I haven't watched the NFL Network in months

leeblair

Reaction score
All my life I dreamed of being a Dallas Cowboy. Whether as a player, coach, or even just an assistant, I thought the Dallas Cowboys franchise was the greatest franchise in sports. Even though age and reality took away my dreams, I had hoped that at least the Cowboys would remain great.
But with the way Jerry Jones has shown a total disdain for what the franchise once stood for, the way the NFL has shown their greed and a total lack of respect for real football, it's sickening.
Jerry turned the Cowboys into a circus; he only cared about the attention it brought him, and had no respect for what the Cowboys once stood for. Instead of excellence, Jerry wasted the greatest franchise with his selfish desire for attention. The NFL, meanwhile, has focused on profits, and forgot that the NFL is viewed by children. They have embraced gambling, despite the corruption that introduces into the game. They took on social issues, despite being a sports entity. They imposed their viewpoints on fans, and took their attention off the quality of the game. They set out to achieve parity between teams, and have turned most games into parody.
So, after 13 years of having Jerry pad his grandfatherly image of himself to Jason Garrett and his pet players, and eight years of Dak, it's clear that the Cowboys will never return to being the franchise we grew up loving.
And the NFL is not the league of professionals we once gathered around the television to watch. It's now an entertainment business focused on selling a product that only resembles the professional football we once watched. It's more about storylines and gambling lines than the competition between teams.
Both the Cowboys and the NFL are now entities just wearing the name of a franchise and a league we once loved.
True professionals don't do what we've had shoved down our throats for the past decade or longer.
Older fans know what I'm talking about. Younger fans don't know what made the Cowboys great. All they know is they circus hype sold to them every year.
Just one man's point of view.

Dallas_Cowboys50

Reaction score
I can relate, I'm usually a pretty big draft nerd. I would watch all the "Draft Show" podcasts and do Mock drafts etc. This year I have totally lost interest in all that. I still plan to watch the Draft, but for the first year I can ever remember, I'm not gonna know very much going into it.
The offseason and regular season dont mean much to me anymore, when we all know by now that we're not getting past the Divisional Round. To be fair though, I also took a promotion this past Thanksgiving that put me on 3rd shift, and my quality of life has gone way downhill since, the extra money and title are NOT worth it at all, trying to get my old position back, hopefully soon.

Avenging Hayseed

Interwebs fooseball expert
Reaction score
The packer game just kind of did me in . The straw that broke the camels back. Almost 50 years of watching, listening, reading ANYTHING Cowboys related just POOF,....gone. I rarely ever post here anymore. What a damn shame. Something Ive loved most of my life pretty much gone.

Jipper

Reaction score
I am with all of you, haven't been on ESPN, nfl.com, the main cowboys site or anything other than here since last season...

No clue who has signed who unless something was posted here.

No clue who's doing what in the draft

This is the least I have ever cared

baltcowboy

Reaction score
I watch the Cowboys YouTubers. The problem is some are so pro Dak now that I turn off the channel. I just want one person to just call out the players and owner without an agenda.

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
Agree. I didn’t even realize the draft was next week until just yesterday. The draft coverage I have been loosely following hasn’t been cowboy related at all either. Not sure if I’m truly losing interest in the cowboys or if this is just my internal defense mechanism kicking in so I don’t get set up for the fall once again. Either way it’s a concerning trend for cowboy fans. Typically even during the biggest heartbreak years I’m still back and “all in” come draft time. This year I’m more intrigued about the league as a whole than I care what the cowboys do.

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
The packer game just kind of did me in . The straw that broke the camels back. Almost 50 years of watching, listening, reading ANYTHING Cowboys related just POOF,....gone. I rarely ever post here anymore. What a damn shame. Something Ive loved most of my life pretty much gone.
For me it wasn't even how the GB game played out, it was the players reactions and comments afterwards. They clearly didn't care whether they won or lost, so why should any 'fan' care about them? Why focus on and support a franchise and roster that is only concerned with how much money they can take from your wallet?

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
All my life I dreamed of being a Dallas Cowboy. Whether as a player, coach, or even just an assistant, I thought the Dallas Cowboys franchise was the greatest franchise in sports. Even though age and reality took away my dreams, I had hoped that at least the Cowboys would remain great.
But with the way Jerry Jones has shown a total disdain for what the franchise once stood for, the way the NFL has shown their greed and a total lack of respect for real football, it's sickening.
Jerry turned the Cowboys into a circus; he only cared about the attention it brought him, and had no respect for what the Cowboys once stood for. Instead of excellence, Jerry wasted the greatest franchise with his selfish desire for attention. The NFL, meanwhile, has focused on profits, and forgot that the NFL is viewed by children. They have embraced gambling, despite the corruption that introduces into the game. They took on social issues, despite being a sports entity. They imposed their viewpoints on fans, and took their attention off the quality of the game. They set out to achieve parity between teams, and have turned most games into parody.
So, after 13 years of having Jerry pad his grandfatherly image of himself to Jason Garrett and his pet players, and eight years of Dak, it's clear that the Cowboys will never return to being the franchise we grew up loving.
And the NFL is not the league of professionals we once gathered around the television to watch. It's now an entertainment business focused on selling a product that only resembles the professional football we once watched. It's more about storylines and gambling lines than the competition between teams.
Both the Cowboys and the NFL are now entities just wearing the name of a franchise and a league we once loved.
True professionals don't do what we've had shoved down our throats for the past decade or longer.
Older fans know what I'm talking about. Younger fans don't know what made the Cowboys great. All they know is they circus hype sold to them every year.
now you get it. been saying it for quite a few years. with cowboys its not about wins/championships, its about franchise value, jersey sales, publicity.

NFL is about money, more so today than they ever were. and Jerry jones played a big hand in it, and made it all about profits.

fivetwos

Reaction score
Not sure that you chose an accurate headline for what you’re saying, but excellent post.

It almost doesn’t even feel like football anymore. Is what it is though, but much more often I’m telling myself that I had my day and it’s now over.

Dallas won’t be able to compete on the field in todays NFL with this marketing oriented front office.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
I can relate, I'm usually a pretty big draft nerd. I would watch all the "Draft Show" podcasts and do Mock drafts etc. This year I have totally lost interest in all that. I still plan to watch the Draft, but for the first year I can ever remember, I'm not gonna know very much going into it.
The offseason and regular season dont mean much to me anymore, when we all know by now that we're not getting past the Divisional Round. To be fair though, I also took a promotion this past Thanksgiving that put me on 3rd shift, and my quality of life has gone way downhill since, the extra money and title are NOT worth it at all, trying to get my old position back, hopefully soon.
It used to upset my stomach, I didn't want to talk to anyone etc etc when we didn't win games, it's like now you expect us to not be successful. We can have the match up against a team that's 0-6 and still come out flat/and lose the game. Then on top of that management seems to not care as long as the team is bringing in money

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
I haven't watched the NFL network in 10 years, lol what's the point of it anyways it's boring/BSPN either to be honest

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Dang, this is very important for some of you....not saying that's bad, but when you put all your eggs into one basket, this will happen. Me, personally, I love the game and I watch NFL Network each morning, since I retired....I watch football games, no matter the teams. That said, yes, the Cowboys are my favorite team and they have disappointed since the 90's, but that's not taking anything away from the game in general.

Nova

Ntegrase96
Reaction score
My enthusiasm for the Cowboys is in the toilet, but I'm not letting them ruin my love for football and the draft.

I decided last month that I would follow a couple other teams' journeys. Chargers, Texans, Bears, Ravens.

It's been fun assessing their needs, draft history, etc.

NotForLong

Reaction score
I watch the Cowboys YouTubers. The problem is some are so pro Dak now that I turn off the channel. I just want one person to just call out the players and owner without an agenda.
I haven't watched them in years. I actually blame them for all the Dak Delusion his whole career. They have always been pro Dak and many of their "Arguments" over the years have been parroted here