I haven't watched the NFL Network in months

DUO_CORE

Reaction score
I scrolled through earlier today and they were replaying Cowboyss Vikings from 1998. I think that was a painful one with Randy Moss going off on us.

ghst187

Reaction score
The packer game just kind of did me in . The straw that broke the camels back. Almost 50 years of watching, listening, reading ANYTHING Cowboys related just POOF,....gone. I rarely ever post here anymore. What a damn shame. Something Ive loved most of my life pretty much gone.
Yep ditto.
I tried not to last season but drank the kool aid only to watch it go down like the Hindenburg. I should’ve known after our debacle of a draft. Then we blow another draft pick trading for Lance. Our recent drafts and horrible contract and personnel management is going to ensure we aren’t very good for years to come despite other teams being able to rebuild/reload in a year or two. But I’ll be watching only from a distance henceforth.

rambo2

Reaction score
All my life I dreamed of being a Dallas Cowboy. Whether as a player, coach, or even just an assistant, I thought the Dallas Cowboys franchise was the greatest franchise in sports. Even though age and reality took away my dreams, I had hoped that at least the Cowboys would remain great.
But with the way Jerry Jones has shown a total disdain for what the franchise once stood for, the way the NFL has shown their greed and a total lack of respect for real football, it's sickening.
Jerry turned the Cowboys into a circus; he only cared about the attention it brought him, and had no respect for what the Cowboys once stood for. Instead of excellence, Jerry wasted the greatest franchise with his selfish desire for attention. The NFL, meanwhile, has focused on profits, and forgot that the NFL is viewed by children. They have embraced gambling, despite the corruption that introduces into the game. They took on social issues, despite being a sports entity. They imposed their viewpoints on fans, and took their attention off the quality of the game. They set out to achieve parity between teams, and have turned most games into parody.
So, after 13 years of having Jerry pad his grandfatherly image of himself to Jason Garrett and his pet players, and eight years of Dak, it's clear that the Cowboys will never return to being the franchise we grew up loving.
And the NFL is not the league of professionals we once gathered around the television to watch. It's now an entertainment business focused on selling a product that only resembles the professional football we once watched. It's more about storylines and gambling lines than the competition between teams.
Both the Cowboys and the NFL are now entities just wearing the name of a franchise and a league we once loved.
True professionals don't do what we've had shoved down our throats for the past decade or longer.
Older fans know what I'm talking about. Younger fans don't know what made the Cowboys great. All they know is they circus hype sold to them every year.
Just one man's point of view.
Lol

vlad

Reaction score
I’ll be fascinated to see if younger fans turn towards Houston if they continue to have success… cool is cool and CJ is cool and that team might just have swagger that Is appealing.

Young ppl just look at sports differently too. I kind of only check in here out of habit lol and because my mom learned football and became a big fan as a way to connect to my brother and myself.
It’s for her sake i wish we could win one more…But as I’ve said for years with Stephen at the helm in Have little hope

plymkr

Reaction score
All my life I dreamed of being a Dallas Cowboy. Whether as a player, coach, or even just an assistant, I thought the Dallas Cowboys franchise was the greatest franchise in sports. Even though age and reality took away my dreams, I had hoped that at least the Cowboys would remain great.
But with the way Jerry Jones has shown a total disdain for what the franchise once stood for, the way the NFL has shown their greed and a total lack of respect for real football, it's sickening.
Jerry turned the Cowboys into a circus; he only cared about the attention it brought him, and had no respect for what the Cowboys once stood for. Instead of excellence, Jerry wasted the greatest franchise with his selfish desire for attention. The NFL, meanwhile, has focused on profits, and forgot that the NFL is viewed by children. They have embraced gambling, despite the corruption that introduces into the game. They took on social issues, despite being a sports entity. They imposed their viewpoints on fans, and took their attention off the quality of the game. They set out to achieve parity between teams, and have turned most games into parody.
So, after 13 years of having Jerry pad his grandfatherly image of himself to Jason Garrett and his pet players, and eight years of Dak, it's clear that the Cowboys will never return to being the franchise we grew up loving.
And the NFL is not the league of professionals we once gathered around the television to watch. It's now an entertainment business focused on selling a product that only resembles the professional football we once watched. It's more about storylines and gambling lines than the competition between teams.
Both the Cowboys and the NFL are now entities just wearing the name of a franchise and a league we once loved.
True professionals don't do what we've had shoved down our throats for the past decade or longer.
Older fans know what I'm talking about. Younger fans don't know what made the Cowboys great. All they know is they circus hype sold to them every year.
Just one man's point of view.
I feel bad for the younger fans because the Cowboys were once the model of class and professionalism. Now they’re a reality show that uses football as the content. It’s really quite embarrassing. If I didn’t witness the success in the 70’s and the 90’s then I really doubt I’d be a fan. So I guess I respect the younger fans because they’ve hung in there without any results. Us older fans have watched the standard of the NFL become the joke of the NFL and that’s rough. And to quote you, “this is one man’s point of view”. I’m not trying to speak for everyone, just myself. But it’s my point of view.

shabazz

Reaction score
Why? To watch them talk about the egirls and Texans great offseason. Pass!
I get that for some Cowboys fans but if the Cowboys went belly up, most of us would still be avid football watchers.

I can argue that by watching the NFL networks coverage of the best teams is the only opportunity to see well run organizations.......because watching only the Cowboys won't show That.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
I scrolled through earlier today and they were replaying Cowboyss Vikings from 1998. I think that was a painful one with Randy Moss going off on us.
The first of many. And one of the first of many Jerry blunders by not drafting him.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
And yet the other 19 teams that passed on Moss aren't scrutinized.........
Yea but we were the front runner. I remember leading up to the draft, everyone was projecting him as our pick. I know I was livid when we passed on him.

shabazz

Reaction score
Yea but we were the front runner. I remember leading up to the draft, everyone was projecting him as our pick. I know I was livid when we passed on him.
If I remember correctly, the Cowboys told him they would draft him, ( probably like other teams did) but thought better of it later and reneged.

The thing to remember was that the Cowboys had a few players with off the field issues in the news, ( the White house, hooker parties, cocaine use) so taking a player with jail time and failed drug tests was a potential PR nightmare......I understood the logic at the time

DUO_CORE

Reaction score
If I remember correctly, the Cowboys told him they would draft him, ( probably like other teams did) but thought better of it later and reneged.

The thing to remember was that the Cowboys had a few players with off the field issues in the news, ( the White house, hooker parties, cocaine use) so taking a player with jail time and failed drug tests was a potential PR nightmare......I understood the logic at the time
Plus you wonder if the atmosphere in Dallas post Jimmy J would have been able to handle A Randy Moss at that time.

shabazz

Reaction score
Plus you wonder if the atmosphere in Dallas post Jimmy J would have been able to handle A Randy Moss at that time.
Yup.....one can only imagine a Barry Switzer type trying to keep Moss out of trouble, .....they'd both need keepers, lol

silver

Reaction score
It sure looks like a lot of us are in the same boat: disillusioned.
It's been several seasons for me where I don't expect anything and just hope I'll be pleasantly surprised. This season it just seems off by all accounts. Seems a lot of us if not all of us, don't care anymore.

FLWarpigrpig

Reaction score
As I have posted in the past....

I have taken entire years away from watching anything NFL related and didnt miss it at all. When my kids were young it freed up a ton of time for them and special memories. Usually by week 6 the league angers me enough to throw in the towel for the year. As betting became more prominent the league has responded with more judgement rules/penalties and confusion.

Ex.. What exactly is a catch? Growing up we all knew what it was. Don't say Football Move as that is completely subjective to the officials.

Rayman70

Reaction score
I watch the Cowboys YouTubers. The problem is some are so pro Dak now that I turn off the channel. I just want one person to just call out the players and owner without an agenda.
I know who you are talking about. I can think of 2 .

Big_D

Reaction score
I don't have the NFL Network cause my cable company sucks but I did I cancel my Sunday Ticket which I've had for 30 years. I usually go to the Cowboy/Giant game.. done with that too. Management is nothing more than a joke here.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
I know who you are talking about. I can think of 2 .
Locked on Cowboys is pretty good. The host was on a podcast with another YouTuber and said he can’t get that Green Bay loss out of his head. The Cowboys had the number 2 seed and two home playoff games with a win. Someone has to pay for that loss. The whole team was terrible but Dak seemed to really breakdown. You can’t just give him a big extension after that mess. I said that maybe the Joneses are like nobody is getting any money until you give me playoff success. I can’t blame them for feeling that way.