I re-watched the Philly and N.O games last night

Verdict

Reaction score
All will be forgiven as far as Stephens penny pinching in free agency, if he does the same when it comes to paying dak

Ima be pissed off they are having a hard time getting a deal done with Tank, to turn around and willingly give Dak $30m. Hes worth a Bortles-like contract, at the mac

I would also hope that Stephen's frugality applies to Dak,

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That is a legitimate concern. Teams are approaching the QB situation in the wrong way. They are desperate for a typical QB so if they think they might have one (even if he is a counterfeit) they pay just based on the belief. Even journeyman QBs are getting paid.

It is better to draft multiple QBs, create competition, and make the QB worry about his spot rather than anointing him as the next best thing and bowing down to him. If QB really is THE most important position on the field why would you be throwing a dart at it every year hoping to hit pay dirt.

If the Cowboys don't think Rush or White can be THE guy they should jettison both this offseason and add two or three more QBs in the mix.

Learn the lessons other teams already have. The top 6 highest-paid quarterbacks all watched the playoffs from home. That's not coincidence, it's a message.

A few guys like Manning, Brady, and Brees were such difference makers that it was actually worth paying them the money. But then, teams got so terrified of not having one that they swung the pendulum the other way, to the point of overpaying average quarterbacks like Cousins, Carr, and Alex Smith crazy money that they never deserved.

Don't emulate that mistake, learn from it.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
So it's coaching.......hmmm interesting

Do the math.

Keenum, Foles, and Goff were all terrible under Fisher, like everyone else while he was there.

They get away from him?

Suddenly they can all play! And they're going to and winning Super Bowls.

It's not hard to see what the real problem was.

superonyx

Reaction score
And I will counter with these games as reasons not to pay him:

Indy
Carolina
Denver
Chargers
Rams both times
First two Seahawk games
Texans
And I will counter with his entire career why to pay him.

Career QB rating 96
Td's 67
Int 25
Yards 10,800
944 yards rushing
18 rushing TDs

Win/Loss record 33/18

pick some sour cherries if it makes you feel worse.
I'm going by his entire career so far.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score

Indy
Carolina
Denver
Chargers
Rams both times
First two Seahawk games
Texans
Dak played well in both Rams games and the defense lost both of them. Without Dak the team isn't within 8 points against the Rams in the playoff game. Zeke did nothing, it was Dak who got us back in the game.

Carolina game the entire team wasn't ready because they didn't play in pre-season but ok i will give you that.

Indy everybody played bad but sure we can blame only Dak.

Chargers again defense have up how many points.

Denver he had some bad picks no debate there.

Houston was on Garrett

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
And I will counter with his entire career why to pay him.

Career QB rating 96
Td's 67
Int 25
Yards 10,800
944 yards rushing
18 rushing TDs

Win/Loss record 33/18

pick some sour cherries if it makes you feel worse.
I'm going by his entire career so far.
1. You dont pay a QB based on what hes done, you pay him based on what hes going to do

2. Dak’s worst stretch of performance came when the team around him deteriorated (Zeke suspension, tyron injury, no number 1 receiver). You pay him $30m, guess whats going to happen?? The team around him will deteriorate because we wont be able to pay everyone

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
Dak played well in both Rams games and the defense lost both of them. Without Dak the team isn't within 8 points against the Rams in the playoff game. Zeke did nothing, it was Dak who got us back in the game.

Carolina game the entire team wasn't ready because they didn't play in pre-season but ok i will give you that.

Indy everybody played bad but sure we can blame only Dak.

Chargers again defense have up how many points.

Denver he had some bad picks no debate there.

Houston was on Garrett
Dak did not play well in both games. In the first game, he scored a grand total of 6 points in the second half.
The second game, he went 1 for 10 on third down. I dont know where percy is at, but im pretty sure teams dont win in the playoffs by converting 10% of third downs. Them stopping Zeke proves my point that he shouldnt get $30m

Carolina game- fumbled the game away in the final possession, where we couldve tied the game up. He also threw the most pathetic pass ive ever seen when Jarwin was wide open for a TD and he skipped it to him.

Colts- Shutout. Nothing more to be said

Chargers- Pathetic. 6 points at home on Thanksgiving.

Denver- Got out played by Trevor friggin Siemien smh

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score

Indy
Carolina
Denver
Chargers
Rams both times
First two Seahawk games
Texans

You shouldn't use the Rams playoff game lmao

I'll counter with
Giants #2 in 2017
Detriot in 2016
Chicago in 2016
Pit in 2016
Wash #1 in 2018
Cindy in 2016
Detroit in 2018
San Fran in 2017
Wash #2 in 2018
Giants #2 in 2018
Green Bay in playoffs

Southern0005

Reaction score
The game where he threw for damn near 500 yards and 3 TDs, and won in overtime vs the defending super bowl champs nonetheless made you feel that he wasn’t worth paying that?

What about the giants game week 17, or the first playoff game of his career where he went toe to toe with Rodgers in lambeau.Even the Seattle game, where he sacirificed his body to get that huge 3rd and 14. His passing numbers are more than adequate. His ability to make you pay on the ground and his intangibles/willingness to win are what makes him special.

Wasn't nothing about Philly's 3rd and 4th string secondary "defending superbowl champs" not a single CB and only 1 safety was on that team. Honestly not a single CB in that game was even a Eagle 2 weeks prior ...so grats on that 500 yard game and needing OT to beat a practice squad def.

Number1

Reaction score
games last night. First of all, how great is it that you can just go on youtube and re-watch an entire game.. Awesome.

Dak is no 30 mil a year QB. Not even close. He is a tough guy and I like him and he may develop into a really good QB someday but there is no way I would pay him the figures being floated around right now.

I recall those games. Did you see a $30 QB on the other side of the field in those games?

glimmerman

Reaction score
Some really just don’t like Dak as our QB. I don’t think any player should make 30 million a year but he has ranked right up there in the top with his play. He is a gamer and makes the plays in the 4th quarter. He is a leader. He will improve. Or I will say he should improve. I have no problem with them waiting till seasons end to do the contract.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
That's a load of crap. The Super Bowl MVP for the champs you just mentioned in your prior post just signed for $22 million a year and incentives.

That number is down, not up.

Some teams, and some people are actually learning lessons from these bloated contracts. Not you obviously, and likely not this team when they insist on overpaying as well.

Dak is lightyears ahead of Foles at the same point in their careers.
Claiming Dak should be paid less than a guy that won a SB on a SB worth team in 7th year in the league makes absolutely zero sense.

When discussing contracts, Foles is about as far away of a comparison point as it can get. You know that, but you're sticking to it.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Dak is lightyears ahead of Foles at the same point in their careers.
Claiming Dak should be paid less than a guy that won a SB on a SB worth team in 7th year in the league makes absolutely zero sense.

You go ahead and overpay him then.

That makes "absolutely zero sense".

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Wasn't nothing about Philly's 3rd and 4th string secondary "defending superbowl champs" not a single CB and only 1 safety was on that team. Honestly not a single CB in that game was even a Eagle 2 weeks prior ...so grats on that 500 yard game and needing OT to beat a practice squad def.

troll-alert-gif-2.gif

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
You shouldn't use the Rams playoff game lmao

I'll counter with
Giants #2 in 2017
Detriot in 2016
Chicago in 2016
Pit in 2016
Wash #1 in 2018
Cindy in 2016
Detroit in 2018
San Fran in 2017
Wash #2 in 2018
Giants #2 in 2018
Green Bay in playoffs
If you think he played well or even at the level of a $30m QB in that Ram playoff game, youre delusional

1 for 10 on 3rd down

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score

Eagles starting defense against Cowboys week 14

Brandon Graham
Michael Bennett
Fletcher Cox
Haloti Ngata
Nigel Bradham
Kami Grugier-Hill
Rasul Douglas
Sidney Jones
Malcolm Jenkins
Corey Graham
Creveon LeBlanc

Lol, yeah a practice squad defense. I swear the daktractors will come up with anything.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
If you think he played well or even at the level of a $30m QB, youre delusional

1 for 10 on 3rd down

Doesnt mean you should use it as a game for your defense lmao.

God I love that every single person harps on the 3rd down conversion. It shows they didnt go back and watch the game. You showed your hand. And even bringing up a team stat to try to discredit an individual's performance. Lmao.
You better start using W-L for Dak then if that's the case.