I have no interest in ever seeing Dak take another snap for Dallas

HMJYay

Reaction score
Anyone claiming that Rush is a 'better' QB is probably getting caught up. Dak is a trash QB but Rush isn't actually that special. Having said that.. Rush is a better QB for this team.

I've said for years that this team could have a bus driving QB and still win games if we got the defence right.. proven correct. I'd go back to when Dak first injured the ankle and we got some back ups in there.. and they actually did alright but we had a league worst level defence and lost games. This create even more 'Dak mania' because people thought he was capable of more than he was.

Dak takes sacks because he is slow to release the ball. Our O'Line is not the dominant unit it was 6-7 years ago but it still has talent. Notice how clean Rush has stayed?? Dak meanwhile takes hits because he gets locked up, refuses to run, has no field vision and panicks.

The reality is that Rush should stay under centre.. and we should be looking for a proper QB in the draft/trade period. If we have a chance to offload Dak.. we need to take it, but I suspect we are stuck with the white elephant for a while yet.

Exactly. This right here. I think anyone saying Rush is better might be overstating that. Now I do this it's fair to question what is the gap really between the two. With all of that said, we know Dak. isn't the answer. Anyone that's actually watched him play the last 6 years knows that. But, just because he is the answer doesn't mean Rush is. If I had my choice it's let Rush prove whether he is or isn't. I'd of course wish him well, but I suspect he isn't and the Cowboys finally spend a 1st round pick on QB. Their drafting has been really good. I'm sure they can do it. Once you do that, seeing how Dak has reacted to adversity (saying fans should throw things at the refs) I would suspect he will waive the no trade clause because he's not going to want competition. Then the Cowboys probably have to pull an Oswieler and give up a pick (or get a late round pick) so some team desperate for a QB can eat his contract. The Cowboys take the remaining cap hit and move on. My two cents.

HMJYay

Reaction score
Anyone claiming that Rush is a 'better' QB is probably getting caught up. Dak is a trash QB but Rush isn't actually that special. Having said that.. Rush is a better QB for this team.

I've said for years that this team could have a bus driving QB and still win games if we got the defence right.. proven correct. I'd go back to when Dak first injured the ankle and we got some back ups in there.. and they actually did alright but we had a league worst level defence and lost games. This create even more 'Dak mania' because people thought he was capable of more than he was.

Dak takes sacks because he is slow to release the ball. Our O'Line is not the dominant unit it was 6-7 years ago but it still has talent. Notice how clean Rush has stayed?? Dak meanwhile takes hits because he gets locked up, refuses to run, has no field vision and panicks.

The reality is that Rush should stay under centre.. and we should be looking for a proper QB in the draft/trade period. If we have a chance to offload Dak.. we need to take it, but I suspect we are stuck with the white elephant for a while yet.

Exactly. This right here. I think anyone saying Rush is better might be overstating that. Now I do this it's fair to question what is the gap really between the two. With all of that said, we know Dak. isn't the answer. Anyone that's actually watched him play the last 6 years knows that. But, just because he is the answer doesn't mean Rush is. If I had my choice it's let Rush prove whether he is or isn't. I'd of course wish him well, but I suspect he isn't and the Cowboys finally spend a 1st round pick on QB. Their drafting has been really good. I'm sure they can do it. Once you do that, seeing how Dak has reacted to adversity (saying fans should throw things at the refs) I would suspect he will waive the no trade clause because he's not going to want competition. Then the Cowboys probably have to pull an Oswieler and give up a pick (or get a late round pick) so some team desperate for a QB can eat his contract. The Cowboys take the remaining cap hit and move on. My two cents.

LittleD

Reaction score
Time for the Romo...I mean the Dak treatment and let Rush drive the bus all the way to the playoffs. Dak can warm the bench like Romo had to.

HMJYay

Reaction score
Rush is just more proof that you can get Dak like results without spending that kind of money.

Exactly. Whether you want to debate which is better, it shows what all of us against Dak's contract had in mind. Don't give him a contract and go another option. All we heard was well how are you going to replace him? Well it seems by happenstance we got our answer. Imagine this defense with Von Miller, which we could have got without Dak's contract. Or another O-line addition etc.

FanofJerry

Reaction score
Still no one willing to clarify cap ramifications of waiving vs trading Dak?

Seems odd.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
How come no one wants to answer this?

I dont want to become an NFL GM...so I dont want to spend 3 hours of reading and math trying to figure this out...it doesnt make sense for me. Surely someone can give a quick answer without having to spend much time on figuring this out since they know the rules

My take is that A) nobody can answer this & B) It IS a complicated situation and details about exactly what transpired would affect the answer. Ie, there is no simple one size fits all answer.

The reason I say A is that too often all the experts who are supposed to know this kind of stuff say X will happen concerning a deal and then Y happens. The teams & agents know the fine details and how to structure deals for best impact and it seems they can often find some wiggle room in some of the interpretations that the talking heads can't.

I do agree with you though that there is a path out of this if Dak and the team decided to part ways. Not saying it would be painless but other teams seem to find their way out of tough situations.

FanofJerry

Reaction score
My take is that A) nobody can answer this & B) It IS a complicated situation and details about exactly what transpired would affect the answer. Ie, there is no simple one size fits all answer.

The reason I say A is that too often all the experts who are supposed to know this kind of stuff say X will happen concerning a deal and then Y happens. The teams & agents know the fine details and how to structure deals for best impact and it seems they can often find some wiggle room in some of the interpretations that the talking heads can't.

I do agree with you though that there is a path out of this if Dak and the team decided to part ways. Not saying it would be painless but other teams seem to find their way out of tough situations.

THANK YOU! Geez...even though you dont have the exact answer...thank you for at least acknowledging that trading seems to be an option. And...unless there is some rule that says his guaranteed or unguaranteed has to be spread out in a short time period or fulfilled immediately...it seems like the cap ramifications are less than waiving him...but no one wants to talk about this option for some reason. And...there are teams that could use a serviceable QB like Dak. Even then though...seems like Daks new team would absorb his contract details...so why would Dallas have any cap ramifications?

McKDaddy

Reaction score
so why would Dallas have any cap ramifications?

That's how the rules are written. Gonna get hit with something which I never have really agreed with. If both sides decide to part ways, you would think the league would look at it as simply erasing what was on the books (or at least the vast majority). But they don't.

blueblood70

Reaction score
OMG you are clueless

really comparing Brock.OS. to Dak and willing to eat 60mil in dead cap money for top 10 qb and get nearly nothing for him dak a topo 10 starter not an overpaid huge in long lien of mistakes by other teams overpaying trash, daks not that..

those that say we were fleeced in the Amari trade , this is 100times worse.

Wake up!!!!!!!!!!! smell the hype train..Coops played well, hes not dak and no way you just EAT 50-80million or any part of that to get rid of a true starting franchise QB.. unless the other team eats alkl of the deal and give us what Denver gave Seatle for Russ.,that what daks worth yes it is not debatable look at RW now..not only did they trade for him gave him more money and a new deal..

Daks deal is far less then that, daks playing far better then most give him credit for,

The irony is Rush is Osweiler type ie overrated due to team play ie matt castle and others, another team willing to pay Rish and give him starting money knowing all they will get is maybe Andy Dalton type play, well that where the mistake will be,

how about this, TRADE RUSH, lets see what hes actually worth in the eyes of the league, you know the ones that didn't pluck him for free of free Practice squad 75times the last 5 years LOL the teams like NY who signed him and cut him..man who knew they cut tom brady..:muttley::huh:

lets go check the temperature to trade Rush, according to this place must be 1st rounder and player to be named later :)) man put him on the block NOW:popcorn:

Last edited:

jaythecowboy

Reaction score
That's how the rules are written. Gonna get hit with something which I never have really agreed with. If both sides decide to part ways, you would think the league would look at it as simply erasing what was on the books (or at least the vast majority). But they don't.

They can restructure the contract but that would involve Dak giving back a bunch of money and he has no reason to do that.

youngjerryjones

Reaction score
Sure he has a NTC but if we elect to keep him benched he will want it waived by the trade deadline and go to a team in the AFC don’t you think?

HMJYay

Reaction score
OMG you are clueless

really comparing Brock.OS. to Dak and willing to eat 60mil in dead cap money for top 10 qb and get nearly nothing for him dak a topo 10 starter not an overpaid huge in long lien of mistakes by other teams overpaying trash, daks not that..

those that say were were fleeced in thyme Amari trade , this is 100times worse.

Wake up!!!!!!!!!!! smell the hype train..Coops played well, hes not dak and no way you just EAT 50-80million or any part of that to get rid of a true starting franchise QB.. unless the other team eats alkl of the deal and give us what Denver gave Seatle for Russ.,that what daks worth yes it is not debatable look at RW now..not only did they trade for him gave him more money and a new deal..

Daks deal is far less then that, daks playing far better then most give him credit for,

The irony is Rush is Osweiler type ie overrated due to team play ie matt castle and others, another team willing to pay Rish and give him starting money knowing all they will get is maybe Andy Dalton type play, well that where the mistake will be,

how about this, TRADE RUSH, lets see what hes actually worth in the eyes of the league, you know the ones that didn't pluck him for free of free Practice squad 75times the last 5 years LOL the teams like NY who signed him and cut him..man who knew they cut tom brady..:muttley::huh:

lets go check the temperature to trade Rush, according to this place must be 1st rounder and player to be named later :)) man put him on the block NOW:popcorn:

You must not have actually read my post as I flat out said I don't think Rush is the answer either. But, Dak has proven he's not. I may give him less credit then he deserves, but if so, you give him more then he deserves. I also never said Dak is Oswieler. I said the trade would have be like that one, because a team would have eat the cap hit and they aren't going to give a premium pick and eat the cap hit. It sounds like your'e thinking with emotion and calling me clueless when I'm thinking objectively.

HMJYay

Reaction score
Sure he has a NTC but if we elect to keep him benched he will want it waived by the trade deadline and go to a team in the AFC don’t you think?

I agree. I think benching him would have him waive it as well. And I personally wouldn't care if the team were in the NFC. Unless he goes a really good team, which he wouldn't because they already have QB's he's not going to be a threat anyway.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Dak watching rush these last few games and the pocket movement plus the game plan might have helped daks mental game....have to hope he's been watching film and going through the study.

We all might be surprised with what we see when he comes back

Yah, Im sure he is really taking notes on that 21 point per game offense Rush is floating. Dak and his 31 point per game offense should take some notes. :lmao2:

jaythecowboy

Reaction score
You must not have actually read my post as I flat out said I don't think Rush is the answer either. But, Dak has proven he's not. I may give him less credit then he deserves, but if so, you give him more then he deserves. I also never said Dak is Oswieler. I said the trade would have be like that one, because a team would have eat the cap hit and they aren't going to give a premium pick and eat the cap hit. It sounds like your'e thinking with emotion and calling me clueless when I'm thinking objectively.

Even if they found a team willing to take on more of the cap Dak also has to approve the trade. Dak has no reason to approve a trade that makes him look like a horrible qb. He's better off calling their bluff and make the Cowboys sit him or cut him.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Dak has not must have not READ MINE