I like the coaches & players

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
8-8 or 9-7 is the best we will get under Mike McCarthy and Dak.
Based on nothing to support that statement.

Jimmy was 1-15 his 1st year.

An 8-8 or 9-7 record is unlikely with McCarthy. He'll either win big or lose big.

MikeB80

Reaction score
I give the credit to people like you for making me look like a genius.

In reality I'm like Michele Tafoya surrounded by several hundred Roseanne Barr clones...

the second best thing about xwalker, terrific jokes.

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
There is no way to make sense of this season.

Covid with new coaching staff.

Extreme injury issues.

Some of the coaching staff did not even know each other prior to being hired. A new HC can only hire coaches that are available.

Garrett would have just had Zeke ram into the Washington DL all game long despite their DL being one of the best.

Turmoil this season is better than the Garrett MO of close losses and 8-8 or 9-7 seasons with no real chance of true playoff success.
Sorry totally disagree the head coach is horrible

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
One thing that I'm absolutely certain about is that I'm a more objective viewer than you are.

If you're honest with yourself, you know that my statement is true.

You still hold a grudge because Jerry fired Landry.
You can like the players you can like the coaches. But if the coaches don’t put the players in the right scheme none of it matters.

FVSTONE

Reaction score

Extreme injury issues.

Some of the coaching staff did not even know each other prior to being hired. A new HC can only hire coaches that are available.

Garrett would have just had Zeke ram into the Washington DL all game long despite their DL being one of the best.

Turmoil this season is better than the Garrett MO of close losses and 8-8 or 9-7 seasons with no real chance of true playoff success.
I'll take pounding the rock 4 straight times with Zek from the 3-4 yd line over field goals on Thanksgiving. I'll take 8-8 or 9-7 seasons over 3 - 13 this year! YOUR POST IS A JOKE................. That old saying really comes into play this year: "Be careful for what you wish for?". We all wished that Garrett was gone this year and now we're stuck with a FAT *** LOSER who couldn't win with Aaron Rogers. That's says it all...............

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
I'm not exactly sure what you mean by your last sentence, but if you mean you'd rather lose definitively than lose close games and just make the playoffs, there are a lot of people here who'd agree with that. But I think most of them want that because they think the FO is gonna come away from the draft with a brand spankin' new first round QB.
You been paying attention to.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I'll take pounding the rock 4 straight times with Zek from the 3-4 yd line over field goals on Thanksgiving. I'll take 8-8 or 9-7 seasons over 3 - 13 this year! YOUR POST IS A JOKE................. That old saying really comes into play this year: "Be careful for what you wish for?". We all wished that Garrett was gone this year and now we're stuck with a FAT *** LOSER who couldn't win with Aaron Rogers. That's says it all...............
Right, because Garrett proved he'd be able to win without his starting QB, most of the starting offensive line, and a RB that has almost as many fumbles as he has yards rushing. (exaggerated for effect)

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Based on nothing to support that statement.

Jimmy was 1-15 his 1st year.

An 8-8 or 9-7 record is unlikely with McCarthy. He'll either win big or lose big.

Can't prove it till it happens.

ghst187

Reaction score
I’ve seen enough, I don’t think these coaches have a clue. mike is a clown. Rodgers was right.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score

Extreme injury issues.

Well..

As the saying goes..

"Be careful what you ask for."

I admit none of us expected what we were going to get.

But the reality is team clearly misses Dak. And before that it clearly missed Romo.

So the leadership factor is in place to recover quickly if Dak can recover from his injury.

So while we as fan are acting like lemmings looking for the nearest cliff to jump..

they have to resist following the twists and turns of its fans and the media critiques.

This has always been the case everytime we have to make changes.

If we end up with a high draft pick there is little doubt defense will get help. And lots of it.

And hopefully we stay away from FA this time. This year reminded us why we are better drafting than paying for upgrades.

So I am not concerned as much as some. Mickey is definitely in a pickle with his staff and he needs to determine whether it's the coaches or players that is the problem.

I do think the OL and DL coordinators could use younger coaches than what McCarthy has hired.

Those 2 areas are not in good shape but returning I jured starters and a good draft and another year of experience there should make things noticeably better.

Panic time..nah.

Over to you.

:huh:

Last edited:

blueblood70

Reaction score

Extreme injury issues.

I wouldn't go as far as LIKE but im comfortable getting them back for 2021 healthy and making run without having to do all the high risk outside the box decsions they were forced too..you are correct there, some of the shocking play calls and head scratching what the flip was that most likely came from desperation and the risk was felt to be necessary to try and win game ..

it failed but most likely would have failed anyway..

i believe we are easily 10-6 when healthy in 2021 filling in some holes on defense..will be a 2015/2016 flip 2020/2021

all the crazy talk around here will be for not..fans have lost their minds, i get it..but feel this isnt a sign of things to come..

Kaiser

Reaction score
i believe we are easily 10-6 when healthy in 2021 filling in some holes on defense..will be a 2015/2016 flip 2020/2021

all the crazy talk around here will be for not..fans have lost their minds, i get it..but feel this isnt a sign of things to come..

I don't know if you were reading this board after the 2015 season when we 4-12, but every thread was either "this is the worst defense of the last 30 years" or "we will suck for the next ten years". The next year we went 13-3.

And that season was about one injury to Romo, this year its nine starters - six of which have played in a Pro Bowl.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I wouldn't go as far as LIKE but im comfortable getting them back for 2021 healthy and making run without having to do all the high risk outside the box decsions they were forced too..you are correct there, some of the shocking play calls and head scratching what the flip was that most likely came from desperation and the risk was felt to be necessary to try and win game ..

it failed but most likely would have failed anyway..

If those high risk calls had happened when the team record was 8-4 or similar then I would question some of them but with this wacky season it really does not matter.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Maybe you slept through 1989 and the late eighties in general.

You are never going to reassure the handwringing type just take solace in the knowledge that this coaching staff and most of the players are going to come back next year regardless of how much they wring their hands

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This is the worst football we’ve seen since 2015. Maybe before that. I’m not seeing what there is to like. Injuries, the team lacks any heart. Unnecessary coaching risks are costing us games. Our star players who manage to stay in the lineup are coming up small, and we’re failing to deliver in the worst division in football. It’s boring to watch, and there’s little hope of it improving in the next few seasons. It’s awful.

CyberB0b

Village Idiot
Reaction score
How was the offense stale with Dak at QB?

They were leading the league in total yards and passing yards.

They were 2nd in point scored.

The 2nd place team passing yards was 300 yards behind the Cowboys.

Yeah and we still managed to lose 3/5 games with Dak, mainly due to the turnover differential and terrible coaching. The offensive line is in shambles and the entire middle of the defense needs an overhaul. You've got some stones saying you like what you see after that Thanksgiving embarrassment.

FVSTONE

Reaction score
Right, because Garrett proved he'd be able to win without his starting QB, most of the starting offensive line, and a RB that has almost as many fumbles as he has yards rushing. (exaggerated for effect)
When we finish 2-14 next year let me know how that's working out for ya......haaaaaa!