I Have A Hunch Jerry Has Seen Enuff

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I know they mentioned his silence after the game yesterday on BSPN, but I think Jerry has an entire body of work to look at. There really is no reason to keep Red.

I know it seems like a stretch, but I wouldnt be surprised if he actually canned him. Jerry's clock is ticking and he doesnt have years and years to wait
That is exactly why he will keep him. Turning over the coaching would be like starting over for him. continuity has been his latest blunder idea.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Im going to ask you a straight up question:

Do you want Jason Garrett fired?

Yes or No

I'm already on record on this but will say it again. It doesn't matter what I want, I know the reality of the situation. Pro Garrett or con Garrett doesn't apply when it comes to the current ownership of our team.

Would I like to see Garrett replaced? Yes BUT it completely depends on who would replace him. That is a huge consideration. What if the head coach turns out to be worse than Garrett? Then we would have been better off sticking with Garrett.

That is why I don't get into any of the back and forth on Garrett.

khiladi

Reaction score
Question: Will it be extra satisfying because of what Jerry [Jones] said to see the Cowboys completely just turn into a dumpster fire if you're in the playoffs?

"I mean, yeah. Absolutely," Weeden said. "We get to play extra football and he'll be watching on his couch. That's what it's all about. We're playing for something and this is a fun time of the year."

You know you've reached the low-point as an organization, when Weeden is talking trash about you...

khiladi

Reaction score
Continuity is over-rated...

The Commanders have gone from bottom-of-the-barrell football to top of the NFC East via changes in coaching in one year, with a whole set of injuries.. The issue is not the ability to be back on top after a year, it's the willingness to make changes philosophically to get back on top. We've got the talent, we don't have the coaching...

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I'm already on record on this but will say it again. It doesn't matter what I want, I know the reality of the situation. Pro Garrett or con Garrett doesn't apply when it comes to the current ownership of our team.

Would I like to see Garrett replaced? Yes BUT it completely depends on who would replace him. That is a huge consideration. What if the head coach turns out to be worse than Garrett? Then we would have been better off sticking with Garrett.

Garrett is as bad as it gets. It would very unlikely that anyone could be worse. Its a chance I would gladly take 10 out of 10 times. The first course of business is getting rid of Garrett. Who comes after him is secondary in my opinion. Now should we have concerns over the choices that Jones has made as an owner? 100%. But you have to figure after two lackey, short cut coaching options in a row Jerry would want to get someone that is legitimate.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score

Although I MUST confess that I hated Garrett from the initial hire. Going from Wade to Garrett was a step down in my opinion. So your comment has merrit. But Wade needed to go as well.

Fritsch_the_cat

Reaction score
I know its goes against the majority opinion around here, but I think Jerry has seen enuff. I think that if we make another pathetic showing against the Skins we may have a great off season beginning with Red getting his walking papers.

Keeping Garrett would be idiotic and Jerry knows it. I will not be surprised at all when I get the alert that Red has been let go.

A long time ago I consoled myself after Jimmy was fired that JJ hated losing as much as I do so therefore he would do what is necessary to make sure the Cowboys win. I now realize the most important thing to Jerry is his ego so that means never admitting he is wrong.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Garrett is as bad as it gets. It would very unlikely that anyone could be worse.

I would have to disagree with you. There have been worse HC's than Garrett, some on our own team post Switzer. One even got de-pants by a player. That is when you know the bottom has been reached.

khiladi

Reaction score
Although I MUST confess that I hated Garrett from the initial hire. Going from Wade to Garrett was a step down in my opinion. So your comment has merrit. But Wade needed to go as well.

Wade's defense had 10 TOs in 8 games, while Garrett's offense turned the ball over 19 times in those 8 games. Wade was clearly alluding to the issues on offense, but couldn't do anything about it.

He foreshadowed these issues by trying to get Dan Reeves prior, particularly to help Jason with the run game.

If anybody was hamstrung, it was Wade.

It was Garrett that needed to go. Wade was hamstrung and still had 3 winning seasons and a play-off victory.

Who knows what direction this team could have went if Wade picked his own OC.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Chip being fired may open jerrys eyes, lurie pulled the plug, does jerry have the courage to do the same??
Romo only has 2-3 years left, jerry says 3-5, but if those are all with JG Romo will never have a ring, or even get close.
Not even the NFC ring.

That being said , I think jerry goes with JG another year.

rynochop

Reaction score

As a mod I wish you would,ha. The handful of folks who literally jump into every single thread with some not funny remark about how Garrett sucks is really tired.

Agree about who would you replace Garrett with (which none of the fire him crowd has an answer for) there's probably 6 or so guys out of a job Monday. And not exactly a ton of candidates who have proven a thing

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I would have to disagree with you. There have been worse HC's than Garrett, some on our own team post Switzer. One even got de-pants by a player. That is when you know the bottom has been reached.

So what is your point that there actually have been coaches worse? Ok, maybe. he may not be the worst of all time. LOL

And as far as Switzer you have to be completely joking. Switzer won in college and won in the pros. Garrett cant even call a game properly. He didnt even win in pop warner or on any level. Switzer revolutionized the college game with the wishbone and paved the way for the incorporation of black players into the college game. He was an innovator. He was also one missed pass interference call away from winning two SB's in a row here in Dallas.

My God, even Wade Phillips found a way to have a winning record here in Dallas saddled with the horrid Garrett running his offense.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Wade's defense had 10 TOs in 8 games, while Garrett's offense turned the ball over 19 times in those 8 games. Wade was clearly alluding to the issues on offense, but couldn't do anything about it.

He foreshadowed these issues by trying to get Dan Reeves prior, particularly to help Jason with the run game.

If anybody was hamstrung, it was Wade.

It was Garrett that needed to go. Wade was hamstrung and still had 3 winning seasons and a play-off victory.

Who knows what direction this team could have went if Wade picked his own OC.

I was definitely one of the guys that stuck up for Wade. So many hated him, but the guy won. What he proved was that he was a great DC and a solid head coach. But again, solid is not what we need here in Dallas and he needed to go. And yes, he had less control then the hapless Garrett. Like in most places, he wins early, then his act fades after a few years. But he at least understands the basics of football, which Garrett clearly struggles to grasp. Garretts runs every game no matter who is playing like he has Aikman and the triplets in the game.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
As a mod I wish you would,ha. The handful of folks who literally jump into every single thread with some not funny remark about how Garrett sucks is really tired.

Agree about who would you replace Garrett with (which none of the fire him crowd has an answer for) there's probably 6 or so guys out of a job Monday. And not exactly a ton of candidates who have proven a thing

If Garrett was the great head coach you claim he is, then there would be no issues. Garrett gets hammered because of what he is and what he isnt. Its as simple as that. Its not the moderators fault that you cant see that or cant take it when the truth comes. In case you didnt notice we are 4-11. Not much positive is going to be said about this team in any fashion. Maybe losing doesnt hurt enough for you. Most of us here cant stand it.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Chip being fired may open jerrys eyes, lurie pulled the plug, does jerry have the courage to do the same??
Romo only has 2-3 years left, jerry says 3-5, but if those are all with JG Romo will never have a ring, or even get close.
Not even the NFC ring.

That being said , I think jerry goes with JG another year.

All I thought about when I saw the news was how I wish we at least had an owner that was smart enough to fire a guy when its time.