I have no interest in ever seeing Dak take another snap for Dallas

Redline360

Reaction score
As much as I think Dak is an overpaid bus driver

Relax he beat two trash teams and Cincy got off to a horrendous start to the season.

FanofJerry

Reaction score
On the trading Dak angle...

I too have been frustrated with posts around this forum all claiming he is ours until 2024 because of cap implications or no trade clause. I get that...but both of those can be worked around for an actual trade if Dallas wanted. But posters dont seem to want to talk about the exact ramifications of doing a trade. Why? They talk about the cap hits of players only in the context of the player never being traded...I dont understand? QB is a tough position and Dak has shown to be serviceable...I find it very hard to believe that another team would not take Dak even at 40M with an increasing cap each year all things equal. To suggest otherwise seems unreasonable.

Is there anyone with knowledge willing to explain the cap hit for Dak if traded assuming he was willing to waive the no trade clause? No need to distract from the question being asked with arguing that no team will take Dak if Dallas starts making calls because its a red flag if Dallas doesnt want him...or arguing as if you no for a fact that no other team would take Dak at his current price...no need to argue about that stuff.

Assume Dak is willing to waive no trade and another team is willing to absorb him...what are the cap ramifications for dead money on Dak? Can it be spread out of a few years or not? Does the new team not take on his full contract? What are the guaranteed vs non-guaranteed salary hits for Dallas if any?

Is that asking too much? I dont see why this topic is avoided like the plague here? All anyone answers is "he cant be traded because of no trade clause" or "hes ours until 2024".

cowboyed

Reaction score
I just want a QB that unites us.
I share the forum unity straw man sentiment but relentless disagreement in here goes beyond quarterback play. There won't be forum unity until we reach the next performance level and go deep in the playoffs. The reality is that it takes just one dismal game for fans to knock the starting quarterback, other players, offense/defense coaching staff personnel and coordinators off their pedestal. The resentment and impatience has been nurtured over nearly 25 years of post season performance underachievement - and that rests on the stooping shoulders of the ownership, and executive & general management. But I steadfastly remain a hope-a-dope.

blueblood70

Reaction score
This team just works under Rush. There's something special about this guy and he's just overall sees the field better than Dak.

This guy is no fluke.

He's Cooper The Rush.. Rush.
BYE then

see ya later . trust me Cowboys fans won't miss ya and you wont notice because obviously you are this guy,

5stz0a.jpg

he will be back but the eagles' game and rightfully so.

i do and the national medias, our own teammates and any sane fans know how dak plays against the east. the east knows it and i for sure know this
dak gets his job back because there a no debate hes the ebter NFL QB

no debate sorry this scenario with our d is why players like Matt castle, jimmyG , wentz and a better comp is GOFF, Rush is basically like those guys as they get to ride along with a team playing championship level D, great STs, and not asking for anything else for the QB.
please just stop.

im listening to many ex-coaches ,ex nfl players, and our own players, all agree with me after each game , this morning still say to just stop acting like there's a controversy. My eyes tell me im 100% correct.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Cooper Rush has earned a new contract and another team might give him a chance
Yes and he will most likely be put in the same stack as Foles post eagles, Dalton, Matt castle and many other overrated backups who rode the bus with a great team. I like rush Daks better period,

sorry this is so Ludacris, why cant Rush just be great Asset as backup and these nonsensical posts stop.

I now know why it wont stop these are haters watching games and think its Rush ,

dak haters below,

5stz0a.jpg

Jipper

Reaction score
Dak watching rush these last few games and the pocket movement plus the game plan might have helped daks mental game....have to hope he's been watching film and going through the study.

We all might be surprised with what we see when he comes back

Daillest88

Reaction score
Did we watch the same game? Lot's to like about Rush. Doesn't put the team in jeopardy with errors. His style compliments the defense/run game well but we were PEDESTRIAN today. Couldn't really put a bad team away and finish drives. You could see where Rush simply is not dynamic. That's a 30-40 point game with Dak. WITH THAT SAID, Rush is Solid. Just not sure if he can compete with elite teams. Like a high floor low ceiling guy.
And how these guys don’t see this , is all I need to know.

Acceptablename

Reaction score
Well, he should be considering he's had 7 years of starter prep & game experience. But, it's not been real obvious when comparing the two.

When he comes back, he needs to be the very best version of himself. The team seems ready to be a legit contender. Just needs high level QB play to take it to the next level(s).
Dak will take the reins and have good days and bad. His bad will be as good as Rush’s good. The play of the offensive line determines the play of either. Rush is exceeding our expectations that’s a great back up

FanofJerry

Reaction score
And how these guys don’t see this , is all I need to know.

But he should have 5 INT's already...thats putting team in jeopardy. Love what Rush is doing and Im not a Dak homer or hater...just pointing out that 5 INT's is putting team in jeopardy and that the INT luck most likely will run out at some point, no?

NorthTexan95

Reaction score
If you truly believe Rush is better than Dak, you need to seriously question your football IQ. Rush was not good yesterday and extremely lucky to have played an awful team. Dak hung 56 on this same Washington team last December.

FanofJerry

Reaction score

I too have been frustrated with posts around this forum all claiming he is ours until 2024 because of cap implications or no trade clause. I get that...but both of those can be worked around for an actual trade if Dallas wanted. But posters dont seem to want to talk about the exact ramifications of doing a trade. Why? They talk about the cap hits of players only in the context of the player never being traded...I dont understand? QB is a tough position and Dak has shown to be serviceable...I find it very hard to believe that another team would not take Dak even at 40M with an increasing cap each year all things equal. To suggest otherwise seems unreasonable.

Is there anyone with knowledge willing to explain the cap hit for Dak if traded assuming he was willing to waive the no trade clause? No need to distract from the question being asked with arguing that no team will take Dak if Dallas starts making calls because its a red flag if Dallas doesnt want him...or arguing as if you no for a fact that no other team would take Dak at his current price...no need to argue about that stuff.

Assume Dak is willing to waive no trade and another team is willing to absorb him...what are the cap ramifications for dead money on Dak? Can it be spread out of a few years or not? Does the new team not take on his full contract? What are the guaranteed vs non-guaranteed salary hits for Dallas if any?

Is that asking too much? I dont see why this topic is avoided like the plague here? All anyone answers is "he cant be traded because of no trade clause" or "hes ours until 2024".

How come no one wants to answer this?

I dont want to become an NFL GM...so I dont want to spend 3 hours of reading and math trying to figure this out...it doesnt make sense for me. Surely someone can give a quick answer without having to spend much time on figuring this out since they know the rules

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score

its not 40M. that's now how its measured and used in the books. people tend to take average and not understand how the cap really works.

average is average...means nothing in relation to actual cap hits per year. the past two years Dak's cap hit have been 17.2 and 19.3M.....jhis base pay was 3M and 1.6M respectively.... so basically pushing the rest of the average numbers to the future. If he was cut this year, the dead cap hit would be 109M, that's the gauranteed and bonus portions of the contract hitting the books. if he is cut next year, the dead cap hit is 89M. in 2024 the dead cap hit is almost 40M. His base pay for 2023 is 31M. and for 2024 29M

with that said, as you set up the contract, spread the bonus, redo the contract, add more bonus, the dead cap hits on the salary cap go up each year too. so in 2023, his salary cap hit is 49M. and in 2024, 52M.

so cowboys have put themselves in a rock and a hard place....if they cut him, they take a huge one year hit, probably have to cut a few, not be able to extend Lamb, Micah, etc. if they keep him, salary cap is squeezed still trying to extend current players. so the likey action for most is to add years to the contract. so they had assumed they sign a contract, then extend and push money in the future because they felt that was their QB for several years before having to rebuild.

that's probably why Stephen went cheap and saved 20M on the cap and not sign anyone, so that it rolls into next year, thus essentially getting a 20M relief on the cap. reducing perhaps Dak's cap impact to 29M if they decide not to extend.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I share the forum unity straw man sentiment but relentless disagreement in here goes beyond quarterback play. There won't be forum unity until we reach the next performance level and go deep in the playoffs. The reality is that it takes just one dismal game for fans to knock the starting quarterback, other players, offense/defense coaching staff personnel and coordinators off their pedestal. The resentment and impatience has been nurtured over nearly 25 years of post season performance underachievement - and that rests on the stooping shoulders of the ownership, and executive & general management. But I steadfastly remain a hope-a-dope.

Dak Prescott. A victim after just one dismal game.

FanofJerry

Reaction score
its not 40M. that's now how its measured and used in the books. people tend to take average and not understand how the cap really works.

average is average...means nothing in relation to actual cap hits per year. the past two years Dak's cap hit have been 17.2 and 19.3M.....jhis base pay was 3M and 1.6M respectively.... so basically pushing the rest of the average numbers to the future. If he was cut this year, the dead cap hit would be 109M, that's the gauranteed and bonus portions of the contract hitting the books. if he is cut next year, the dead cap hit is 89M. in 2024 the dead cap hit is almost 40M. His base pay for 2023 is 31M. and for 2024 29M

with that said, as you set up the contract, spread the bonus, redo the contract, add more bonus, the dead cap hits on the salary cap go up each year too. so in 2023, his salary cap hit is 49M. and in 2024, 52M.

so cowboys have put themselves in a rock and a hard place....if they cut him, they take a huge one year hit, probably have to cut a few, not be able to extend Lamb, Micah, etc. if they keep him, salary cap is squeezed still trying to extend current players. so the likey action for most is to add years to the contract. so they had assumed they sign a contract, then extend and push money in the future because they felt that was their QB for several years before having to rebuild.

that's probably why Stephen went cheap and saved 20M on the cap and not sign anyone, so that it rolls into next year, thus essentially getting a 20M relief on the cap. reducing perhaps Dak's cap impact to 29M if they decide not to extend.

When you say cap hit...is it the same for waived as it is for traded? Im specifically talking about if he is traded.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
Rush has done an excellent job, considering he spent every camp working with the 2's and the scout teams.

Dude can play ball.

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
The Cowboys will not be able to roll through the season like this. They need to live or die with Dak.