I re-watched the Philly and N.O games last night

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
I agree with a lot of what you are saying, but what happened vs the Rams in the divisional round. Where were the intangibles. We needed him to make a few plays with his legs. He had opportunities and never used his legs to extend drives. The it factor was not there vs the Rams! That is concerning to me.
Dak brought us back with a chance to tie the game. You are just going to forget the fact the defense gave up almost 300 yards rushing and allowed Goff to run 11 yards for a first down to ice the game. Dak never got the ball back to even get a drive

BigCatMonaco

Reaction score
Opposing teams game plan Dallas by stopping Zeke not Dak. Unfortunately NFL teams will overpay QBs. I like Dak and think he can improve but right now Zeke is much better at RB than Dak is at QB.

Well, zeke is easily a top 3 back.
Even the most staunch of dak supporters like I don’t claim dak is a top 3 QB

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Nick Foles is a lollipop throw the ball up for grabs quarterback. That interception proved it. Jeffrey's is how tall and he still overthrew him

Hadenough

Reaction score
And I will counter with these games as reasons not to pay him:

Indy
Carolina
Denver
Chargers
Rams both times
First two Seahawk games
Texans
The most disturbing of those games was all summer to prepare for Carolina and he looked awful. The defense confused him. That game in my book was supposed to be very important because Carolina would start the season off owning any tie break over Dallas. Carolina fell on thier own face. While the Cowboys stumble and trip the following week in Seattle.

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Yes go watch the Superbowl again look how horrible Brady and Jared Goff played. Go watch Mahomes in the first half against the Patriots. How horrible he played. Go watch Drew Brees against the Rams how horrible he played. One game means nothing.

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
The most disturbing of those games was all summer to prepare for Carolina and he looked awful. The defense confused him. That game in my book was supposed to be very important because Carolina would start the season off owning any tie break over Dallas. Carolina fell on thier own face. While the Cowboys stumble and trip the following week in Seattle.
Weren't we missing our starting wide receiver tight end and Center at that time

superonyx

Reaction score
1. You dont pay a QB based on what hes done, you pay him based on what hes going to do

2. Dak’s worst stretch of performance came when the team around him deteriorated (Zeke suspension, tyron injury, no number 1 receiver). You pay him $30m, guess whats going to happen?? The team around him will deteriorate because we wont be able to pay everyone
Nor do you ignore what he has done when determining what he will do.
I guess if you subscribe to this fantasy that paying a QB means you can't pay anyone else then I guess you want to forever roll with Rookie QB's. Rivers, Brees, ect also have had their worst years when they had inferior talent around them. When did this become an issue exclusively to Dak?

Any QB worth having is going to get paid. Any. Nick Foles is getting 22M.

superonyx

Reaction score
If you think he played well or even at the level of a $30m QB in that Ram playoff game, youre delusional

1 for 10 on 3rd down
I love the idea that we take a single game, throw out the rest of a career and come on a public forum and make a case that the player sucks because of a few games.

This place never fails to disappoint.

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
13 4th quarter comeback wins. When the ball is in his hands last. That's when he's at its best and that's when the game matters most. The most pressure. The kid is a winner go Cowboys. From the first nap to the last snap everything in between is called football. What matters most it's how you finish.

erod

Reaction score
Such a contract would be the Waterloo for this era of Cowboys football.

Hadenough

Reaction score
Weren't we missing our starting wide receiver tight end and Center at that time
And Dak had Beasley open plenty but the coverage fooled him. Go back and watch the tape. The TE got wide open for an easy TD and Dak under threw him badly.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
games last night. First of all, how great is it that you can just go on youtube and re-watch an entire game.. Awesome.

Dak is no 30 mil a year QB. Not even close. He is a tough guy and I like him and he may develop into a really good QB someday but there is no way I would pay him the figures being floated around right now.
Its a tough situation - don’t want to let him go, but don’t want to make too big a commitment without another year or so to see the progress. But if we wait a year and he does well the pricetag will go higher. I’m personally torn.

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
And Dak had Beasley open plenty but the coverage fooled him. Go back and watch the tape. The TE got wide open for an easy TD and Dak under threw him badly.
Go back and watch the tape. Prescott didn't have time to find him on most plays