I have no interest in ever seeing Dak take another snap for Dallas

Bigtex67

Reaction score
Are you watching the games. Yes Rush can play. But Moore tried or Rush changed plays at the line today. They got to aggressive again and that’s why the game took so long to be done. I watched the other team take advantage of our weakness, our outside edge run Defense. It pi$$ed me off to no end.

I would really like to know what plays were being called that he was choosing to audible out of... were they aggressive downfield throws or screen passes.....

To go with that what was he seeing that had him make the change?

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Well the op is either a field goal kicker or a dumb a....sorry mods but for real you should stop the trolls here.
Because they see things different than you they are trolls. You might look up the definition of that.

And if they ARE trolls...maybe it's dumb to keep FEEDING them.

HMJYay

Reaction score
Even if they found a team willing to take on more of the cap Dak also has to approve the trade. Dak has no reason to approve a trade that makes him look like a horrible qb. He's better off calling their bluff and make the Cowboys sit him or cut him.

Very true. I hadn't thought of that perspective. I agree he's not going to go to any situation that he would have to be the difference maker. The Cowboys have to be willing to actually do it if they go that route.

CowboysFever1973

Reaction score
With over 30 likes to my OP that proves this take isn't as asinine as some dak lovers want to claim!! Cowboy Nation wants change and that change starts with Rush!!!!

jaythecowboy

Reaction score
Very true. I hadn't thought of that perspective. I agree he's not going to go to any situation that he would have to be the difference maker. The Cowboys have to be willing to actually do it if they go that route.

That is fair but I moreso meant Dak has no reason to accept a trade where he's a salary dump because it would make him look like a horrible qb.

jaythecowboy

Reaction score
And like I said earlier, besides the huge dead cap for getting rid of Dak you still have to pay a new deal for Cooper Rush which is at least $15 million (probably closer to $25 million) if you're just handing him the keys to the franchise.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Not sure what you're trying to say here.
Daks a franchise top 10 QB

so I fully and whole heartedly disagree hes not the answer,

give him consistent defensive play, strong run game, better play calling, less penalty's by his OL and we have seen who dak is.. daks NOT THE reason we lost those playoff games try 14 penalties, playing behind the chains, defense getting ran over in the run game, missed Fgs, and poor play calls..thats 5 before yes we see dak had poor game but there were actual visual evidence to the reasons.

we saw this last year saw it against the rams in 18, saw Dak and this offense come back to tie or take the lea 4times against GB in 2016 ,only to have the defense once again LOSE THE GAME...

2014 romo lost or Murray fumbled, Baily missed 2 fgs, and again defense couldn't stop rogers AGAIN!! perspective.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score

give him consistent defensive play, strong run game, better play calling, less penalty's by his OL and we have seen who dak is.. daks NOT THE reason we lost those playoff games try 14 penalties, playing behind the chains, defense getting ran over in the run game, missed Fgs, and poor play calls..thats 5 before yes we see dak had poor game but there were actual visual evidence to the reasons.

we saw this last year saw it against the rams in 18, saw Dak and this offense come back to tie or take the lea 4times against GB in 2016 ,only to have the defense once again LOSE THE GAME...

2014 romo lost or Murray fumbled, Baily missed 2 fgs, and again defense couldn't stop rogers AGAIN!! perspective.
You're saying that literally everything has to be perfect around him.

How can you both say that and claim he is a "top 10 QB" in the same posts?

Top 10 QBs don't need everything perfect around them to have success.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Cooper has been better in his first four starts than Dak was in his first four starts. take that for what its worth.
Not much. This wasn't well thought out at all.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
Me too

I really wish this wouldve happened in the 2020 season instead of now. We are stuck w the fool because he has a NTC :(
Due to the pandemic, there's only so much the coaching staff could have done with they players they had. No practices, no preseaon etc.... 2020 was horrible for the NFL. The league should have cancelled the season.

Jipper

Reaction score
Yah, Im sure he is really taking notes on that 21 point per game offense Rush is floating. Dak and his 31 point per game offense should take some notes. :lmao2:

its not about that, its about recognizing that there is an aspect or two of the way rush has played over the last 3 weeks that could help him improve. Let me be clear, Dak is by far the better qb but any great player will recognize that there are other elements of other successful players that they could learn from.

In this case, Dak could certainly take note of some of the pocket awareness Rush has had along with the reads on the intermediate throws - both of which are opportunities for him to get better. My point was that if he really is a student of the game and trying to raise to an elite level, he should be dissecting these games and thinking through what he would have done in the same situations and how he could mentally prepare for when he comes back.

there is always room to get better.

HMJYay

Reaction score

Well I respectively disagree that Dak is top 10. I said it last year and I'll say again, I'd place him 14-17. But, when you start talking that they are all so close it just doesn't really matter the ranking. So, you're saying that the top 10 QB, needs everything around him to be taken care of for him to look good. Got it. Dak over the last 12 games has played as if he's a bottom 10 QB. That's just the reality of it.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Well I respectively disagree that Dak is top 10. I said it last year and I'll say again, I'd place him 14-17. But, when you start talking that they are all so close it just doesn't really matter the ranking. So, you're saying that the top 10 QB, needs everything around him to be taken care of for him to look good. Got it. Dak over the last 12 games has played as if he's a bottom 10 QB. That's just the reality of it.
I disrespectablly disagree with your disagreement.