I Like Beer A Lot

Status
Not open for further replies.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Saltlick in Austin!!!!
Pretty good but Franklin and Mueller and his sister's place have elevated brisket to another level. None of them can do ribs worth a damn or pulled pork, got to get out of the state for that. There's a chain, Red, Hot and Blue than does pork better than any of the Tejas BBQ I've had. But it's all Corky's from Memphis recipes, that's why.

But beef? Naaaah, can't hold a candle to the brisket and plate ribs in Tejas.

UKMatt

Reaction score
Whereabouts in Tejas would you and Mrs. Limey be heading? Might be able to direct you to some bodacious BBQ, if you're in my neck of the woods. Neck of the woods is American for vicinity. Don't know why but we have to add words when vicinity would suffice.

Ha, 'neck of the woods' is a common term here. Not sure where it comes from but don't forget we gave you your language and then you guys changed a few words and messed it up ;):lmao:

We've got a stint from Dallas > Austin > Houston. It's gonna be in time for the Eagles game actually and so we may have an opportunity to go *fingers crossed*

Definitely take a few recommendations on some BODACIOUS BBQ though! Oh man Coach, the whole reason we're heading out is for the food!!!:bow:

Heard Franklins in Austin is good but the lines can be MASSIVE!

waldoputty

Reaction score
Ha, 'neck of the woods' is a common term here. Not sure where it comes from but don't forget we gave you your language and then you guys changed a few words and messed it up ;):lmao:

We've got a stint from Dallas > Austin > Houston. It's gonna be in time for the Eagles game actually and so we may have an opportunity to go *fingers crossed*

Definitely take a few recommendations on some BODACIOUS BBQ though! Oh man Coach, the whole reason we're heading out is for the food!!!:bow:

words from the empire on which the sun never sets
:lmao:

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Matt, I suggest you start a thread in the Off-Topic Zone asking for suggestions for those three cities, folks here can he mighty helpful. Some hateful too as you've probably already discovered in the Fan Zone. Every orchard has a couple of rotten stinkers on the ground. An orchard is, oh, never mind, y'all probably gave us that word too.

The lines are long at Franklin's but nothing like they used to be when people would be in line for 4-5 hours only to discover they were sold out. His brisket is worth it though, he has mastered it. A close second, imo, is John Mueller's, he is the grandson of the most famous pit master in this part of Texas, Louie Mueller, and that joint in located in Taylor, just a short drive from Austin if you want to say you've been at BBQ Mecca. Another little BBQ day trip out of Austin is Elgin, home of Meyer's and Southside Market, famous in these parts for sausage. This ain't your Momma's bangers and mash though.

If you want some good Tex-Mex in Austin, I highly recommend Matt's Hacienda. Joint's been open since the 50's and rumor is Matt got his recipes from Santa Anna right before they kicked his mangy *** back to Mexico. Really a great menu and there are a dozen Tex-Mex joints that have come from Matt's kitchens.

The Dark Bishop

Reaction score
If anyone sees daboyz run in here in slippers with a high heel as a weapon, tell her I am in another tavern. LMAO..... Thinks I may have stalled her women's lib movement in the new pick em league....

maxdogg

Reaction score
If anyone sees daboyz run in here in slippers with a high heel as a weapon, tell her I am in another tavern. LMAO..... Thinks I may have stalled her women's lib movement in the new pick em league....
Hey dark good to see you bro.

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan

When you get to Houston, head SW to Pearland and eat at Killen’s Barbecue, thank me later :thumbup:

UKMatt

Reaction score
Matt, I suggest you start a thread in the Off-Topic Zone asking for suggestions for those three cities, folks here can he mighty helpful. Some hateful too as you've probably already discovered in the Fan Zone. Every orchard has a couple of rotten stinkers on the ground. An orchard is, oh, never mind, y'all probably gave us that word too.

The lines are long at Franklin's but nothing like they used to be when people would be in line for 4-5 hours only to discover they were sold out. His brisket is worth it though, he has mastered it. A close second, imo, is John Mueller's, he is the grandson of the most famous pit master in this part of Texas, Louie Mueller, and that joint in located in Taylor, just a short drive from Austin if you want to say you've been at BBQ Mecca. Another little BBQ day trip out of Austin is Elgin, home of Meyer's and Southside Market, famous in these parts for sausage. This ain't your Momma's bangers and mash though.

If you want some good Tex-Mex in Austin, I highly recommend Matt's Hacienda. Joint's been open since the 50's and rumor is Matt got his recipes from Santa Anna right before they kicked his mangy *** back to Mexico. Really a great menu and there are a dozen Tex-Mex joints that have come from Matt's kitchens.

Cheers Coach, you guys are the best! I’m gonna be having me some BBQ for breakfast lunch and dinner at this rate!

that Hacienda was on the list to check out so thats a good recommend thanks and will definitely post up another thread to get some suggestions

Although not an alcoholic beverage but whilst im in the pub forum, any thoughts on the Dr Pepper tour? They say DP is like Guinness where it tastes better from the original source?! I know theres an old factory in Dublin (TX) and Waco as well

UKMatt

Reaction score
When you get to Houston, head SW to Pearland and eat at Killen’s Barbecue, thank me later :thumbup:

Thanks Tabasco, ive got Killens on the list as well great to see places getting multiple good reviews from different places means they must be good!
My mouth is watering sooo much thinking about it

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
:lmao2:
Hi Sweetheart! Boy have I missed you. Haven't seen you anywhere in here and suddenly my bishop shows up in da Pick'EMS. I thought you was eaten up by the Supreme Pizza monster. :laugh:
39xtcx.gif

i read it but i dont get it...
And this is news? Putty not getting it?! I'll send Raunchy @Ranching over as soon as I can....:lmao:

Last edited:

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Hi Sweetheart! Boy have I missed you. Haven't seen you anywhere in here and suddenly my bishop shows up in da Pick'EMS. I thought you was eaten up by the Supreme Pizza monster. :laugh:
And this is news? Putty not getting it?! I'll send Raunchy @Ranching over as soon as I can....:lmao:
Putty hasn't gotten any for a while. Lol

waldoputty

Reaction score
Putty hasn't gotten any for a while. Lol

i see a conspiracy against the putty here.
it is quite disappointing.
:thumbdown:

Status
Not open for further replies.