I like what i saw from Lance

TwentyOne

Reaction score
He did not nest out Jimmy G.

You believe he beat out Jimmy G. and then lost to Sam Darnold? How does that make sense?

The Niners recognized he needed experience and made him the starter by default. They believed they had a good enough roster to win with him, while getting him the experience he desperately needed.
You did not read my inital posting. Read it and you wont make such false posts.

Then come back and id be happy to discuss further. But first get some knowledge about the facts. Else its just a waste of time to talk to you.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
I expected that kind of answer from you.

You produce a lot of lurid headlines.
But when you have to walk the walk you puss out.

You are nothing more than hot air.
“puss out”

Man I haven’t heard that one in a long time. LMAO.

Chasing6

Reaction score
You did not read my inital posting. Read it and you wont make such false posts.

Then come back and id be happy to discuss further. But first get some knowledge about the facts. Else its just a waste of time to talk to you.
He did not beat out Jimmy G.

Chasing6

Reaction score
I expected that kind of answer from you.

You produce a lot of lurid headlines.
But when you have to walk the walk you puss out.

You are nothing more than hot air.
It would be easier to post the limited positives.

Chasing6

Reaction score
Huge difference between I think the team is ready versus Trance is ready.

https://syndication.bleacherreport....ady-for-trey-lance-to-be-starting-qb.amp.html

"I think our team's ready for Trey, going through OTAs," Shanahan told Tim Kawakami of The Athletic on The TK Show (h/t Rohan Chakravarthi of 49ers Webzone). "I'm just pumped to get to work and provide him some practices cuz I know the kid has the ability. He's made of the right stuff. He just needs the reps, and he's gotta start banking those."

hornitosmonster

Reaction score
I have to admit i was very surprised by all the negative threads and posts about Lance. I was irritated because i liked what i saw from him.

I can understand that some were disappointed. But i think those people are not aware where Lance does come from - how his career looked so far. So let me clarify a bit, maybe you all will change your opinion.

Trey Lance has essentially no game experience at the position. He made a very quick jump from college to the pros.

colllege career:

1. year: redshirted it
2. year: Lance played his only season in college. He broke several records.
3. year: The season was postponed becasue of COVID. He played only one game. When the season was scheduled to be continued in early 2021 Lance opted to declare for the NFL draft.

NFL career:

2021: He was drafted and was 2nd QB in that season. Never was the starter and sat behind Garappolo. He took over for an injured Garappolo. Got injured himself in that game. Essentially he was the no 2 QB and had only a few plays that season.
2022: Starter over Garappolo. Season ending ankle injury during week 2. Needed two surgeries. In 2022 Purdy took over and led the 49ers to the NFC Championship game
2023: Lance got traded to us also because the 49ers found themself their franchise qb.

Conclusion:

So Lance played essentially 16 Games (+3 in those other 2 seasons) during his college career.
Then in the NFL has basically no (~ 3 games) experience.

Lance was a high draft pick that cost the 49ers a lot. The 49ers found a gem with Purdy. So their investment for Lance can be projected on Purdy. They have what they want, for them it doesnt matter for whom they invested their picks.

Lances career can be compared to the late career with the career ending injury of Tony Romo: Romo got hurt, Dak was found by Dallas and Dallas never looked back. Same with the 49ers with Purdy and Lance.

What did i see, what did i like:

So now that we all know how little experience Lance has i was surprised how positive he looked during the game.

- I think he controlled the play calls very well
- he also audibled some. Which i didnt expect him to be able to do. He looked in control during those times.
- He looked calm during passing downs. managed the pocket well. He showed some jitters but so few that i also was surprised by his calmness.
- Some throws were overthrown, but they were still good reads. Not being able to read a defense is hard to teach or takes at least some time (just look at our "best shape of my life" QB). I was surprised he seems to be able to do that with that less of experience.
- That overthrow stuff to me right now is less concerning. Will he do it in half a year ask me again about it.
- the guy makes throwing look so natural and easy. I havent seen that in an QB for quite some time.
- i like the way he buys time in the pocket. It looks like he needs just two steps to find himself outside the tackle box and have bought him enough time to find a free receiver. That you cant teach in my opinion.
- the guy is a real threat in the running game.

Overall i liked what i have seen from Lance. I never expected him to be near a nfl starting level. I read so much negativ stuff during last season and this off season about his development. But nothing seems to be really true after this first ps game. I am really looking forward watching him in game 2.
I mean he is the starting QB after this season...Dak will be in NY with Belichick

conner01

Reaction score
Not sure you can learn awareness which he lacks in spades.
Accuracy is not there. Can’t make quick decisions and doesn’t get the offensive scheme. Not getting what the offense is doing is most troubling since he had a year to learn it

conner01

Reaction score
I mean he is the starting QB after this season...Dak will be in NY with Belichick
I wouldn’t bet on him being here next year. The odds of Dak being here is better than him being here and neither are very high odds. Lance is a free agent so they’d have to sign most likely for more than he gets now which is way too much for him

TwentyOne

Reaction score
He did not beat out Jimmy G.
HE DID NOT!!!!!!!

iu

Its ok you are right.

As long as you behave well and we all have quiet again

RonWashington

Reaction score
I saw some things I liked as well . His escapability was nice . Now on the run he has to look downfield hit an open receiver not settle for the escape .