I really don't understand a lot of you about Dak

Status
Not open for further replies.

HungryLion

Reaction score
No, I don’t want to go back to that QB situation.

One thing of note with that QB situation was that the cowboys never spent a high pick on a QB. Our FO thought they were cute and drafted drug addicts and signed baseball players.

I want the FO to move on from Dak and be aggressive in trying to get the next GUY. GUY being capitalized because I mean a guy who has it.

The truth even is. The FO got lucky with Romo as an UDFA and they got lucky with Dak. Even though I don’t think Dak is good enough. He is way better than you could typically expect from a late 4th round pick.

Cmac

Reaction score
No but Romo never really choked that bad it was all narrative. His problem was he couldn't stay healthy. It was still time to move on once Dak was established. Now it's time for Dak to move on.
Romo never choked?

The Quest for Six

Reaction score
Dak has been a Top 10 QB for almost all of his career .
He was a MVP candidate this season, yet he gets the blame for every loss and people want to get rid of him.
Do you really want to go back to these types of quarterbacks?
Of Dak was a FA he’d be hotly pursued.
2 playoff wins, 5 loses in 8 years, is that top ten quarterback play??
Was Dak an MVP candidate against playoff contending teams, those are the games that matter, right?
Why is it that we want to go back, why can't we move forward to a better option at QB?
And based on what I just stated, what team is going to hotly pursue Dak in Free agency, where is that evidence??

Jayinem

Reaction score
It's fools gold and we already lived through it with Romo (when he was healthy). Good enough to get the team in the playoffs but not good enough to get far into the playoffs.

Were the 49ers content with Jimmy G who had just got them to a Super Bowl (something Dak never did)? No they were not. They traded heaven and earth for Trey Lance, and yeah that didn't work out but I admire that they tried. And then by luck they got their QB of the future through the last pick of the draft.

Most likely you're going to get your way and Dak will remain a Cowboy until he retires, but then what? You're going to have to start over anyway and I have no faith we'll have Super Bowl trophy 6 at that point with Dak instead of still being stuck at 5. Nothing else matters.

Kingofholland

Reaction score
I don't disagree that Dak has routinely been a top 10ish QB through most of his career in the regular season. I just don't see how that is debatable, but come the playoffs he just hasn't gotten it done. 1 of 7 games in the playoffs offered a strong performance where Dak was a difference maker and that was last year against Tampa. Now I don't expect Dak to ball out every playoff game, thats unrealistic for any QB, but I do expect him to atleast sustain drives to keep the Cowboys in and protect the ball to avoid getting behind.

I like Dak and willing to give him another shot in 24, but at some point the money invested just isn't worth the return. The same was true for Romo. Have to consider moving on from Dak because come playoff time there are plenty of QBs that could deliver a 2-5 record for a fraction of the cost.

wssaustin

Reaction score
You don't get it because it is a simple fact that different people have different expectations.
For country-club-minded fans, he is good enough, over 500, and gets to playoffs. Beating up bad teams and losing against good ones. While there are different groups of fans, rankings/candidates don't matter that much, but playoff records and championships do.

zeke21

Reaction score
The answer is YES I would prefer to go back to that era.. if it means that we are all clear that we need a QB.

Dak has had ample opportunity to demonstrate what he can, and can't, achieve as QB. Whilst on paper he appears better than the era you discuss, the outcomes are the same. Dak has achieved nothing. We have not be a real threat of a Superbowl, we haven't made it even to the NFC championship game.. not even close!

So yes, I would absolutely prefer to move on from Dak.. ideally to find a truly elite QB but if it means cycling through some options then so be it. The one thing we can not do is continue to waste seasons with a guy we KNOW can not win big games.

Dak is a known quantity and the results do not lie. Dak is not a quality QB.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
I'm convinced we have "fans" on this board that would perfer Dak win the MVP than the Cowboys win the Super Bowl.

They'd rather have a QB throw 40 TDs and 8 INTs and lose in the Wild Card game over the QB that throws 30 TDs and 8 INTs but leads is to the Super Bowl.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
He was a MVP candidate this season, yet he gets the blame for every loss and people want to get rid of him.
IMG-4617.jpg
I was shocked to discover that Chad not only was hired for another season after he left here, but Da Bears gave him 5 starts.

Career QB rating of 69. Abysmal.
https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/H/HutcCh00.htm

CowboysLakerBamaFan

Reaction score
IMG-4617.jpg
All I ask is that you go back and rewatch the GB playoff game just ONE time.

If you STILL want to keep Dak after watching him in that game, then the only thing I ask is that you go back and watch it a 2nd time.

And then a 3rd....and a 4th...

Keep watching until it sinks in that THIS does not win you playoff games

28481189-ae92-47bb-afd6-216124ec43b7_750x422.jpg

Pantone282C

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
IMG-4617.jpg
Seriously, dude, are you just starting arguments from boredom? He can't get it done. Regular season stats are empty calories. When the playoffs come around, that sick feeling I get is from the sugar rush bottoming out.

MarionBarberThe4th

Reaction score
I lived through that Era and I will still take the unknown to the known of Dak. Sorry he is a choker that will never get it done. Stop wasting time on him.
It will be impassible to enjoy our team next year Bc the whole thing hinges on the post season anyways

Let the man go have fun with another team . This ain’t it

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
I couldn’t care less what Dak does in regular season (mostly vs bad teams btw). It’s all about him shrinking when it matters most. Move on.
It's about being beaten badly by *coverage*. That's a problem for a QB. A monster rush can make most all QBs look like cr*p, but that's mostly on the oline. If good coverage makes you turtle, you're just not a guy who can lead a team to a ring.

Status
Not open for further replies.