I Like Beer A Lot

Status
Not open for further replies.

maxdogg

Reaction score
Of course, brother. If you had mentioned it in here when Jack first passed, my apologies for missing the news, K. Again, very sorry for your loss. 13 years is a long time and I'm sure your loss hit like a semi-truck. My prayers and heart goes out to you, however belated this is, my boi.
I didn't mention it bit I put a song in the music thread.
This one...

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I didn't mention it bit I put a song in the music thread.
This one...

One of the worst days of my life when I had to put my boy, Duncan down. I still keep his collar on a shelf below his picture, and that was about 6 years ago.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
One of the worst days of my life when I had to put my boy, Duncan down. I still keep his collar on a shelf below his picture, and that was about 6 years ago.
Mmm... My boy Mugs. 14 years old and already on medication for hip dysplasia. He's on borrowed time.
When he goes... Man.
He was there when my father passed. He was there when my mother passed. He was there through my divorce.
He's been there for a third of my life. I found him at the Animal Shelter in Austin (on the river) on Christmas Eve.

When he goes... oh man. I'll be crying on your shoulder, for sure.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Mmm... My boy Mugs. 14 years old and already on medication for hip dysplasia. He's on borrowed time.
When he goes... Man.
He was there when my father passed. He was there when my mother passed. He was there through my divorce.
He's been there for a third of my life. I found him at the Animal Shelter in Austin (on the river) on Christmas Eve.

We'll all be here.

Funny thing, he hated going to the vet. He'd pace around the whole time we were there. But the day I brought him in to put him to sleep, he was ready. He lied on the floor with a peaceful look, and when the doctor put the needle in, he gave me a kiss goodbye and put his head down and went to sleep.

******, now I'm tearing up. Goodnight folks, time for bed. Gotta get up at 2:30 and drive to NYC.

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I think you guys are right. Those are most likely King Cobras. Boas tend to be darker and have patterns on their skin. Wow. Nutjob

They aren't boas but I am not convinced they are cobras either. We need an investigation into this because Dex needs to know! :laugh:

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
We'll all be here.

Funny thing, he hated going to the vet. He'd pace around the whole time we were there. But the day I brought him in to put him to sleep, he was ready. He lied on the floor with a peaceful look, and when the doctor put the needle in, he gave me a kiss goodbye and put his head down and went to sleep.

******, now I'm tearing up. Goodnight folks, time for bed. Gotta get up at 2:30 and drive to NYC.

Gah, I hate sad pet stories :(

Been through it a few times myself, we got another one, Jack, closing in on that too. He has heart failure on three types of meds twice daily. He is my wifes baby and this will destroy her :thumbdown:

Hopefully, we get another year or two......

Corso

Reaction score
We'll all be here.

Aw man... Good night my good friend.

Corso

Reaction score
Gah, I hate sad pet stories :(

Been through it a few times myself, we got another one, Jack, closing in on that too. He has heart failure on three types of meds twice daily. He is my wifes baby and this will destroy her :thumbdown:

Hopefully, we get another year or two......
Crazy how we do this, yeah? And what do we do? Go and get another bubbah. I know I will...

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Crazy how we do this, yeah? And what do we do? Go and get another bubbah. I know I will...

Yea but it really is the best medicine in the long run. I usually wait half a year or so before finding my new family member.

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
We'll all be here.

Ah, dang. Runny. Dang, man.

Goodnight, man. Sweet and peaceful dreams to you, brother.

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
When he goes... Man.

:(

You guys are pulling at my heart strings with your furry animal, family stories.

Corso

Reaction score
How the heck are you doing this evening, Cors? Hope all is well, brother
Doing quite well! Thank you!
I finally convinced my writing partner to see things my way on this new project we're working on...
He's actually all-in now.

This will be a little bit of a challenge, but I have strong feelings towards it's competence.

We have a new writer who's going to show herself out tomorrow.
She's an army veteran with PTSD and she's a lesbian with a story to tell.

She was in Afghanistan. I can't wait to see what she's written.
She's scared as a deer in the headlights, but I eased her trepidation; She has a story. It's real and true.
We'll take care of her.

We'll see how it goes.

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
FineFan, if you do check in here anytime soon, you'll see many stories of folks that are going through -- or recently went through -- similar trying times. It's so much easier to talk about it, man.

There was something about your last post that left me unsettled. And maybe it's me looking too much into things. I really want you to check back in with us, friend @FineFan

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
Doing quite well! Thank you!
I finally convinced my writing partner to see things my way on this new project we're working on...
He's actually all-in now.

This will be a little bit of a challenge, but I have strong feelings towards it's competence.

We have a new writer who's going to show herself out tomorrow.
She's an army veteran with PTSD and she's a lesbian with a story to tell.

She was in Afghanistan. I can't wait to see what she's written.
She's scared as a deer in the headlights, but I eased her trepidation; She has a story. It's real and true.
We'll take care of her.

We'll see how it goes.
Well hell ******* WOOT, bro! I hope nothing but the best for you my bro. And good on you for working with an LGBT Army vet, my bro. Cors, love you dude. I am so sorry if I got carried away in that nonsense movie thread yesterday.

You have a glorious mind, and deep mind... we all can hope to encompass and devour the world as you do, amigo. If my posts to you in that thread came off as adversarial, I sincerely apologize, from the bottom of my heart. I adore you here, El Duderino

Corso

Reaction score
FineFan, if you do check in here anytime soon, you'll see many stories of folks that are going through -- or recently went through -- similar trying times. It's so much easier to talk about it, man.

There was something about your last post that left me unsettled. And maybe it's me looking too much into things. I really want you to check back in with us, friend @FineFan
He's also going through a surprise divorce, isn't he? It's a conflagration of terrible events.
My heart bleeds for him.

I know this won't help him, but I always did my crazy best work when I was at my lowest. I know writing is not the same as many other jobs, but motivation is motivation.

I hope for his quick return and for us to celebrate his boogie-butt's life, and not lament the little guy's death.

Yes, I call my boyz "boogie-butts".

Corso

Reaction score
Well hell ******* WOOT, bro! I hope nothing but the best for you my bro. And good on you for working with an LGBT Army vet, my bro. Cors, love you dude. I am so sorry if I got carried away in that nonsense movie thread yesterday.

You have a glorious mind, and deep mind... we all can hope to encompass and devour the world as you do, amigo. If my posts to you in that thread came off as adversarial, I sincerely apologize, from the bottom of my heart. I adore you here, El Duderino
Something happened in a movie thread?
Not my concern. Not yours either, as far as the thickness of my skin and whether any offense was taken.
I know how you go. I feel the rhythms...

Arguments and disagreements should never be taken personally. I just fell asleep.

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
He's also going through a surprise divorce, isn't he? It's a conflagration of terrible events.
My heart bleeds for him.

I know this won't help him, but I always did my crazy best work when I was at my lowest. I know writing is not the same as many other jobs, but motivation is motivation

I hope for his quick return and for us to celebrate his boogie-butt's life, and not lament the little guy's death.

Yes, I call my boyz "boogie-butts".
Yeah man, I'm worried for the cat. Not knowing him at all, his last sentence of his post is what scares me. Absolutely co-sign 100% everything you said, my man

Status
Not open for further replies.