I Like Beer A Lot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
Need to earn my stripes as id have given this a proper hipster 'like' maybe one day ill be let loose with the button! haha
:lmao::laugh::lmao: Hey Man ,just where are you "forted up"over in England? I mean what's the nearest city most of us Yank's would associate as to of having heard of it ,like, how far away do you live from "Lower Uncton" where Al Bundy's ancestors hailed from,,,oh,hey,do you know any BUNDY'S?o_O

:lmao::laugh::lmao:
* yer' a cool dude,man:thumbup: keep coming back& feel free to jump on in to any of the many various fun threads over in the "off topic" zone,,,er,,,in fact feel free in jumping into any "Zone" whenever yer' ready, that "morning pop's" one would be an excellent one to drop in on& say hey to yer' fellows& fellow-ttes
( there's very few "un-nice" Cowboy's fans on the board:))

:starspin::thumbup::starspin:

Last edited:

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
Down on the South Coast. Portsmouth to be exact. Just close enough to London to get in and out within the day. We're known as being a Navy port but to be honest most of the navy stuff is elsewhere and we don't really build any ships anymore so most of that isn't really true to name!

What about yourself Waldo? You Texas based?
* ya,Portsmouth is where we'd docked for liberty after a joint winter operations with the Brit's& Wegian's up in northern Norway,that's still the greenest grass I've ever seen after living in nothing but 3' of snow & ice for so long.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
* ya,Portsmouth is where we'd docked for liberty after a joint winter operations with the Brit's& Wegian's up in northern Norway,that's still the greenest grass I've ever seen after living in nothing but 3' of snow & ice for so long.
I feel like some fish and chips!

waldoputty

Reaction score
Down on the South Coast. Portsmouth to be exact. Just close enough to London to get in and out within the day. We're known as being a Navy port but to be honest most of the navy stuff is elsewhere and we don't really build any ships anymore so most of that isn't really true to name!

What about yourself Waldo? You Texas based?

no, california near LA and sf.
only been to london, manchester and dover as well as a week in cardiff...

UKMatt

Reaction score
:lmao::laugh::lmao: Hey Man ,just where are you "forted up"over in England? I mean what's the nearest city most of us Yank's would associate as to of having heard of it ,like, how far away do you live from "Lower Uncton" where Al Bundy's ancestors hailed from,,,oh,hey,do you know any BUNDY'S?o_O

:lmao::laugh::lmao:
* yer' a cool dude,man:thumbup: keep coming back& feel free to jump on in to any of the many various fun threads over in the "off topic" zone,,,er,,,in fact feel free in jumping into any "Zone" whenever yer' ready, that "morning pop's" one would be an excellent one to drop in on& say hey to yer' fellows& fellow-ttes
( there's very few "un-nice" Cowboy's fans on the board:))

:starspin::thumbup::starspin:

Cheers Melon, appreciate the welcome sir. Just fumbling my way round things at the mo. Didn't realise about the players union til the other day so made a fool out of myself already but hey I'm here to learn about a sport I'm new to and enjoying all "YA'LL" saying hi!
I'm down on the south coast, literally in the middle of the coast on a map. About an hour away from London, lovely down here.

Where about you based sir?

As for the bundys they were northern folk, weird ones them northerners, we're posh southerners, not quite sure what the equivalent would be actually. Maybe Floridians or posh Georgians? :laugh:

UKMatt

Reaction score
I feel like some fish and chips!

We do know how to do a decent portion of fish and chips, straight up! But you've gotta have it covered in onion gravy and salt and you've gotta have a pickled onion with it as well.

UKMatt

Reaction score
no, california near LA and sf.
only been to london, manchester and dover as well as a week in cardiff...

Nice man, was out that way in 2012. We did the tourist thing and drove the 101 in a mustang with the top down. SF was nice back then, heard its turned into a zombie town. And LA is a favourite of mine as well, just a real cool place to live, even if it is a little hipster in places. My dream home would be to have a pacific coast place, overlooking the sea probably near Carmel. We stopped of at a lighthouse hostel called Pigeon Point, and just sat and watched the seals, one of the most idilic places on earth! Shame we didnt get time to venture into big sir but will def be out that way again some point soon that's for sure!

How come your a Cowboy fan then sir? You originate from the state? or just a tourist fan like myself? :laugh:

UKMatt

Reaction score
I've never been across the pond. They don't let my kind over there.

To be fair, we seem to let anyone in Ranching! :lmao2:

Also the states is so big that it kind of seems made to travel 2000 miles to enjoy a bit of rain and cold weather :laugh:

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
To be fair, we seem to let anyone in Ranching! :lmao2:

Also the states is so big that it kind of seems made to travel 2000 miles to enjoy a bit of rain and cold weather :laugh:
Texas is over 800 miles wide!!
My oldest brother lives in Rome, we may be going over for a visit next spring.

waldoputty

Reaction score
Nice man, was out that way in 2012. We did the tourist thing and drove the 101 in a mustang with the top down. SF was nice back then, heard its turned into a zombie town. And LA is a favourite of mine as well, just a real cool place to live, even if it is a little hipster in places. My dream home would be to have a pacific coast place, overlooking the sea probably near Carmel. We stopped of at a lighthouse hostel called Pigeon Point, and just sat and watched the seals, one of the most idilic places on earth! Shame we didnt get time to venture into big sir but will def be out that way again some point soon that's for sure!

How come your a Cowboy fan then sir? You originate from the state? or just a tourist fan like myself? :laugh:

101/1 drive is good.

i lived in SF for 20 years. yes i have had it with SF and spending less time there.

but lived in northeast before that including new jersey and boston. would not mind being back in boston/maine area.

the first game i watched was the nfc championship game in 1975, so became a fan then. In fact the first play i noticed was the staubach to pearson bomb.

waldoputty

Reaction score
We do know how to do a decent portion of fish and chips, straight up! But you've gotta have it covered in onion gravy and salt and you've gotta have a pickled onion with it as well.

even had that wrapped in newspaper!

UKMatt

Reaction score
Texas is over 800 miles wide!!
My oldest brother lives in Rome, we may be going over for a visit next spring.

Nice!! Loved Rome, love Italy in fact. Been to Italy like 8 times myself, such a beautiful place and the food is just incredible!

UKMatt

Reaction score
101/1 drive is good.

i lived in SF for 20 years. yes i have had it with SF and spending less time there.

but lived in northeast before that including new jersey and boston. would not mind being back in boston/maine area.

the first game i watched was the nfc championship game in 1975, so became a fan then. In fact the first play i noticed was the staubach to pearson bomb.

Yeah, parents in law go that way every couple of years. Back out to Portland and Seattle again this year, and drop down into SF because they like it there too but said its changing real quick and not for the better!
Loved Boston, had some canollis from Mikes Pastry, said to be some of the best in the world, didnt last long that's for sure!

UKMatt

Reaction score
even had that wrapped in newspaper!

That's the way to do it. Down our way we've got a pier which goes out into the sea and there's a chippy on the pier so you couldn't get more quintessentially British unless you were then to have a scone and tea on the common after!:lmao2:

waldoputty

Reaction score
That's the way to do it. Down our way we've got a pier which goes out into the sea and there's a chippy on the pier so you couldn't get more quintessentially British unless you were then to have a scone and tea on the common after!:lmao2:

high tea is nice, but have not done it in a while

Status
Not open for further replies.