I Like Beer A Lot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
It took 6 days to taper off, using two 12 packs of regular Budweiser over the course of that time.

waldoputty

Reaction score
tenor.gif
now if u would do that in person...

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Good morning DF! Thank you. Make sure you stop by Thursday nite for a cold one. The half time show will be Ranchy & Putty singing karaoke.

Should be rather entertaining being they have to sing standing upside down holding hands. I'm paying them $20 each to perform.
Have a fab day as well luv.:thumbup:
Like Mr. Rourke and Tatu!

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
Three days so far....How long you trying for?
Seriously, I don't know yet. I just know I need to put months, maybe more, between that last run and any drinking I may consider in the future. I went four months with no booze between these last two runs, and it wasn't enough. Gotta reset those GABA receptors to baseline

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Morning, peeps :star::star::star:
Yo! Celebrated my daughter's 18th yesterday. Only had a couple of drinks since Saturday. Gotta be clear eyed on Thursday night so I can be objective when I yell, GARRETT sucks!!!!! Lol, Salud!

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
Yo! Celebrated my daughter's 18th yesterday. Only had a couple of drinks since Saturday. Gotta be clear eyed on Thursday night so I can be objective when I yell, GARRETT sucks!!!!! Lol, Salud!
:laugh::laugh::laugh:

That's awesome man, re your girl's 18th. Congrats, Coach.

Yeah, man, it's gonna be incredibly hard for me not to drink watching football on Sundays. Hopefully we have a kick arse season and, thus, the urge is less. :)

Salud, brotherman :star:

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Seriously, I don't know yet. I just know I need to put months, maybe more, between that last run and any drinking I may consider in the future. I went four months with no booze between these last two runs, and it wasn't enough. Gotta reset those GABA receptors to baseline
What if you tried adding another reason to be sober, like start working out, so you don't wanna undo all the hard work you put in? That's what keeps me eating better than I do when I'm not working out regularly.

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
What if you tried adding another reason to be sober, like start working out, so you don't wanna undo all the hard work you put in? That's what keeps me eating better than I do when I'm not working out regularly.
It's a wonderful idea. I've been a gym rat off and on for 16 years. I last stopped working out in 2015. I go hard, too. There was a thread here about a year ago, I think it was from @JohnnyTheFox, where I broke down my previous eating regimen, gave advice from my experiences and such. I was addicted to the lifestyle. It's such a more healthy addiction than booze. I tend to go to the extremes in any hobby/activity/work I choose. Might as well be a healthy addiction :)

kskboys

Reaction score
Just want you to know I'm 100% behind you.

I didn't struggle w/ alcoholism myself, but in my late 20's I was drinking so much that I finally just quit for 3 years. I'm now a social drinker, which means I was never an alcoholic, lucky for me. True alcoholics can't social drink. Kinda like smoking for me. I quit smoking about 8 yrs ago, and I can never take even another puff. I'm terrified that it'll put me right back on the smoke wagon.

We all have our demons, and kudos to you for trying to figure out just how bad a demon alcohol is to you. I only drink on weekends, don't allow myself to touch it during the week. Works for me, everyone has to figure out what works for them individually.

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score

I didn't struggle w/ alcoholism myself, but in my late 20's I was drinking so much that I finally just quit for 3 years. I'm now a social drinker, which means I was never an alcoholic, lucky for me. True alcoholics can't social drink. Kinda like smoking for me. I quit smoking about 8 yrs ago, and I can never take even another puff. I'm terrified that it'll put me right back on the smoke wagon.

We all have our demons, and kudos to you for trying to figure out just how bad a demon alcohol is to you. I only drink on weekends, don't allow myself to touch it during the week. Works for me, everyone has to figure out what works for them individually.
Thank you, Ksk. Appreciate the post, brother. Yeah, I don't know if I'll ever be able to be a social drinker, but the thing is, I was in the past. I'm hoping one day I can handle that.

And I hear you on the cigs. I took to vaping to quit smoking, but, invariably, when I start drinking those cigs/cigars/pipe tobacco soon follow suit.

Pipe tobacco is the only smoking I do when I'm not boozing (aside from vaping). And this is a recent discovery for me (pipe tobacco/found it about a year ago)

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score

Yea my demon is food. I go on diets and lose weight and I eventually gain it all back, It's especially hard during football season because I always love to order out.

And Trouty , I commend you for trying to kick the habit. You are a good man and we're all pulling for you. Need you around here for a long time. :)

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
It's a wonderful idea. I've been a gym rat off and on for 16 years. I last stopped working out in 2015. I go hard, too. There was a thread here about a year ago, I think it was from @JohnnyTheFox, where I broke down my previous eating regimen, gave advice from my experiences and such. I was addicted to the lifestyle. It's such a more healthy addiction than booze. I tend to go to the extremes in any hobby/activity/work I choose. Might as well be a healthy addiction :)
Exactly! As long as you don't start using steroids!
:laugh:

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Yea my demon is food. I go on diets and lose weight and I eventually gain it all back, It's especially hard during football season because I always love to order out.

And Trouty , I commend you for trying to kick the habit. You are a good man and we're all pulling for you. Need you around here for a long time. :)
We should petition @Reality to get a like button back in this thread....even if there was a daily limit on them.

Status
Not open for further replies.