I Like Beer A Lot

Status
Not open for further replies.

waldoputty

Reaction score
I have a contractor that does all my work, almost at cost. I've gotten him over 300k worth of work over the years. That's a lot of money down here. He shows his appreciation by giving me great rates. You would choke if I told you what I was paying for the amount of work he will be doing.

what is sq ft?
which type of floors?
total kitchen remodel?
how many baths?
level of finish?

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
what is sq ft?
which type of floors?
total kitchen remodel?
how many baths?
level of finish?
1500 sq ft townhouse right next the the CC. 2/2/2.
Gonna pull out old carpet and vinyl floor and put 18x18 porcelain tile throughout. Remove popcorn ceiling and retexture all ceiling and walls and paint throughout. Refinish cabinets and put granite in kitchen and both restrooms. Paint all baseboards and crown molding and change out 12 light fixtures. Etc, etc, etc!!!!

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
Gonna pull out old carpet and vinyl floor and put 18x18 porcelain tile throughout. Remove popcorn ceiling and retexture all ceiling and walls and paint throughout. Refinish cabinets and put granite in kitchen and both restrooms. Paint all baseboards and crown molding and change out 12 light fixtures. Etc, etc, etc!!!!
Ya buddy,flat scraping that old popcorn ceiling texture off is always a fun,fun pastime, it goes&gets everywhere on you, a home modified garden hoe with it's blade neck torch heated& hammered out flat makes a useful tool to help do that Big-G o_O

I'd also found that by adding a bit of white paint into the new splatter texture mix aids to it's adherence,,, er,,,but that was from refurbin' trailer houses with the old vinyl pattern covered sheet rock interior walls

Last edited:

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Ya buddy,flat scraping that old popcorn ceiling texture off is always a fun,fun pastime, it goes&gets everywhere on you, a home modified garden hoe with it's blade neck torch heated& hammered out flat makes a useful tool to help do that Big-G o_O
Lol. That crap really ages a house.

waldoputty

Reaction score

if my contractor did it, labor could roughly cost:
popcorn - $3k
texture/paint - $5k
cabinet refinish - $2k
kitchen counter - $1.5k
bathroom - $6k
molding - $1k
electrical - $500
floors $8k

Melonfeud

Reaction score
popcorn - $3k
texture/paint - $5k
cabinet refinish - $2k
kitchen counter - $1.5k
bathroom - $6k
molding - $1k
electrical - $500
floors $8k
Gee whiz, that would really put the ka-bobs to yer' annual wardrobe budget,huh Wally?:lmao:

Lol. That crap really ages a house.
It sure does, especially around ceiling fans,man!

Melonfeud

Reaction score
putty annual wardrobe budget is $100-$200
:lmao:
So,,,I see you've recently accounted for adjusted inflation ,as you'd previously stated a paltry budgeting of $75.00 annual allotment fer' yer' Purty Putty attireo_O

Melonfeud

Reaction score
Or,,,you've grown tired of the usual proffered wardrobe selections at the goodwill/salvation army clothes racks:eek:

waldoputty

Reaction score
So,,,I see you've recently accounted for adjusted inflation ,as you'd previously stated a paltry budgeting of $75.00 annual allotment fer' yer' Purty Putty attireo_O

no i am working now and have to go to meetings ;)

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
popcorn - $3k
texture/paint - $5k
cabinet refinish - $2k
kitchen counter - $1.5k
bathroom - $6k
molding - $1k
electrical - $500
floors $8k
Gee whiz, that would really put the ka-bobs to yer' annual wardrobe budget,huh Wally?:lmao:

It sure does, especially around ceiling fans,man!
Getting it all do e for 7k. My AC guy is renting my condo on the island and will replace my central air at cost for about 2k if o need it.

Status
Not open for further replies.