I Like Beer A Lot

Status
Not open for further replies.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If you saw some of the posts I have deleted you would understand what I'm talking about. Not all chit-chat is mindless chit-chat, but many of the ones I deleted were.
I can only imagine with this number of members. Those really big cans of Planters have more nuts in them.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
How's your uncle doing PA?

Putting this in the beer thread since it's not about baseball. lol

He's in rehab right now. He can't swallow. He did have to return to the hospital briefly because of a blood clot but he's back in rehab now. He's just been through a lot but he's still hanging in there. A lot of ups and downs.

Last edited:

waldoputty

Reaction score
Putting this in the bear thread since it's not about baseball. lol

He's in rehab right now. He can't swallow. He did have to return to the hospital briefly because of a blood clot but he's back in rehab now. He's just been through a lot but he's still hanging in there. A lot of ups and downs.

my college buddy's father has been dealing with this. he had a stroke and had trouble swallowing. a therapist was able to help somewhat to the point that he could drink and eat some food.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
my college buddy's father has been dealing with this. he had a stroke and had trouble swallowing. a therapist was able to help somewhat to the point that he could drink and eat some food.
I can't imagine not being able to swallow. I love to eat. My Uncle does too so I know it's awful for him.

waldoputty

Reaction score
I can't imagine not being able to swallow. I love to eat. My Uncle does too so I know it's awful for him.

yea they had to put a tube in his stomach to feed him. he was losing weight rapidly and the intervention was needed. with the tube, he was able to regain weight and strength and able to rehabilitate some what.
i was on a liquid diet for 5 months so i know how miserable that is.

Sarek

Povar
Reaction score

I know it well enough to still feel the pain of watching a loved one go through it. The body will hopefully get stronger (throat speech balance etc) but levels of damage remain in my experience. God bless your loved one and prayers for a speedy recovery. Patience is the lesson i learned most from experiencing this process which is still on going.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
I know it well enough to still feel the pain of watching a loved one go through it. The body will hopefully get stronger (throat speech balance etc) but levels of damage remain in my experience. God bless your loved one and prayers for a speedy recovery. Patience is the lesson i learned most from experiencing this process which is still on going.
Thank you.:)

waldoputty

Reaction score
there is @RGV_C_Los :lmao::lmao::lmao:

i

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score

Oh no. Poor Uncle is going through the grinder. Thoughts and prayers continue. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.