I Like Beer A Lot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I recall hearing something,, something about a new engine that starts out in life with synthetic oil must stay with synthetic,,, yet switching from regular motor oil to synthetic has no ill effects,,, the general thought is the molecules of the synthetic crankcase lubricant bonds to the cylinder walls,mains during the break in period, and the regular casing-liner oil coming in after it breaks all that down,,, if it left the engine shop with synthetic oil and that's what the manual specifically states,,, it could void the warranty,,, but then again IDK?,,for sure,,,

I figured something like that. It came with synthetic so that is why I took it back to get the proper oil. For all I know, it probably would have been fine :huh:

haleyrules

Reaction score
I recall hearing something,, something about a new engine that starts out in life with synthetic oil must stay with synthetic,,, yet switching from regular motor oil to synthetic has no ill effects,,, the general thought is the molecules of the synthetic crankcase lubricant bonds to the cylinder walls,mains during the break in period, and the regular casing-liner oil coming in after it breaks all that down,,, if it left the engine shop with synthetic oil and that's what the manual specifically states,,, it could void the warranty,,, but then again IDK?,,for sure,,,
That's a load of baloney. It makes no difference. You can change back and forth if you want to. Synthetic is a better product.

Titleist

Reaction score
Ahhhhhhh it's been a while since I've frequented this watering hole... Just cracked a St. Arnold pilsner and remembered all the good folks around here

Hope everyone is enjoying their evening libation ;)

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
That's a load of baloney. It makes no difference. You can change back and forth if you want to. Synthetic is a better product.
I tended to think so too, but with the advances in Metallurgy and Technology( seriously, I saw a late night $39.95 casing-liner you plug into the scanning port under the dash and you read the Diagnostics on your smartphone),,, I'd not overtly void a new engine warranty,,, would you?
Personally, I used to buy the latest,greatest engine oil and filters money could buy ,In the $15,500 truck I wrote a check for,,or the one prior I financed at a grand total of $23k ,,, now I don't really Even care:lmao:
And I still drive both of 'em

Dexter is talking 60k that's a heap big pile of greeno_O

Last edited:

Melonfeud

Reaction score
Seriously, you'd think being on the petro tit this long,,,some outfit hasn't marketed a universal ceramic 3 cylinder replaceable casing-liner engine in the 50k mile (or 100k since it's my casing-liner daydream) for a specific line of vehicles that you un-clip the fuel and electronic feeds, flip up two handles and slam that 75 lb. replacement motor right in there,,,in 30 minutes topso_O

( I really need to be an idea guy for some casing-liner conglomerate ,drawing 250k a year:lmao:)

haleyrules

Reaction score
I tended to think so too, but with the advances in Metallurgy and Technology( seriously, I saw a late night $39.95 casing-liner you plug into the scanning port under the dash and you read the Diagnostics on your smartphone),,, I'd not overtly void a new engine warranty,,, would you?
Personally, I used to buy the latest,greatest engine oil and filters money could buy ,In the $15,500 truck I wrote a check for,,or the one prior I financed at a grand total of $23k ,,, now I don't really Even care:lmao:

Tell you what...I worked with huge marine engines 15000-18000 kw. 5 million bucks a pop.Those babies outlast the ship itself..hundreds of thousands of hardworking hrs on them hauling heavy cargos in rough conditions. The companies would buy the cheapest second rate black fuel and oil they could find. Oil is oil. Don't buy the PR BS. It doesn't make a hoot of difference. Those babies carried 10000 ltrs of **** oil and it would never be changed. Filtered and purified and would be in that ** for 10 yrs. People will believe anything if its presently nicely.

waldoputty

Reaction score

dexter casing liner >>> melon casing liner
:lmao::lmao::lmao:

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Ahhhhhhh it's been a while since I've frequented this watering hole... Just cracked a St. Arnold pilsner and remembered all the good folks around here

Salud!

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score

Always good to have you around these parts, Titleist, brother! Enjoy your beverage :)

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
This is true, Melon, as far as I know it to be. Good stuff, Boxer.

But Dex has some weird casing-liner warranty, so what do I really know...

Melonfeud

Reaction score
Tell you what...I worked with huge marine engines 15000-18000 kw. 5 million bucks a pop.Those babies outlast the ship itself..hundreds of thousands of hardworking hrs on them hauling heavy cargos in rough conditions. The companies would buy the cheapest second rate black fuel and oil they could find. Oil is oil. Don't buy the PR BS. It doesn't make a hoot of difference. Those babies carried 10000 ltrs of **** oil and it would never be changed. Filtered and purified and would be in that ** for 10 yrs. People will believe anything if its presently nicely.
I worked in a gas station once or twice way back and the owner started stocking some of the reconditioned motor oil for like .75 qt.,,, it was clear but you could see metallic crap in it in the sunlight, those ships engines are an entirely different casing-liner as compared to a Dexter' casing-liner>Melon feud's casing-liner pickup trucks engine that's still under warranty,,,and if your of firm conviction in yer' belief that motor oil is motor oil and thats the end of it,,, you should learn a little something in yer old age there swabbie, you have a Myriad of variables in quality and manufacturing processes such as viscosity,boiling point/temperature breakdown and lubricity but what the hell,you damn sure know what yer' talking about, huh?o_O
:lmao:

Melonfeud

Reaction score

Have you cracked into a 2nd or 3rd brew yet?
I recall seeing/ liking some of your posts,,,Salud.

Status
Not open for further replies.