I haven't watched the NFL Network in months

NotForLong

Reaction score
My enthusiasm for the Cowboys is in the toilet, but I'm not letting them ruin my love for football and the draft.

I decided last month that I would follow a couple other teams' journeys. Chargers, Texans, Bears, Ravens.

It's been fun assessing their needs, draft history, etc.
Cool. That sounds like fun

NotForLong

Reaction score
Not sure that you chose an accurate headline for what you’re saying, but excellent post.

It almost doesn’t even feel like football anymore. Is what it is though, but much more often I’m telling myself that I had my day and it’s now over.

Dallas won’t be able to compete on the field in todays NFL with this marketing oriented front office.
Gambling causes Scripts to play put in the Entertainment Industry. No one would Gamble on a Soap Opera or a Sit Com

morat1959

Reaction score
All my life I dreamed of being a Dallas Cowboy. Whether as a player, coach, or even just an assistant, I thought the Dallas Cowboys franchise was the greatest franchise in sports. Even though age and reality took away my dreams, I had hoped that at least the Cowboys would remain great.
But with the way Jerry Jones has shown a total disdain for what the franchise once stood for, the way the NFL has shown their greed and a total lack of respect for real football, it's sickening.
Jerry turned the Cowboys into a circus; he only cared about the attention it brought him, and had no respect for what the Cowboys once stood for. Instead of excellence, Jerry wasted the greatest franchise with his selfish desire for attention. The NFL, meanwhile, has focused on profits, and forgot that the NFL is viewed by children. They have embraced gambling, despite the corruption that introduces into the game. They took on social issues, despite being a sports entity. They imposed their viewpoints on fans, and took their attention off the quality of the game. They set out to achieve parity between teams, and have turned most games into parody.
So, after 13 years of having Jerry pad his grandfatherly image of himself to Jason Garrett and his pet players, and eight years of Dak, it's clear that the Cowboys will never return to being the franchise we grew up loving.
And the NFL is not the league of professionals we once gathered around the television to watch. It's now an entertainment business focused on selling a product that only resembles the professional football we once watched. It's more about storylines and gambling lines than the competition between teams.
Both the Cowboys and the NFL are now entities just wearing the name of a franchise and a league we once loved.
True professionals don't do what we've had shoved down our throats for the past decade or longer.
Older fans know what I'm talking about. Younger fans don't know what made the Cowboys great. All they know is they circus hype sold to them every year.
Just one man's point of view.
Well said! You nailed it!

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The NFL, meanwhile, has focused on profits, and forgot that the NFL is viewed by children. They have embraced gambling, despite the corruption that introduces into the game. They took on social issues, despite being a sports entity. They imposed their viewpoints on fans, and took their attention off the quality of the game. They set out to achieve parity between teams, and have turned most games into parody.
All that happened before the NFL Network was born in 2003.

Rock423

Reaction score
The packer game just kind of did me in . The straw that broke the camels back. Almost 50 years of watching, listening, reading ANYTHING Cowboys related just POOF,....gone. I rarely ever post here anymore. What a damn shame. Something Ive loved most of my life pretty much gone.
Same. It’s like they sucked the fandom out of me.

Creeper

Reaction score
I watch some of the game replays on NFL network. I recently caught a few games highlighting rookie seasons of some players, including Dak and Zeke. The 2016 Cowboys were a better team than the 2023 Cowboys.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
I haven't watched them in years. I actually blame them for all the Dak Delusion his whole career. They have always been pro Dak and many of their "Arguments" over the years have been parroted here
I am a Dak Stan and I think they are ridiculous. Someone needs to call it both ways. Dak is my guy but he is not worth $60 million a season. It probably would be in his best interest to just play out his contract and become a free agent.

fivetwos

Reaction score
Gambling causes Scripts to play put in the Entertainment Industry. No one would Gamble on a Soap Opera or a Sit Com
That runs through my head at times. I choose to stay in denial.

NFL Sundays used to be sacred. As it becomes much more popular it becomes much less likeable, and it’s not a Cowboys thing. Not liking change means only one thing….which I’m also probably in denial over lol.

NotForLong

Reaction score
That runs through my head at times. I choose to stay in denial.

NFL Sundays used to be sacred. As it becomes much more popular it becomes much less likeable, and it’s not a Cowboys thing. Not liking change means only one thing….which I’m also probably in denial over lol.
Same here. The Modern game has been destroyed. I still have an interest but the love is gone

Also as a side note, I believe we as Cowboy Fans suffer the most because we are the largest fan base

I contend that the Cowboys would win the Super Bowl if every Cowboy Fan bet against the Cowboys every game. The Fixers would allow them to win because all the money is against them

Forneymike

Reaction score
All my life I dreamed of being a Dallas Cowboy. Whether as a player, coach, or even just an assistant, I thought the Dallas Cowboys franchise was the greatest franchise in sports. Even though age and reality took away my dreams, I had hoped that at least the Cowboys would remain great.
But with the way Jerry Jones has shown a total disdain for what the franchise once stood for, the way the NFL has shown their greed and a total lack of respect for real football, it's sickening.
Jerry turned the Cowboys into a circus; he only cared about the attention it brought him, and had no respect for what the Cowboys once stood for. Instead of excellence, Jerry wasted the greatest franchise with his selfish desire for attention. The NFL, meanwhile, has focused on profits, and forgot that the NFL is viewed by children. They have embraced gambling, despite the corruption that introduces into the game. They took on social issues, despite being a sports entity. They imposed their viewpoints on fans, and took their attention off the quality of the game. They set out to achieve parity between teams, and have turned most games into parody.
So, after 13 years of having Jerry pad his grandfatherly image of himself to Jason Garrett and his pet players, and eight years of Dak, it's clear that the Cowboys will never return to being the franchise we grew up loving.
And the NFL is not the league of professionals we once gathered around the television to watch. It's now an entertainment business focused on selling a product that only resembles the professional football we once watched. It's more about storylines and gambling lines than the competition between teams.
Both the Cowboys and the NFL are now entities just wearing the name of a franchise and a league we once loved.
True professionals don't do what we've had shoved down our throats for the past decade or longer.
Older fans know what I'm talking about. Younger fans don't know what made the Cowboys great. All they know is they circus hype sold to them every year.
Just one man's point of view.
I understand...all of you who hate the team and the NFL should leave and go find a nice hobby that doesn't cause you any stress and find some peace in your life. Constant negativity is not a great thing for your mental health so I'm hoping you can go and find something that will eventually make you happy because complaining about your unhappiness on this board will not help your mental health. Jerry isn't going away or his family and Roger Godell isn't going away either so things will probably remain the same for a very long time. Take a class, hunt, golf do something to stay away from all of this. Please

tyke1doe

Reaction score
This is the first time in years I haven't really kept up with the draft or Cowboys news. I'm just not as interested as I was.
Don't know if the enthusiasm will return, but, right now, I'm just "Blah!"

shabazz

Reaction score
Dang, this is very important for some of you....not saying that's bad, but when you put all your eggs into one basket, this will happen. Me, personally, I love the game and I watch NFL Network each morning, since I retired....I watch football games, no matter the teams. That said, yes, the Cowboys are my favorite team and they have disappointed since the 90's, but that's not taking anything away from the game in general.
Agree 100%. I watch NFL Network, Fox Sports and even BSPN because it's just the easiest way to keep up with the NFL

For me the game is much bigger than the Cowboys winning Lombardis.