I really don't understand a lot of you about Dak

Status
Not open for further replies.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
The defense held SF to 19 points in last season's playoff, even with Dak handing them a score on a short field pick. All he could put up was 12.
The defense played well enough to win that game but Dak was terrible. That was his worst playoff game in my opinion. We couldn’t generate any offense.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
When was the parade? I must have missed it. There is a site with pictures so I can go look them up though right?

They beat up a team that shouldn't have been in the playoffs. The league has increased the number of teams that make the playoffs so much it waters down the wild card games very badly. The result was a predictable W against that weaker team. Then when playing a more playoff worthy team the next week Dak lead the offense to 9 points and 3 of those came from the long kick return from Turpin. And who could forget that great 206 yard performance and 2 int's? Not many.
They’ll never be a parade with your plan. It would be more like attending a funeral every week on this board with some of the ideas you have. You’ll leave us playing ini mini miny moe at QB every few games trying to find an answer. That could go on for years. We’ll end up exactly like Washington, going through veteran castoffs and having to burn draft picks trying to find a QB. Hard to build a great team when you’re wasting draft picks in QBs. We got beat up the previous week last year by a bad Washington team with a rookie QB making their first NFL start. Anytime you face Tom Brady in a playoff game especially on the road records don’t matter. It didn’t matter that we had 12 wins this season and Green Bay only had 9.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
They’ll never be a parade with your plan. It would be more like attending a funeral every week on this board with some of the ideas you have. You’ll leave us playing ini mini miny moe at QB every few games trying to find an answer. That could go on for years. We’ll end up exactly like Washington, going through veteran castoffs and having to burn draft picks trying to find a QB. Hard to build a great team when you’re wasting draft picks in QBs. We got beat up the previous week last year by a bad Washington team with a rookie QB making their first NFL start. Anytime you face Tom Brady in a playoff game especially on the road records don’t matter. It didn’t matter that we had 12 wins this season and Green Bay only had 9.
Daks regular season stats dont matter but CD's and Micah's now ..they matter.. use your eyes..i get your point, some never will because admitting the problem is the one problem we cant replace is more than they can take...

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Daks regular season stats dont matter but CD's and Micah's now ..they matter.. use your eyes..i get your point, some never will because admitting the problem is the one problem we cant replace is more than they can take...
The problem with the Cowboys is no one is showing up in the playoffs. If it was just Dak crapping the bed, then it would make it very easy to move on. However, no one is showing up. Our playoff struggles are a team failure.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
The problem with the Cowboys is no one is showing up in the playoffs. If it was just Dak crapping the bed, then it would make it very easy to move on. However, no one is showing up.
100%

HanD

Reaction score
If we want to pay our QB less, we’ll have to find a lesser QB. We’re not going to make the playoffs with a lesser QB much less win a championship. You can’t go cheaper at the QB position and expect to build a great team. That’s not what teams are doing.
If we are still concerned about making the playoffs, i think we wouldn't take any steps back with Mayfield minshew tannehill brissett or guys like Geno smith who make 30m less if we can spend that on our other weaknesses.

After the last game, I don't believe dak will ever get over the hump without a great team. He wasn't the sole problem but he didn't help one bit. You can't pay him what he's gonna want. I'd take him for 30-40m but he surely won't take that. So you either tank or you keep drafting QBs while using journeymen and being competitive.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Not to mention that former players are notoriously bad analyzers.
Non players are not any better. If you never strapped it on and left your blood on the field....you shouldn't criticize. Just my opinion

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
If we are still concerned about making the playoffs, i think we wouldn't take any steps back with Mayfield minshew tannehill brissett or guys like Geno smith who make 30m less if we can spend that on our other weaknesses.

After the last game, I don't believe dak will ever get over the hump without a great team. He wasn't the sole problem but he didn't help one bit. You can't pay him what he's gonna want. I'd take him for 30-40m but he surely won't take that. So you either tank or you keep drafting QBs while using journeymen and being competitive.
but you will pay CD and #11 who also didnt help one bit but will absolutley want you to pay top dollar for their regular season production...

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score
If we want to pay our QB less, we’ll have to find a lesser QB. We’re not going to make the playoffs with a lesser QB much less win a championship. You can’t go cheaper at the QB position and expect to build a great team. That’s not what teams are doing.
Many of us rather bleed for the short term to get better than to stay mediocre. Yes we all know about teams like the Lions and Browns of the past, but it is a gamble that after decades of mediocrity we should take. The talent around Dak is going to decrease, but the argument is he needs talent to surround him to succeed. Obviously, we are setup for failure in this scenario

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score
Dak's been bad at the big game before we had a CeeDee or Micah. Yes, you're right, they're the problems, not Dak...

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score
The problem with the Cowboys is no one is showing up in the playoffs. If it was just Dak crapping the bed, then it would make it very easy to move on. However, no one is showing up. Our playoff struggles are a team failure.
You have to start somewhere, why not with the player who negotiated himself to be the most costly contract in our forthcoming Salary Cap Hell and then failed to perform?

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score
Non players are not any better. If you never strapped it on and left your blood on the field....you shouldn't criticize. Just my opinion
So of the people who use that line on here, have hyped and promised that Dak would deliver so much. Now after this playoffs, statistically, he is our biggest choker. Obviously, strapping it up in a high school game didn't make them expert analysts.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Many of us rather bleed for the short term to get better than to stay mediocre. Yes we all know about teams like the Lions and Browns of the past, but it is a gamble that after decades of mediocrity we should take. The talent around Dak is going to decrease, but the argument is he needs talent to surround him to succeed. Obviously, we are setup for failure in this scenario
With the plans some of you have the Cowboys could be bleeding out for years trying to find a trying to find a viable QB. All QBs need talent around them to succeed.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
You have to start somewhere, why not with the player who negotiated himself to be the most costly contract in our forthcoming Salary Cap Hell and then failed to perform?
I’m not starting with my QB until I’m absolutely sure he’s not the answer and I have someone equal or better to replace him with.

Status
Not open for further replies.