I Like Beer A Lot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks! Don't feel bad, I used to work 90 a week for 16 weeks during football season and another months during spring ball.

Ouch my friend. I did 70+ per week as a manager and truly feel I was wasting away because my knowledge was not being used in a sports bar. Though I love the atmosphere. You are a man's man. Coaching is a calling, and it brings so much more than job satisfaction. Mentoring the minds of many has to be fulfilling too. Cheers my friend.
 
A real American Gangster !!


What a great documentary. A shame the hits to the head were his ending. He had a way of just making things happen. A great mind, great mechanics, a great person. Well other than trying too hard to be unbiased.... LOL
 
Yeah luckily while in Vegas and part of the Culinary Union, my hours in such allowed for free seminars and lectures. I took Master Wine 1 and 2 which were $4,000 courses each. My hours with the Union working at casinos paid for such. Also opened the doors to expensive wine tastings as well. It's all about maximizing your resources. If you are willing to be a better student, the info is out there for you. I will say there is nothing like tasting a 1986 Cabernet valued at over $12,000 a glass, then seeing them explain the aged beef it should go with. Or learning a cheap but quality Chardonnay that makes the pallet pop with flavor when trying a delicate seafood selection. I can now work at a 4 diamond restaurant and say, "How about you order your meal, and I shall pick out the perfect wine to work within your selection." 9-10 times not only do I get complemented on my selections, but tipped heavily for it. Sadly it is a lost art in VA but when I get my health back in order, I will go back to Washington DC and start making real money again.

As far as Dak is concerned, he was a forth rounder. While Romo was much later, it really takes time to gel and become one with your craft. Dak got thrown to the wolves his first year, but did commendable with a top notch offense. Now that there is game footage on him, this year was not nearly as good. Rather he learns from this or not, really will say what kind of QB he really is. Can't live off the 1st season where no one knew how you played. Now that teams got time to study him, he is on even footing and they see him for what he can and can't do. Next year will truly explain rather he is learning or living off the hype of the 1st season. I truly hope he is hitting the game film after this season.
I agree with what you say but I am very worried!
 
I agree with what you say but I am very worried!

I am too my friend. I am too.... Only time will tell. Just not sold on Mayfield or Allen so what are chances of finding better that won't go through the same learning curve? Might as well bite the bullet next year and give the kid a chance. Who knows he might excel or give us a better chance at a top QB..... Either way we shall learn next year. Seriously doubt the FO is willing to take a chance on the other 2 QB's unless they totally wrote Dak off.
 
I hope everybody has a great New Year.:)

Yep last game of the year. I still can't believe we're playing for nothing today. It's always Groundhog Day for Dallas.
 
happy new year, pa bro
not nothing, a few slots in draft position.
Yea if we lose. lol I actually wouldn't mind that. It would serve Garrett right. But I do want Dak to look good and if Cooper Rush plays I'd like him to look good too but other than that I don't care. No excuse for playing Zeke today after they didn't use him the second half of last week's game.
 
@Melonfeud
Happy New Year! Hope to see some Melonisms on the game rhread today. Gonna prime up with a couple of tall strong bloody Mary's and then sip on beer the rest of the day! Salud Bros!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
476,070
Messages
14,660,736
Members
24,226
Latest member
Dorsett99Yards
Back
Top