I love me some Andy Dalton

Status
Not open for further replies.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
Andy is a GREAT BACKUP option and thank god he is here, and i already see the real Cowboys fans saying they will not let the trolls drag them into hating Andy for no reason as they do Dak....Dak will be back and lead this team again, lets hope Dalton can find great times this year in Dallas and earn himself a big payday on a team that needs him to start next year....to the fans on the cusp of bitter...Don't do it man it's football idiocy to judge a QB because you like the one he had to replace because of injury...

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
People don't realize he was a pro bowler...but he was. This could be your comeback player of the year...As for yesterday...as soon as he got on the field...the offense changed....it was much smoother. Players didn't have to stop their routes to catch passes. I think the sky is the limit for him.

What a crock. If Gallup didn't make some great circus catches the Cowboys would still be at 1 win. As admitted by the players they played really hard to honor Prescott not anything that Dalton did like throwing passes that required great athletic catches.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
The Dalton fantasies, like the Clemson Barbie dreams, are going come down hard on a few people. :popcorn:

jnday

Reaction score
You're happy for a much lesser QB? We finally have a starting caliber QB???

Screenshot-20200716-113733-Chrome.jpg

:facepalm:
A lesser QB? Dalton has won as many games as Dak this year. He is much cheaper and Dalton possesses traits that Dak will never have. At this point in his career, Dalton will start declining, but during his prime, his numbers were almost identical to Dak’s numbers. Dak has padded his stats with garbage time play, but Dalton has been to the playoffs much more with teams that wasn’t so great talent-wise. How many wins have Dak led this team to this year? If Atlanta had not made a stupid special teams blunder, it would be zero. The best point that will be proven in that there are other QBs that could be just as successful as Dak, if not more so, that don’t demand 40 million a year and they won’t destroy the salary cap by being overpayed.

dragon_mikal

Fire Garrett
Reaction score
What a crock. If Gallup didn't make some great circus catches the Cowboys would still be at 1 win. As admitted by the players they played really hard to honor Prescott not anything that Dalton did like throwing passes that required great athletic catches.

The team was 1-3 with Dak starting so it’s not like losing him derailed a SB season. The team was bad with Dak.

So what’s all the fuss about?

dsturgeon

Reaction score
Dalton has experience, and can throw. The cowboys are stacked at receiver and rb. It is up to the coaches to design plays that will work with him, and keep him upright with the o-line.

Zman5

Reaction score
Lets watch the coming ganes before you cruzify me.

4 mil qb established a game winning drive.
Compared to a 31mil qb who established two game ending ints.

Pretty sure you were hating on Dak when he was a 400K QB winning a playoff game in 2018.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
Dalton has experience, and can throw. The cowboys are stacked at receiver and rb. It is up to the coaches to design plays that will work with him, and keep him upright with the o-line.

This works both ways though, the team was 1-3 with Dak literally breaking passing records, to your point it would be ridiculous to think we are about to get better QB play from a backup.....so we have to start running the ball better, how much are you willing to bet on that with this injury riddin O-Line? the defense ...well they just gave up 30 to the giants...

dsturgeon

Reaction score
This works both ways though, the team was 1-3 with Dak literally breaking passing records, to your point it would be ridiculous to think we are about to get better QB play from a backup.....so we have to start running the ball better, how much are you willing to bet on that with this injury riddin O-Line? the defense ...well they just gave up 30 to the giants...

I never said anything about dalton being better. The team can better and win more while losing something at qb. The o'line can improve as they get used to each other, the defense can improve with time played in the new scheme and players coming back from injury.

If they start running more and play balanced, it will help both the qb and the defense.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
I never said anything about dalton being better. The team can better and win more while losing something at qb. The o'line can improve as they get used to each other, the defense can improve with time played in the new scheme and players coming back from injury.

If they start running more and play balanced, it will help both the qb and the defense.

I completley agree but i have doubts that they can make this O-line ok with it's current personel, if we continue to get behind, and nothing they have shown me says we wont, the passing game will continue to be the only option. I don't think they are not running the ball by design, they are being forced to throw the ball because of the game situation and I don't see that changing.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Can't wait to see all the excuses for Dalton from this seemingly lost group of fans.

Dak literally set an NFL record through the first 4 games of the season and you think that's not starting calibre. Seriously, *** is wrong with you?
but Dak couldn't lead the offense to score in 2 consecutive quarters against Cleveland.....Dak sucks :cool:

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
but Dak couldn't lead the offense to score in 2 consecutive quarters against Cleveland.....Dak sucks :cool:

I know right, we lost to the sucky Browns...whats thier record again? The worst part is how hard its going to be celebrating wins now because of the ridiculous threads that will be started...screw the trolls I'm going to enjoy any success Andy gets knowing it helps him get a knew contract next year with a team that needs him and gets us a comp pick.

tunahelper

Reaction score
I like Dalton and I think he will do well. Now that doesn't mean I dislike Dak. Dalton with the WR's and EE he will look better than he did in Cincinnati. He will get the offese stabilized even with this piece together OL.

Run the ball and play action identity.

You're happy for a much lesser QB? We finally have a starting caliber QB???

Screenshot-20200716-113733-Chrome.jpg

:facepalm:

bigE79

Reaction score
Get out of here with that. If you've been here this entire time, then you've also watched Dak haters continually move the goal posts on what qualifies Dak as a good QB. Can't read the field (yep, turns out he can). Can't throw over the middle (yep, turns out he can). Not accurate (actually very accurate). Can't throw deep (really wrong). Can't go over 200 yds passing (he he he). Can't come back (oops, wrong again). And so on and so on.

There have been probably +20 reasons why Dak isn't good enough to be the starting QB for the Cowboys, and every single has been proven wrong. It's complete and utter BS.
Dude..you are way too emotional over a football player who has no clue you exist..you need to take a step back and breath.

conner01

Reaction score
Please stop the trolling guys or the thread will be deleted.

I wish all the best for Dak still i am happy we finally have a starting caliber QB.
We’ve had a much superior QB for a few years
Dalton will do well with the receivers here, but there is a reason he was availible fairly cheaply
His franchise QB days are behind him and his backup QB days have began

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
I like Dalton and I think he will do well. Now that doesn't mean I dislike Dak. Dalton with the WR's and EE he will look better than he did in Cincinnati. He will get the offese stabilized even with this piece together OL.

Run the ball and play action identity.

I need you to show me exactly how the offense will now be stabalized? Again i don't think they have been throwing the ball by design, when your down big you have to throw the ball......I like Andy also but what about this running game has shown you that they can do a version of the 2016 offense? and remember the other team is comming right back with a TD as soon as they get the ball.

Status
Not open for further replies.