I have soured on Surtain

HanD

Reaction score
hes being overlooked. At first he was ranked in the top 10...so not sure what happened. IMO..he is just as good as Farley and Surtain. Not much separates them. If I was forced to choose between them, I still might go Surtain..because of his large body of work where he dominated. Cannot ignore the fact he shut down his man game in,game out.
i love his attitude and confidence. he's a bit hands on but very good also and isn't too far behind the top two imo.

Rayman70

Reaction score
CB Benjamin St. Juste BTW..from the Minnesota Golden Gophers is also sneaky good and being overlooked. He could be drafted early round 2 if a team falls in love with him. Go watch his game tape..he's very good and a ball hawk. He's not afraid to play sticky and go get the ball.

Rayman70

Reaction score
i love his attitude and confidence. he's a bit hands on but very good also and isn't too far behind the top two imo.
agree..and his game translates well to the nfl where you must play that style that he plays to win your battles. I like that he's physical. Tampa's db's play that way and look what happened. Physicality always wins over speed IMO. Speed is nice, but the other is better.

Rayman70

Reaction score
I think Surtain benefited from having a great front 7...
true, but he is a stand alone talent. Not gonna penalize him because he played on a solid defensive team. Not fair to the kid.If you just isolate HIM and watch him on tape...he looks like a pro caliber db..a vet. SLIGHTLY ahead of where Diggs was technique wise.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Evaluating? is that what you call it? Hows Brad Kaaya doing? Hows Byron Jones (ranked one of the worst starters in the league last season doing) you have no shame do you?

The hindsighting / 2nd guesser has a question.

My answer..

Im not perfect.. But.. I’ve tried to explain countless time how liking someone’s game and how it translates to the Pro’s doesn’t mean that they will be a great pro.

I like how Mac Jones game translates better to the pro’s more then any of these guys but he’s still my 5th QB in this class.

It’s football stuff.. You wouldn’t understand..

BrAinPaiNt

Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I like Surtain's knowledge and instincts the best.
I like Farley's athletic ability the best although I find it odd how far off the WR he plays for having such good athletics ability.
I like Horn's attitude and fight.

If I could get a good trade down, I would do it even if it meant Surtain and Farley but getting Horn.

I really do hope that scenario happens.

phildadon86

Reaction score
The hindsighting / 2nd guesser has a question.

My answer..

Im not perfect.. But.. I’ve tried to explain countless time how liking someone’s game and how it translates to the Pro’s doesn’t mean that they will be a great pro.

I like how Mac Jones game translates better to the pro’s more then any of these guys but he’s still my 5th QB in this class.

It’s football stuff.. You wouldn’t understand..
Yeah because I am the one who doesnt understand football lol. Sure friend.

Rayman70

Reaction score
I like Farley's athletic ability the best although I find it odd how far off the WR he plays for having such good athletics ability.

If I could get a good trade down, I would do it even if it meant Surtain and Farley but getting Horn.

yep, I agree. I have run a bunch of draft simulaitions on the PFF site..and a very high percentage of them have Horn available down in the 20's. Man, if he slides that far, that would be a steal...manna from Heaven for some team. Horn has a belief , and thats much of the battle in the NFL..mentality.Many have the skills that come into the league, but they have "shrinkage" problems..meaning when its go time the mental part goes bye bye. Morris Claiborne was one such player...he had all the tools, traits and had a body of work in coillege that you could trust, BUT when he got to the pro level, he found out that much of the game is mental...and frankly, he sucked at it. He blacked out at times and was awful.I dont get that vibe from Farley,Surtain and Horn..they have that swag factor..a mentality or belief. I would be happy with any of the 3.

Carson

Reaction score

Id love a trade down and grabbing Horn late in the first and then doubling down with his former teammate Mukuamu later

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Id love a trade down and grabbing Horn late in the first and then doubling down with his former teammate Mukuamu later

What do you consider late in the first? Because I don't think Horn makes it past 20.....I expect Farley, Horn and Surtain to all be top 20 picks.

Rayman70

Reaction score
and yet anothet DB no one is talking about.. ASANTE SAMUEL. He is very capable as well. Has anyone seen Horns team mate at South Carolina, the other Db Israel M.? Man...he's pretty damn good too...he's in this draft as well. Someone let me know what you think of him. I watched his tape and he's more of a finesse ball hawking off corner..but isnt afraid to go over and thru the wr to get the ball. Sneaky good player IMO.

Carson

Reaction score
and yet anothet DB no one is talking about.. ASANTE SAMUEL. He is very capable as well. Has anyone seen Horns team mate at South Carolina, the other Db Israel M.? Man...he's pretty damn good too...he's in this draft as well. Someone let me know what you think of him. I watched his tape and he's more of a finesse ball hawking off corner..but isnt afraid to go over and thru the wr to get the ball. Sneaky good player IMO.

I liked his film. I follow SC and before the season he WAS the first round pick instead of Horn.

Rayman70

Reaction score
I liked his film. I follow SC and before the season he WAS the first round pick instead of Horn.
hmm..interesting stuff. Thanks. I can see that. He's really sound, good footwork and instincts..goes after the ball.

JIMMYBUFFETT

Skinwalker
Reaction score
Surtain all day every day for me. I like Farley and Horn too but I've got Surtain in my top 5.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He's a surefire stand up double. You know what you're getting. At least as much as you can in the draft. His bust rate is almost non existent. Sounds good for the bottom half of the first round, not so much the top half.

It would probably be the least inspiring pick we could make at 10.