl is getting into the playoffs. We have down that, so let's see where it takes us.