I Like Beer A Lot

Status
Not open for further replies.

FineFan

Reaction score
I have a crazy story about me working for an advertising agency... 15 years ago, in Los Angeles.
It was 3 people. Myself and 2 former super models. I'm not joking. We, along with our boss, who I never physically saw so I called us Charlie's Angels formed Argosy Media.
I had to learn Japanese just so I could make a pitch to Pepsi! Did you know that Pepsi is Japanese run? I didn't until then.

Anyways, we worked on the Miracle Mile, just a couple blocks from the La Brea Tarpits on Wilcox? Woodward? It was a W street. I'm sure you know.
Our building held the Jewish Consulate and everybody had to have security clearance just to get in the damn thing.
Just down the street from the Grove.

Our building was right next to the Hustler building, which had an Ashley Furniture store on the 1st floor, which I thought was the most hilarious thing...

Our job was equal parts stress and hard work and long down-times where we would goof a lot, like ordering illegal Absinthe and getting totally *****, in the middle of a Wednesday.
One of the girls was dating an OL from the Raiders and he would visit. It was like looking at the most giant two legged turtle you could ever imagine. I couldn't recall his name if you put a gun to my head. I was off the rails back then.

Well!!! My Point:

The girls hired a Life Coach to come every Friday and that's how we'd end our week.

There we were... decent week... doing work and there he is, teaching us meditations and goal pursuits and a shadow goes FLOOMP down the window of our office.
We all stop. What the hell was that?
We all went to the window and looked down (we were on the 14th floor)...

A Hustler model decided to commit suicide by jumping off their roof. We saw it. We saw her go by our window. We saw her body. I had to drive by her fluid-stain, after the place was cordoned and investigated, and it was there for months.

We took a month, paid, off. I stayed there for a bit longer and decided to quit, as my aspirations were actually coming to fruition.

Totally cray. Brought out feelings and empathy that I didn't realize were so intense in me.

Poor girl. Poor, poor girl.

Interesting story. I agree poor girl!

dallasdave

Reaction score
I have a crazy story about me working for an advertising agency... 15 years ago, in Los Angeles.
It was 3 people. Myself and 2 former super models. I'm not joking. We, along with our boss, who I never physically saw so I called us Charlie's Angels formed Argosy Media.
I had to learn Japanese just so I could make a pitch to Pepsi! Did you know that Pepsi is Japanese run? I didn't until then.

Anyways, we worked on the Miracle Mile, just a couple blocks from the La Brea Tarpits on Wilcox? Woodward? It was a W street. I'm sure you know.
Our building held the Jewish Consulate and everybody had to have security clearance just to get in the damn thing.

Our building was right next to the Hustler building, which had an Ashley Furniture store on the 1st floor, which I thought was the most hilarious thing...

Our job was equal parts stress and hard work and long down-times where we would goof a lot, like ordering illegal Absinthe and getting totally *****, in the middle of a Wednesday.
One of the girls was dating an OL from the Raiders and he would visit. It was like looking at the most giant two legged turtle you could ever imagine. I couldn't recall his name if you put a gun to my head. I was off the rails back then.

Well!!! My Point:

The girls hired a Life Coach to come every Friday and that's how we'd end our week.

There we were... decent week... doing work and there he is, teaching us meditations and goal pursuits and a shadow goes FLOOMP down the window of our office.

A Hustler model decided to commit suicide by jumping off their roof. We saw it. We saw her go by our window. We saw her body. I had to drive by her fluid-stain, after the place was cordoned and investigated, and it was there for months.

We took a month, paid, off. I stayed there for a bit longer and decided to quit, as my aspirations were actually coming to fruition.

Totally cray. Brought out feelings and empathy that I didn't realize were so intense in me.

Hustler building----How many hours did you spend there each day ??????????????????:eek:

FineFan

Reaction score
Oh my dear new friend, I am so very sorry to hear about the loss of your wife. Absolutely horrific. In the same sentence it put a smile on my face to hear about your companion, Meow-Meow. I love the name. There are many fans in here who have kitty cats as a member of their family. That's what keeps the cat thread thriving.

Glad your doing well and most of all, glad your here among new friends at @Trouty s Tavern. Thank you for sharing. Too bad you live all the way down there in Texas.;)

Thank you , you're very kind!:)

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
You would think after making and delivering pizza all day, I would be sick of it by now.... Strange thing is I still eat it twice a week... lol

Thanks dear. Next time try virtual beers or shots.... Just a suggestion.... lol
Lol. You got it honey.
7ywe.gif

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score

Well!!! My Point:

:(

Status
Not open for further replies.