I re-watched the Philly and N.O games last night

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
Doesnt mean you should use it as a game for your defense lmao.

God I love that every single person harps on the 3rd down conversion. It shows they didnt go back and watch the game. You showed your hand. And even bringing up a team stat to try to discredit an individual's performance. Lmao.
You better start using W-L for Dak then if that's the case.
This is a pathetic from a pathetic poster.

The QB couldnt convert 3rd downs in the biggest game of his career and that shouldnt be used against him?

Yea we are done here....

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
games last night. First of all, how great is it that you can just go on youtube and re-watch an entire game.. Awesome.

Dak is no 30 mil a year QB. Not even close. He is a tough guy and I like him and he may develop into a really good QB someday but there is no way I would pay him the figures being floated around right now.

Well it’s common sense but there is some delusional people in our organization and fan base that think he is worth that money.

conner01

Reaction score
games last night. First of all, how great is it that you can just go on youtube and re-watch an entire game.. Awesome.

Dak is no 30 mil a year QB. Not even close. He is a tough guy and I like him and he may develop into a really good QB someday but there is no way I would pay him the figures being floated around right now.
I don’t think he’s a 30 mil QB but if that’s the market you either pay it or let him walk

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
So you went back and watched two WIns against good playoff teams and this was your takeaway?

I mean, forget about the fact that he had a combined 108 qb rating in those game and complete 80% of his passes..... LORDY.
Gotcha!
He sure looked foolish choosing those 2 games against those 2 playoff teams to start a thread and complain about Dak deserving to get paid $30 mil/season. :confused::laugh:

75boyz

Reaction score
1. You dont pay a QB based on what hes done, you pay him based on what hes going to do

2. Dak’s worst stretch of performance came when the team around him deteriorated (Zeke suspension, tyron injury, no number 1 receiver). You pay him $30m, guess whats going to happen?? The team around him will deteriorate because we wont be able to pay everyone

Appreciate your specific examples cited from both last year and before. It's like the Elephant or Gorilla in the room that the supporters never mention. Its as though 2017 never happened. Okay, so Fleming is an upgrade to Chaz Green but is he such an upgrade as to starter level production for more than 2 to 3 games? Gotta admit, I have serious concerns with Tyrons ongoing health stuff.
But anyway yeah, take away Zeke or Tyron for any extended period and you get a very limited game manager who is incapable of raising those around him's play. It's the absolute definition of game manager that you dont committ big bucks to. It's so obvious, but I guess it isnt.

I'll go back to lurking and hopefully I won't be penalized for offending as my annual message board sensitivity training certification has expired and I am too often reminded here of such. Good post bro.

Last edited:

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Didn't he have one of the best defenses in history?

That also matters.

Like when you defense give up almost 300 yards rushing to the other team, it makes it almost impossible to win.

It sure does, but at the end of the day, it says Super Bowl Champion on Russel Wilson's resume doesn't it?

Silver N Blue

Reaction score

Absolutely right. Good guy, tough kid, and not a quiter. However the kid will never posses the skills to take his game to the next level. He is what he is as his skillset is the same now as it was coming out of college. Even the Jags get rid of a guy very similar to Dak with the same limitations Dak has. This organization will continue to fail if they continue to reward B level players.

817Gill

Reaction score
People want to wait pay Dak lol, just like waiting to pay DLaw right? 25 m a year will be a normal figure in 2 years. You guys want to wait for Mahomes, Wentz and Goff to reset the market and force us to pay Dak 35M? The longer you wait the more expensive he gets. If he’s your guy you sign him now, you don’t wait until you have to pay even more. We just saw this happen with DLaw.

75boyz

Reaction score
Absolutely right. Good guy, tough kid, and not a quiter. However the kid will never posses the skills to take his game to the next level. He is what he is as his skillset is the same now as it was coming out of college. Even the Jags get rid of a guy very similar to Dak with the same limitations Dak has. This organization will continue to fail if they continue to reward B level players.

This.

Southern0005

Reaction score
Eagles starting defense against Cowboys week 14

Brandon Graham
Michael Bennett
Fletcher Cox
Haloti Ngata
Nigel Bradham
Kami Grugier-Hill
Rasul Douglas
Sidney Jones
Malcolm Jenkins
Corey Graham
Creveon LeBlanc

Lol, yeah a practice squad defense. I swear the daktractors will come up with anything.

Sidney is the 4th Cb on that roster, Rasual 5th, Crevon 6th and signed a week before. Corey is a backup and a poor one at that. Not to mention Ngata is a backup too. You just proved my point on that secondary though ....thanks

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
This is a pathetic from a pathetic poster.

The QB couldnt convert 3rd downs in the biggest game of his career and that shouldnt be used against him?

Yea we are done here....
Our QB scored at the 5th highest points per drive in that game, in the biggest game of his career. What matters more? Points or team 3rd diwn conversion when winning a game? Not yards, not first downs, you focus on team 3rd down conversion because it's the absolute only thing that fits your narrative LMAO.

God I know you're such a waste of time but I guess I'll detail it again, even though you are going to remain ignorant.

1st 3rd down: 3rd and 9 after two failed Zeke rushes. Dak completes pass beyond the sticks to Cooper and Cooper runs backwards to try and avoid tackle. YOU'RE PINNING THAT ON DAK BECAUSE YOU DIDNT WATCH THE GAME!?!? LMAO. Pathetic poster. They then convert 4th down making the missed 3rd down obsolete a didnt affect the game at all, Dak goes on to throw a TD to Cooper. Pathetic poster. So to summarize that failed 3rd down that was a good play by Dak that you're focusing on resulted in a TD even though he was but in a bad position with 3rd and 9.

2nd: 3rd and 9 after failed Zeke rush and failed screen to Tavon. Pressure gets to Dak immediately on all out blitz, Dak almost makes fantastic throw while being dragged down to Gallup. They only rushed four on this play and three got pressure. Pathetic poster.

3rd: 3rd and 5 and Dak misses Cooper.

4th: 3rd and 4 after Cooper drops sideline catch on 2nd down. Dak converts to Jarwin. Pathetic poster

5th: La'el Collins incorrectly gets called for a sack. Pathetic poster.

6th: 3rd and 8 after failed Zeke rush and Zeke outlet pass. Nothing was open had to check down to Zeke incomplete anand wouldn't have got the first down.

7th: 3rd and 10. Hits Gallup for 9 yards and they convert on 4th down not effecting the outcome of the game at all. Pathetic poster. Ends with a BEAUTIFUL over the shoulder pass to Gallup to set up 1st and goal with a TD. So you're trying to use 3rd down conversion yet they scored 8 points. Pathetic poster.

8th: 3rd and 14. Dak throws another BEAUTIFUL sideline throw to Noah Brown on the run in a pressure situation leaving it at 4th and 1. PATHETIC POSTER. We dont convert the 4th down with a Zeke rush attempt.

9th: Linehan decides to run on 2nd and and 10 after Gallup drop which results in a, let me know if you've heard this before, failed Zeke rush setting up 3rd and 8. Dak completes the pass to Cooper for 8 yards and he can't beat his man to the sticks. 4th down and they convert again with a Dak rush. PATHETIC POSTER. They end up scoring another 7 points, and not effecting the game at all.

10th: Same drive 3rd and 3 after completion for 9 yards on 1st down and then a Zeke loss of two who couldn't beat one man again. Incomplete pass to Zeke. On 4th down THEY CONVERT AGAIN IN DAKS MOST IMPORTANT GAME OF HIS LIFE. Scores 7 points and doesnt effect the game. Do it need to say it again? Pathetic poster.

Now was Dak even better kn 1st, 2nd, and 4th down? Oh yeah.

Don't say stupid stuff and you wont be made to look as stupid. Tuck and run.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
And I will counter with these games as reasons not to pay him:

Indy
Carolina
Denver
Chargers
Rams both times
First two Seahawk games
Texans
Both Rams games?

Hmm, let's see how Dak faired against those Rams in 2017 regular season and 2018 playoffs...

2017 regular season: Cowboys vs Rams

2018 season playoffs: Cowboys @ Rams

Dak played great and actually improved.

You were saying?

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
Our QB scored at the 5th highest points per drive in that game, in the biggest game of his career. What matters more? Points or team 3rd diwn conversion when winning a game? Not yards, not first downs, you focus on team 3rd down conversion because it's the absolute only thing that fits your narrative LMAO.

God I know you're such a waste of time but I guess I'll detail it again, even though you are going to remain ignorant.

1st 3rd down: 3rd and 9 after two failed Zeke rushes. Dak completes pass beyond the sticks to Cooper and Cooper runs backwards to try and avoid tackle. YOU'RE PINNING THAT ON DAK BECAUSE YOU DIDNT WATCH THE GAME!?!? LMAO. Pathetic poster. They then convert 4th down making the missed 3rd down obsolete a didnt affect the game at all, Dak goes on to throw a TD to Cooper. Pathetic poster. So to summarize that failed 3rd down that was a good play by Dak that you're focusing on resulted in a TD even though he was but in a bad position with 3rd and 9.

2nd: 3rd and 9 after failed Zeke rush and failed screen to Tavon. Pressure gets to Dak immediately on all out blitz, Dak almost makes fantastic throw while being dragged down to Gallup. They only rushed four on this play and three got pressure. Pathetic poster.

3rd: 3rd and 5 and Dak misses Cooper.

4th: 3rd and 4 after Cooper drops sideline catch on 2nd down. Dak converts to Jarwin. Pathetic poster

5th: La'el Collins incorrectly gets called for a sack. Pathetic poster.

6th: 3rd and 8 after failed Zeke rush and Zeke outlet pass. Nothing was open had to check down to Zeke incomplete anand wouldn't have got the first down.

7th: 3rd and 10. Hits Gallup for 9 yards and they convert on 4th down not effecting the outcome of the game at all. Pathetic poster. Ends with a BEAUTIFUL over the shoulder pass to Gallup to set up 1st and goal with a TD. So you're trying to use 3rd down conversion yet they scored 8 points. Pathetic poster.

8th: 3rd and 14. Dak throws another BEAUTIFUL sideline throw to Noah Brown on the run in a pressure situation leaving it at 4th and 1. PATHETIC POSTER. We dont convert the 4th down with a Zeke rush attempt.

9th: Linehan decides to run on 2nd and and 10 after Gallup drop which results in a, let me know if you've heard this before, failed Zeke rush setting up 3rd and 8. Dak completes the pass to Cooper for 8 yards and he can't beat his man to the sticks. 4th down and they convert again with a Dak rush. PATHETIC POSTER. They end up scoring another 7 points, and not effecting the game at all.

10th: Same drive 3rd and 3 after completion for 9 yards on 1st down and then a Zeke loss of two who couldn't beat one man again. Incomplete pass to Zeke. On 4th down THEY CONVERT AGAIN IN DAKS MOST IMPORTANT GAME OF HIS LIFE. Scores 7 points and doesnt effect the game. Do it need to say it again? Pathetic poster.

Now was Dak even better kn 1st, 2nd, and 4th down? Oh yeah.

Don't say stupid stuff and you wont be made to look as stupid. Tuck and run.
We need a slaughtered emoji. Cuz my boi QCE out here slaughtering fools. Come on QCE you know its because they are blinded by their emotional attachment to Romo

Little Jr

Reaction score
Take a look at those top 6 QB contracts. The majority of them, the team's that are in them would love to get out if they could.

That's a lesson to be learned. A cautionary tale of what NOT TO DO.

But why do I get the feeling that this team will yet again be late to realize what everyone else is learning? And they'll not only rush to overpay, but rush to overpay earlier than they ever needed to.
The teams with the top 6 paid qbs, if they were told they would take no cap hit for cutting those player's, they would still not cut them. Oak would be the one that might because of their draft picks and rumors are they might do that.

4 of the top 6 just signed last off season and your saying already they would get out of them if they could? Have no clue where you came up with this conclusion. Minn might be the closest and they have nothing in place to replace cousins so no, they wouldn't get out if it if they could.

GB wouldn't get out and are not regretting paying Rodgers. Atl isnt regretting siginng Ryan and wouldn't get out. They both just signed last season and haven't had time to regret it. SF isnt regretting siginng Jimmy G and again, just signed him last season and haven't had the time to regret it. Stafford contract was his 3rd big contract so they obviously dont regret it and wouldn't get out considering they've had multiple chances to get out previously . Carr and cousins are the only 2 that teams could be regretting and would get out if they could. Carr definitely but cousin's just signed last year so teams aren't usually like fans and overreact to things fans do.

It's not hurting SF, GB, Det, and Oak cap considering they've been active in FA and still have 57m, 15m, 29m, and 32m in cap space. Atl and Minn has 6m and 2m with both teams having other players high cap hits. With Minn just siginng one of their own and Atl having Garrett on a tag only making 1m less than Ryan.

Just wondering what teams have learned with these contracts. If someone doesn't think Dak is worth 25m+ a year and they think it's just wasited money, I get it, don't agree, but I get it. I'm there with Dlaw. The money he's asking for I don't think he deserves. But it wouldn't kill out cap. It wouldnt put us in the mythical cap hell. It would just be money that shouldn't have been spent. Same with dak. It's not going to put us in the mythical cap hell.

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
The game where he threw for damn near 500 yards and 3 TDs, and won in overtime vs the defending super bowl champs nonetheless made you feel that he wasn’t worth paying that?

What about the giants game week 17, or the first playoff game of his career where he went toe to toe with Rodgers in lambeau.Even the Seattle game, where he sacirificed his body to get that huge 3rd and 14. His passing numbers are more than adequate. His ability to make you pay on the ground and his intangibles/willingness to win are what makes him special.
I agree with a lot of what you are saying, but what happened vs the Rams in the divisional round. Where were the intangibles. We needed him to make a few plays with his legs. He had opportunities and never used his legs to extend drives. The it factor was not there vs the Rams! That is concerning to me.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
We need a slaughtered emoji. Cuz my boi QCE out here slaughtering fools. Come on QCE you know its because they are blinded by their emotional attachment to Romo

@WillieBeamen should honestly just delete his account after that one. He's done. It's over. There's no coming back now.

Pathetic poster.