I Like Beer A Lot

Status
Not open for further replies.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Once we get closer to the action of preseason (Oxnard @ end of July, etc), and have some fresh news to discuss, I'm gonna get to posting in there frequently. I usually post less there during the offseason, unless it's something that's stuck in my craw. This has been a pretty uneventful offseason for the Boys. But the new members have largely kept the Fan Zone running like a well-oiled machine. It was always slow this time of the year, but it hasn't really missed a beat with the influx of folks from the site that was shut down. Good for CZ, too, but there's also a **** ton of redundant topics and posters (new and old members, alike) waiting to argue their silly points to whomever decides to bite.

I'll be their huckleberry once we get some real news coming in :)
There was a group of us on the old site that just waited until the season was over to really get into it. There is just so much one can say about the game or team without the redundancy setting in even in the season.

We really kicked it into the gear when some would not let the "catch/no catch" thing go after the GB loss. That was almost as bad as the debate about Elliott's guilt or innocence from a bunch of people with no evidence. We got outside the box within the actual football forum to combat that drivel.

The outside the football forums over there were not as busy as they are here with a thread like this and Fireside Chat, Morning Pops and all the others that spring up on an ongoing basis. Posters here want the interaction and more on a personal level and I dig the hell out of that.

There are those that come to talk football here just like over there and consider the rest nonsense or superfluous and one actually called those the "nothing threads" a couple of days ago and I suggest it is just the opposite, the football threads are nothing because only football gets discussed and most that evolves into arguing, not debating. These nonsense threads allow us to get to know each other beyond just knowing the other is a Cowboys fan. Sooooooo much more in common than that when we are allowed to interact beyond just the team.

Trouty, sorry about what you've been going through with your teeth. That's a long time to put up with that and nerve pain in the mouth is second only to a kidney stone, so I am told. When you get off those meds, sip a little whiskey to keep those sockets "wet". Damned if I am not going to as a preventative. "C'mon CC, take your medicine. An ounce or several of prevention is worth a kilo of cure".

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
There was a group of us on the old site that just waited until the season was over to really get into it. There is just so much one can say about the game or team without the redundancy setting in even in the season.

We really kicked it into the gear when some would not let the "catch/no catch" thing go after the GB loss. That was almost as bad as the debate about Elliott's guilt or innocence from a bunch of people with no evidence. We got outside the box within the actual football forum to combat that drivel.

The outside the football forums over there were not as busy as they are here with a thread like this and Fireside Chat, Morning Pops and all the others that spring up on an ongoing basis. Posters here want the interaction and more on a personal level and I dig the hell out of that.

There are those that come to talk football here just like over there and consider the rest nonsense or superfluous and one actually called those the "nothing threads" a couple of days ago and I suggest it is just the opposite, the football threads are nothing because only football gets discussed and most that evolves into arguing, not debating. These nonsense threads allow us to get to know each other beyond just knowing the other is a Cowboys fan. Sooooooo much more in common than that when we are allowed to interact beyond just the team.

Trouty, sorry about what you've been going through with your teeth. That's a long time to put up with that and nerve pain in the mouth is second only to a kidney stone, so I am told. When you get off those meds, sip a little whiskey to keep those sockets "wet". Damned if I am not going to as a preventative. "C'mon CC, take your medicine. An ounce or several of prevention is worth a kilo of cure".
Good stuff, CC, and thanks for the advice in that last paragraph :)

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
I'm all hopped up on Norco right now at 3:32am. Took 8 of the 11 (1ea for 11 days) they gave me today just to get high, mostly. I wont ask for more, so 's'all good :dance::dance::dance:

Wish I coulda had a nice glass or three of wine with it. :D
Ah!,,,you should've called/ texted me,I woke up at 3A.M. and went to the corner store for a couple packs of weeds,a bag of hostess mini-doughnuts& a big cold bottle of clamato,,,:thumbup:

Feeling pretty good,as I've weed eater the yard,hung some clothes up out to dry, castrated a rattlesnake I found curled up snoozing under the model A & ate 3 wasps as they flew past while manning the weed eatero_O

SALUD:starspin:

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
Ah!,,,you should've called/ texted me,I woke up at 3A.M. and went to the corner store for a couple packs of weeds,a bag of hostess mini-doughnuts& a big cold bottle of clamato,,,:thumbup:

Feeling pretty good,as I've weed eater the yard,hung some clothes up out to dry, castrated a rattlesnake I found curled up snoozing under the model A & ate 3 wasps as they flew past while manning the weed eatero_O

SALUD:starspin:
Wait wait wait, W... you found a rattle snake today? What breed, amigo? You're in AZ so I imagine diamondback or Mojave green. Can you post some pics please? Boxer used to always post pics of his fer-de-lances. Pleeeeeeeeaaaaasssseeeee, my buddy

And SALUD backatcha, Mel :star::starspin:

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
Not too worried about not having that guy who led the league in dropped passes. I am however concerned about not having the most consistent go to player for our qb's for all those years. Plus I'm going to miss that smile & dimples. Ugh, what's a lady to do.:(

P.S- I was at the game last nite. Probably why my Phillies won.:muttley:
Did you enjoy yourself last night, DBZ? Any good concourse food? Where did you sit in the park? Isn't it wonderful catching an early summer evening game, Sis! Going to a few more in the next couple months, myself... and note to self: stop forgetting the sun screen! Only time I "remember" to bring it is when my son's mom packs it LOL

Then hockey season starts and we'll be doing our 4-5 game treks to Staples Center. :)

Melonfeud

Reaction score
Wait wait wait, W... you found a rattle snake today? What breed? Your in AZ so I imagine diamondback or Mojave green. Can you post some pics please? Boxer used to always post pics of his fer-de-lances. Pleeeeeeeeaaaaasssseeeee, my buddy
No can do Scrabble solver,,,as that would entail at great effort on my part in removal of the taped I've masterfully installed over the lens on my camera phoneo_O

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
Hey hope all that dental work is doing ok Trouty :thumbup:
Thanks, Captain! It seems to be moving along rather well. Scheduled up some follow up appointments with my main office today, so that we can finally get back to my routine appointments. I don't like this whole dental circuit I've been on. I've never had dental issues before the chipped tooth a few months ago, and I want it to go back to that way!! :D

Melonfeud

Reaction score
CowboysZone joins the makers of Budweiser, Coors Light, Corona, Dos Equis, Guinness, Heineken, Miller Lite, Pabst and Rolling Rock to ask all of our members to...

...please post responsibility.
:)

~runs from thread laughing hysterically at own bad joke~
:lmao::lmao2::lmao:

Man, I snagged a 12 pack of rolling rock beer from Walgreen's this afternoon while making my 1/2 gallon Jim Beam run:lmao2:

* I wanna thank you,as I've just cracked into my 3rd frosty cold green bottle & it's better than I remember:thumbup:

LocimusPrime

Reaction score
I'm still nice with my cook gang. Look mainnnn it's a hood thang that's why I'm loved in Houston. I handle mine like a real player should and if i do some time homie I'm still all good

LocimusPrime

Reaction score
What's up beer homies. Hope everyone is doing well. Just got back from the gym and about to go out for some drinks and socialization. Everyone be safe out there

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
Damn troutzz sorry to hear that bro. Sad to say there's gonna be some like that no matter where you go. Some peeps aren't civilized and have no empathy

I try to be nice to everyone only to find out that some peeps are just sorry mfkers. Some don't like their lives so they try to bring others down. Some are just haters man
my bro, that's what it is. get your money at the gym, my brudda

dallasdave

Reaction score
Damn troutzz sorry to hear that bro. Sad to say there's gonna be some like that no matter where you go. Some peeps aren't civilized and have no empathy

I try to be nice to everyone only to find out that some peeps are just sorry mfkers. Some don't like their lives so they try to bring others down. Some are just haters man
Well said Prime Time too many haters, and the thing is the haters never get punished:mad:---Well we got Trouty's back--haters beware.:hammer:

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Hey @Trouty what's up? I'm sitting in my truck at a bank parking lot. I loan a friend 5k on Monday and he says he's gonna pay me today . He's 15 minutes late. Lol

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
Hey @Trouty what's up? I'm sitting in my truck at a bank parking lot. I loan a friend 5k on Monday and he says he's gonna pay me today . He's 15 minutes late. Lol
You better hope he shows up luv.
snickering.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.