I have no interest in ever seeing Dak take another snap for Dallas

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Do you now have the ability to predict the future?

If Dak started, and lost, are you certain Rush would have won?

I think the thumb thing will take a bit to get Dak back to starting health. Not certain if either could beat the Rams. We'll see.

But this elation about Rush ignores some truths about the game today. When Dallas was backed up with a long field in front of the offense, I didn't see this QB be especially accurate, or lift the team on his shoulders and create long drives.

I am not down on Rush. But he is no more than a journeyman bus driver to me.

It’s really not about Dak. Dak and Rush are about the same in terms of the results you would get.

Heck Andy Dalton had a better win % than Dak and he was awful.

We need a better team and I feel like you can make the team better by not paying a QB like Dak that contract and I don’t think we can win a Super Bowl with guys like Dak and Zeke making that kind of money.

CowboysFever1973

Reaction score
Good luck with that theory. I'm enjoying the wins, but this giddiness is over the top.
Dak has had seven years to win us a superbowl I'm just tired of the same old story and if rush is going to win us games why are we paying a bus driver 40 mill per year@?!?@

vig454

Reaction score
This team just works under Rush. There's something special about this guy and he's just overall sees the field better than Dak.

This guy is no fluke.

He's Cooper The Rush.. Rush.
I hope Dak aggravates his thumb again so he can sit down and be the great million dollar cheerleader he has recently been.:muttley:

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
There's good news
Teams know how to defense Dak, the book is written he will see the same defense he saw from SF and TB.
He cannot and will not defeat it.
Jerry has really backed himself into a corner this time.

cowboyed

Reaction score
Prescott is not an elite quarterback but he is overall a very good quarterback. Rush is a very good backup who could possibly become a starter, but not necessarily post-season caliber. If we combined the capabilities and attributes of both players together we would have an elite quarterback. If it weren't for our dominant defense which arose since Game 2 this would be not be quite the success story it is for Cooper Rush. Also against the Commodes two sure interceptions against Rush were nullified due to penalty. At least one of those interceptions was in triple coverage. It is not only a matter of being able to throw the football further with accuracy but to send it express delivery rather than ground. What I like most about Rush is his in the field poise and craftiness. He has starter like command of the team and also handles opposing defense pressure and adversity very well.

jaythecowboy

Reaction score
Yes, but he can waive it if he wants. He wont, but if he wanted to be traded he can waive it like Wilson

Even if Dak waived the no trade clause it would be $40 million in dead money to trade him and Cooper Rush is gonna want $15 million minimum to be the starter.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
Dakota's issues stem all the way back to 2019, and really late into last year; it's been a recurring problem. Anybody that thinks he just had one bad day at the office against Tampa is trippin'.

I would argue that it goes all the way back to mid 2017. It cracks me up when they say "one" game.

DFWJC

Reaction score
This team just works under Rush. There's something special about this guy and he's just overall sees the field better than Dak.

This guy is no fluke.

You can say you don't want Dak long-term as our QB and that's a debatable topic.
But saying Cooper Rush is the long-term answer is borderline insane.

Opponents are averaging about 14 points per game the last 3 weeks.
Our very good D has faced nothing but awful olines and Jag QBs.....they are feasting.

The offense is managing a little over 22.7 ppg.
If you don't think they could have done that with a healthy Dak, you are nuts.

Things do get tougher the next two weeks.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score

This guy is no fluke.

wait, the same guy who was cut once, actually let go, went to Giants. got cut twice. came back to dallas and again, this year got cut, left exposed and 31 other teams said, nah not good enough for back up...Fans on this site screaming we need to improve our back up position.... and now he is special. geez people.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
Even if Dak waived the no trade clause it would be $40 million in dead money to trade him and Cooper Rush is gonna want $15 million minimum to be the starter.

It's a problem, no doubt. But if Dak doesn't come back razor sharp, can you really continue to trot him out there when everyone has seen that he isn't clearly better than his backup?

It's the nature of the position and salary. At a certain point, you can't just keep a guy. You have to move on and try to reset the organization. Hey other organizations have gotten out of contract blunders. We have a HOF GM. No worries.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Dallas' 26th ranked offense (and 28th in scoring) says it all.

Be happy are defense is balling out and we are 3-1

Acceptablename

Reaction score
It's a problem, no doubt. But if Dak doesn't come back razor sharp, can you really continue to trot him out there when everyone has seen that he isn't clearly better than his backup?

It's the nature of the position and salary. At a certain point, you can't just keep a guy. You have to move on and try to reset the organization. Hey other organizations have gotten out of contract blunders. We have a HOF GM. No worries.
I can see Dak is the better QB

McKDaddy

Reaction score
I can see Dak is the better QB

Well, he should be considering he's had 7 years of starter prep & game experience. But, it's not been real obvious when comparing the two.

When he comes back, he needs to be the very best version of himself. The team seems ready to be a legit contender. Just needs high level QB play to take it to the next level(s).