I Like Beer A Lot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Good morning handsome. Thank you. The guilt is horrible. I'm so sorry you 2 had to go through the horror with your horse. Animals are so precious and literally steal our hearts. It's Saturday and I just cracked open a Heineken to calm my nerves. Hey, its 5'clock somewhere, right?! !Salud:)
Lol!! I just had a tall margarita for breakfast. Salud!!

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
Oh CC. You're such a kind soul. I can't tell you enough how your words brought so much comfort. I didn't read Rainbow Bridge but instead, watched it on YouTube. I truly believe we will see our beloved pets again. I think why it's not mentioned in the Bible is because it's one of God's surprises when we go home as well.

I wanted to share with you that I did adopt a 9 month old tabby 2 weeks ago from a shelter. He already had a name, Oscar. I felt sad that Cowboy was alone during the day because I KNEW he wasn't feeling well. Oscar in those 2 weeks came to love Cowboy by cleaning his head. But, being a kitten, Oscar often made Cowboy hiss at him because he just wasn't feeling well. Cowboy did however try and play a little with him when he had the energy.

Oscar like Cowboy is such a sweetie. They just KNOW when they are saved from a shelter. Thank you again for your kind words my friend and may I add, I'm so truly sorry for your loss as well of your beloved terrier.

My parents had to put their Cairn Terrier to sleep as well just last year. He was 13. Being he was my mom's love, my dad immediately went out and got her a Boston Terrier. His name is Oscar too lol. They named him being he didn't come from a shelter and he was a puppy. It's time to move on. Now go and post something funny and off the wall like you usually do. :)
Our love for them cannot allow us to let them have a reduced quality of life. Cowboy depended on you to do the right thing even though the pain for you would seem unbearable, it would end his. Your act was the ultimate testament of true love for a pet.

When we lost our Cairn Terriers that we'd had 15 years, I was inconsolable, my heart was broken and I told my wife "no more dogs, I can't do this again". She asked me to reconsider because we had to replace that love. She was right.

If you do not have another pet, I urge you to get one and quickly as it does help accelerate the healing. There is a hole in your heart and your life right now but you can begin filling both. It starts with remembering the times Cowboy brought you comfort, a smile and love. All God's gifts are return to Owner and we can only recall the joy of having them for just a short time when they were ours.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Oh CC. You're such a kind soul. I can't tell you enough how your words brought so much comfort. I didn't read Rainbow Bridge but instead, watched it on YouTube. I truly believe we will see our beloved pets again. I think why it's not mentioned in the Bible is because it's one of God's surprises when we go home as well.

I wanted to share with you that I did adopt a 9 month old tabby 2 weeks ago from a shelter. He already had a name, Oscar. I felt sad that Cowboy was alone during the day because I KNEW he wasn't feeling well. Oscar in those 2 weeks came to love Cowboy by cleaning his head. But, being a kitten, Oscar often made Cowboy hiss at him because he just wasn't feeling well. Cowboy did however try and play a little with him when he had the energy.

Oscar like Cowboy is such a sweetie. They just KNOW when they are saved from a shelter. Thank you again for your kind words my friend and may I add, I'm so truly sorry for your loss as well of your beloved terrier.

My parents had to put their Cairn Terrier to sleep as well just last year. He was 13. Being he was my mom's love, my dad immediately went out and got her a Boston Terrier. His name is Oscar too lol. They named him being he didn't come from a shelter. It's time to move on. Now go and post something funny and off the wall like you usually do. :)
Have you watched the movie, A Dogs Purpose??? Awesome, bring your tissue.

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score

My parents had to put their Cairn Terrier to sleep as well just last year. He was 13. Being he was my mom's love, my dad immediately went out and got her a Boston Terrier. His name is Oscar too lol. They named him being he didn't come from a shelter and he was a puppy. It's time to move on. Now go and post something funny and off the wall like you usually do. :)
They do KNOW it, don't they, M. It's jarring, to the soul, to realize that. Bless you for taking on a shelter kitty, your Oscar, sweetheart.

Coincidence with two Oscar's in the family after two incredible losses? Me thinks not, Sis. :star:

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
The VA, and my therapist, have been pushing me hard for years now to get a service dog. Have the packet, the folks in Florida have been waiting for me, but for my own reasons I wont get into, I refuse to go out there. This thread, in recent days, has me re-thinking that choice. My family wants me to go out there, but I haven't. And the packet has been collecting dust, and my therapist every so often, reminds me that I need to do it. It's very difficult to get approved for this program (k9sforwarriors) (I'm not a "warrior"), and the dogs choose you. It takes a month of getting to know and acquainted with the pup that chooses you (literally), before you go home with your service dog... it's a very personal connection.

Maybe one day closer, now...

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
And I think talking about the grieving process like you are doing helps too, Sis. A wonderful and blessed day to you, luv :star:
Yes it does. Thank you so much. Time to move on. Where's Willard Pooty:muttley:today?

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
The VA, and my therapist, have been pushing me hard for years now to get a service dog. Have the packet, the folks in Florida have been waiting for me, but for my own reasons I wont get into, I refuse to go out there. This thread, in recent days, has me re-thinking that choice. My family wants me to go out there, but I haven't. And the packet has been collecting dust, and my therapist every so often, reminds me that I need to do it. It's very difficult to get approved for this program (k9sforwarriors) (I'm not a "warrior"), and the dogs choose you. It takes a month of getting to know and acquainted with the pup that chooses you (literally), before you go home with your service dog... it's a very personal connection.

You chose to serve our country, to protect us, to protect our way of life..........You're a warrior!

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score

Trouty, OMG, please go forward with the service dog process. What A wonderful addition a service pup would be to your life. The companionship is so wonderful. The pup would be allowed to go everywhere with you being he's a service dog. The pup would bring so much joy into your life to fill those empty voids. Please, do it. Go to Fla. Whatever personal reasons you may have, ignore them. God is reaching out to you. Please take his hand.

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
You chose to serve our country, to protect us, to protect our way of life..........You're a warrior!
I appreciate the kind words, my man, but I am not a warrior, Runny. But I do appreciate the kind words, pal. I am considering it further. Still don't want to take one of these dogs from someone that needs it more than myself

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
Trouty, OMG, please go forward with the service dog process. What A wonderful addition a service pup would be to your life. The companionship is so wonderful. The pup would be allowed to go everywhere with you being he's a service dog. The pup would bring so much joy into your life to fill those empty voids. Please, do it. Go to Fla. Whatever personal reasons you may have, ignore them. God is reaching out to you. Please take his hand.
I will consider it so much more now, M. That packet is massive, isn't it! :)

Ugh... to fill out all those questions. It's hard. Then going out there for a month. Then the notion of taking one of these dogs from vets who have lost actual limbs. It feels uneasy. It's never sat right with me.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I appreciate the kind words, my man, but I am not a warrior, Runny. But I do appreciate the kind words, pal. I am considering it further. Still don't want to take one of these dogs from someone that needs it more than myself
If everyone around you is telling you to do it (and it sounds like that's the case) maybe you're the only one who doesn't see how much you need it.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
They do KNOW it, don't they, M. It's jarring, to the soul, to realize that. Bless you for taking on a shelter kitty, your Oscar, sweetheart.

Coincidence with two Oscar's in the family after two incredible losses? Me thinks not, Sis. :star:
Agree luv.

Status
Not open for further replies.