I haven't watched the NFL Network in months

Rayman70

Reaction score
the content creators are split 50/50 on Dak but they agree on 1 thing, the GM is a mess. We have about 20% of those content creators on YT who kiss the rear end of Dak and all things Dallas...as if, how dare we question them lol. I have about 2-3 I like. But the fluff and puff guys I just can't watch anymore. Too much hype and propaganda, with no substance.

rambo2

Reaction score
All my life I dreamed of being a Dallas Cowboy. Whether as a player, coach, or even just an assistant, I thought the Dallas Cowboys franchise was the greatest franchise in sports. Even though age and reality took away my dreams, I had hoped that at least the Cowboys would remain great.
But with the way Jerry Jones has shown a total disdain for what the franchise once stood for, the way the NFL has shown their greed and a total lack of respect for real football, it's sickening.
Jerry turned the Cowboys into a circus; he only cared about the attention it brought him, and had no respect for what the Cowboys once stood for. Instead of excellence, Jerry wasted the greatest franchise with his selfish desire for attention. The NFL, meanwhile, has focused on profits, and forgot that the NFL is viewed by children. They have embraced gambling, despite the corruption that introduces into the game. They took on social issues, despite being a sports entity. They imposed their viewpoints on fans, and took their attention off the quality of the game. They set out to achieve parity between teams, and have turned most games into parody.
So, after 13 years of having Jerry pad his grandfatherly image of himself to Jason Garrett and his pet players, and eight years of Dak, it's clear that the Cowboys will never return to being the franchise we grew up loving.
And the NFL is not the league of professionals we once gathered around the television to watch. It's now an entertainment business focused on selling a product that only resembles the professional football we once watched. It's more about storylines and gambling lines than the competition between teams.
Both the Cowboys and the NFL are now entities just wearing the name of a franchise and a league we once loved.
True professionals don't do what we've had shoved down our throats for the past decade or longer.
Older fans know what I'm talking about. Younger fans don't know what made the Cowboys great. All they know is they circus hype sold to them every year.
Just one man's point of view.
You don't watch NFL Network. I bet you watch Skip and Stephen A Smith. I get the feeling that that is the type of programming that you would watch.

stinkface

Reaction score
I'm curious, what does a guy like you watch?
I don't watch either of those two either. I find both annoying. I do watch NFL network from time to time. Watch it more during the season. I have gotten really ticked off on all the gambling going on and fully condoned by the league. NFL + is another money making scheme. Greed is the worst thing in the NFL currently. Not the game it was and I am not talking about attempting to make the game safer for players.

rambo2

Reaction score
I don't watch either of those two either. I find both annoying. I do watch NFL network from time to time. Watch it more during the season. I have gotten really ticked off on all the gambling going on and fully condoned by the league. NFL + is another money making scheme. Greed is the worst thing in the NFL currently. Not the game it was and I am not talking about attempting to make the game safer for players.
It's a deadly sport and always has been.

Deep_South

Reaction score
I'll be watching the draft, while hoping the Deadskins or the Giants don't end up with Drake Maye.

morat1959

Reaction score
I’ve tuned out all the NFL except the Cowboys games for years. Only one step left, Dak under center to start the season is the final straw. I’ll tune back in if a light pole starts ahead of him.

stiletto

Reaction score
There's no need for NFL network. Too many "free" resources for NFL news on YouTube and the like. I don't really know why anyone pays for cable anymore. All those companies/channels are eventually going to have to change their model to keep people employed.

DenCWBY

Reaction score
My enthusiasm for the Cowboys is in the toilet, but I'm not letting them ruin my love for football and the draft.

I decided last month that I would follow a couple other teams' journeys. Chargers, Texans, Bears, Ravens.

It's been fun assessing their needs, draft history, etc.
This!! I'm a fan of elite team football play. I love to root for an impenetrable defense, (85 bears) or near perfect (the 2007 Pats) team playing and coaching a near perfect season. More than that, I appreciate witnessing a poor struggling organization, eventually coming out of the depths of despair under the hands of a hard-working, efficient front office decisions, building an amazingly competitive team using game knowledge resourcefulness and hard work to get there.
The DC organization is lazy, ignorant, predictable and totally unmotivated to win. The Jones have sealed their fate with a demented, egotistical old man whose billons can't buy him the one thing he needs to be complete. He's held the fans hostage for way too long and at this point, it's almost more of a pleasure to see him go out a loser.

TequilaCowboy

Reaction score
Don't really watch much if any, sport shows including NFL Network....and not at all in the off season. You get enough of the feedback from those shows here on CZ. I was really into it in the Jimmy days, absorbing all i could on the Cowboys from all the damm networks which were less than now. Now it is just overkill. And worse when you are just hanging round the rim these days. Thank you Jerry. :thumbup:

Hardline

Reaction score
My football love is the Texas Longhorns and TCU Horned Frogs.
If the Cowboys disappeared off the face of the earth tomorrow I wouldn't shed a tear.