waldoputty
Well-Known Member
- Messages
- 23,375
- Reaction score
- 21,163
going on my daily stroll.
have fun chatting guys.
have fun chatting guys.
Kinda' sort've a single stick set off down hole would kick that sucker off( so I've heard)holy crap, so that is the early version of hydraulic fracking...
I went to Carlsbad Cali back in the mid 80's before my senior year. My cousin was the head cheerleader at her HS. She took me to a beach party, I was 6'4" wearing jeans, boots a cowboy hat with a turkey feather and had a big wad of chewing tobacco in my mouth. I had my pick of women. Lol, great night.



Inteesting.Kinda' sort've a single stick set off down hole would kick that sucker off( so I've heard)
Halliburton( I've worked for those red jumpsuit wearing dudes b-4)
Would screw in c-4 shaped charges in the perforating tool and run it down to pay zone(anywhere from 1500 - 5000 ft down,,, all you would hear was a weak/ pathetic ' tink' and see the cable jiggle!
Had them come out to preform a nitrogen frac on an existing producing well once, it was a virtual carnival/ 3 ring circus ,,, it blew that sucker wide open and ruined it/ nothing but salt water, so it became a flood injection wellhead,,,,
I haven't been a couch flake ALL my life ,my brothers.![]()

Kinda' sort've a single stick set off down hole would kick that sucker off( so I've heard)
Halliburton( I've worked for those red jumpsuit wearing dudes b-4)
Would screw in c-4 shaped charges in the perforating tool and run it down to pay zone(anywhere from 1500 - 5000 ft down,,, all you would hear was a weak/ pathetic ' tink' and see the cable jiggle!
Had them come out to preform a nitrogen frac on an existing producing well once, it was a virtual carnival/ 3 ring circus ,,, it blew that sucker wide open and ruined it/ nothing but salt water, so it became a flood injection wellhead,,,,
I haven't been a couch flake ALL my life ,my brothers.![]()
oh, that is right.
i think people were using rings of shape charges (explosive foil initiators) for oil wells - and that predates fracking.





I'd made a drunken comment online around '05' that if they ever figured out how to pack sand into that porous limestone oil bearing pay zone, and could KEEP IT THERE after frackin' those baby's, well then ,they would definitely have done something of importance for the Industry,,, sheese it wasn't 3- 4 years later everybody seemed in a death spiral tizzy over fracking oil wells!
Apparently someone/ somewhere caught a clue and the rest is pretty well known.
![]()
and i said oh this is ND - it will be cool... we even got an invite to see some gas wells in western colorado (parachute).
Stop! Mr. Chow, class is ' in session'oh, that is right.
i think people were using rings of shape charges (explosive foil initiators) for oil wells - and that predates fracking.

Purdue Boilermakers!!!well u should have made a bunch of $$$.
yes, i have been to some of the bakken wells in ND. visited halliburton's operation. i invited myself and a professor from purdue, and they welcomed us with open arms. the professor was like - ah waldo, should we really be driving into a restricted areaand i said oh this is ND - it will be cool... we even got an invite to see some gas wells in western colorado (parachute).
it is funny what fracking did to the oil price. poor russia probably wondering whether they backed the wrong candidate with XL and dakota access going through when the other candidate would have blocked them![]()
Stop! Mr. Chow, class is ' in session'
There's a big diff between perforating and fracturing, an old rotary drill would utilize a bit design of the famed Howard Hughes design ,tri-cone style with a jet opening per cone/or some only two/ the honking caterpillar caterpillar diesels engines that ran the rotory draw works, also had one on the mud pump that circulated a highly viscous solution called drilling mud that floated the cuttings from the above mentioned Hughes design tricone drilling bit.
the viscosity of the fluid being thicker/heavier than the cuttings the bit was turning out causes them to float them to the top into a recovery/ circulatory Pit a ' cutting sample' is taken every 5' of drilling depth and analyzed under micro when reaching already established pay zones ( nobody knows it could run 30'+ high/ low / or not even be there at all)
If the well isn't a dry hole ,but a profitable producer you would ' set pipe' (it's the whole reasoning of my casing- liner catch all phrase, buddy) to maintain the integrity of that $100,000 hole you just punched into the ground ( over a cool million now)
a 'test log' was ran that gives you squiggly lines indicating ' pay ' the perf just let's that black gold flow into that hole you just drilled.
I've been on wells/pumped that's frickin' FLOWED OVER 400 BBLS a day several weeks straight,,,,![]()
Purdue Boilermakers!!!
I had a football jersey as a kid,,, was 15 y.o. crashing I.U. college parties 3 counties away,,' hey Bulldog'
You rock Waldo Chow Putty my man.
Hey,wally!
That $100 per barrel was fixing to shift the boot on the neck/ balance of power if left unchecked,,,, it's All 110% B.S.,,,, and I'll piss on that cops cruiser to prove it.
Cheers, brethren!!
Hopefully the booze is flowing and your hearts (and bodies) are warm![]()
wow it is coming back to me.
have not talked drilling stuff since 2013 lol
i finally threw out my drilling mud souvenir in 2014...
we worked on the non-magnetic directional sensor -(as well as initiators for DoD)...
which part of drilling were u in?
You guys are way over my head. The only thing i ever drilled were......well, you know the rest. LolPurdue Boilermakers!!!
I had a football jersey as a kid,,, was 15 y.o. crashing I.U. college parties 3 counties away,,' hey Bulldog'
You rock Waldo Chow Putty my man.
Hey,wally!
That $100 per barrel was fixing to shift the boot on the neck/ balance of power if left unchecked,,,, it's All 110% B.S.,,,, and I'll piss on that cops cruiser to prove it.
You guys are way over my head. The only thing i ever drilled were......well, you know the rest. Lol

hey troutyMorning, yentlemen!!!
Wishing you all a booze filled, safe and Sunshiny day![]()
Somewhere in LA's sewershey trouty
where is my lamb chop???
Somewhere in LA's sewers![]()
Filing more paperwork with my attorney in regards to this Lemon Law case, work, shopping, relaxingwow u know how to hurt a guy
whats up today
