I really don't understand a lot of you about Dak

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Dak has been a Top 10 QB for almost all of his career .
He was a MVP candidate this season, yet he gets the blame for every loss and people want to get rid of him.
Do you really want to go back to these types of quarterbacks?
Of Dak was a FA he’d be hotly pursued.
IMG-4617.jpg

Because people don't believe this photo is possible.

133.jpg

I don't either. Jerry would jump in front of both of them to grab the trophy.

leeblair

Reaction score
He was a MVP candidate this season, yet he gets the blame for every loss and people want to get rid of him.
IMG-4617.jpg
Stats are misleading, and usually used by losers who don't win to try and justify themselves.
Winners don't need stats; winners have trophies.

Dak Prescott plays well when the team carries him and it comes easy. When the team needs him to be the reason they achieve, he's MIA.

erod

Reaction score
Of Dak was a FA he’d be hotly pursued
IMG-4617.jpg
Lol, he's a stat padder who sucks against legit teams every time.

He isn't the only problem, but he's the biggest one.

SlammedZero

Reaction score
This is going to subjective, but he isn't a bad quarterback. He is a good quarterback. That's the problem though. He's a good quarterback, not a great one, and he's getting paid to be great. Plus, this is it with him. We are going into season 9 with him and we've seen his ceiling. It's a player that can win some games for you, no doubt, but when the going gets tough he crumbles.

Good defense rolls into town? He crumbles.
Big game? He crumbles.
Playoff game? He crumbles.

Just take this last playoff game against Green Bay as an example. Sure, the defense did him absolutely zero favors in that game, but he had his chances to drive his team down the field, and failed. Go back and watch it. Passes sailing all over. Passes low. Passes high. INTs. It wasn't good. When you're paid to be great, you need to be GREAT.

He'd be a perfect QB for a team that is trying to come up and win some games while building their roster. He is not a cornerstone franchise player.

plymkr

Reaction score
IMG-4617.jpg
If the season only consisted of the regular season then I’d keep him for life. His playoff performances is the Achilles heel. With his past of bad playoffs I’d rather go in a different direction.

Randall Cunningham was an amazing talent and top 10 QB in his prime and far in the post season. Kirk Cousins is a great regular season QB but bad in prime time and playoffs.

Kingofholland

Reaction score
People say this lazy the same is true of Romo but where are all these playoff games where Romo didn’t do what you yourself asked of the qb in the playoffs?
Romo is often glorified but for what? How is this lazy when Romo was 2-4 in the playoffs? 2 of his least inspiring performances came in the divisional round where he delivered 2 qb ratings below 70. Dak has delivered 2 of those as well. Romo's best playoff game came in 2015 when he threw 19 passes. He also had some stinkers where his team lost 30-3 against the Vikings when he threw no tds, 1 int, and fumbled 3 times. We cannot praise Romo and trash Dak or praise Dak and trash Romo because at the end of the day their outcomes are similar. I hope Dak can shake the Romo comparisons but at the moment their careers are on a similar trajectory. The only difference is Romo made the playoffs 4 out of his 9 years as a starter, while Dak has made the playoffs 5 out of his 8 years as a starter.

Cowboys5217

Reaction score
At some point there has to be a deep playoff run at the end of the Dak rainbow.

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
Did you say the same about Romo?
Nah. Romo led teams that beat good ones or went toe to toe, e.g., Manning’s 9-1 Colts, the 12-0 Saints, Manning’s Broncos, had 140+ rating in the 2014 playoffs, etc. Dak beats up on garbage teams in the regular season (many times relying on the #1 TO defense for multiple years) while generally playing average to bad against good ones in both the regular season games and playoffs.

TwistedL0g1k

Reaction score
Perhaps you should re-watch the first half of the Green Bay loss. The game was over in the first half. It was literally an historic loss. Dak handed the game to the opponent. You're just not going to beat a team in the playoffs with multiple interceptions, a pick 6, and a dumb sack that cost the team a field goal.

After almost a decade of Dak, it's clear what he is: A good but not elite QB. He will never win a championship.

erod

Reaction score
If the season only consisted of the regular season then I’d keep him for life. His playoff performances is the Achilles heel. With his past of bad playoffs I’d rather go in a different direction.

Randall Cunningham was an amazing talent and top 10 QB in his prime and far in the post season. Kirk Cousins is a great regular season QB but bad in prime time and playoffs.
He's never beaten a truly elite team in the regular season either.

hopemsu

Reaction score
It’s a team sport, unfortunately it’s really hard to blame 22 things, same as any argument that has ever been fought. Dak is the money guy so he’s going to take the strong brunt. It is what it is, that position has a lot of pros but losses are the cons. If Dak had Mahomes defense he’d have at least played in 1 Super Bowl by now, but he hasn’t and this is where we are

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
I was at one time a supporter of Dak but it's been 8 years and he's regressed. Sure he can beat the bad and mediocre teams but for the second year in a row he's played awful in the playoffs and it's mental now. We are never going to go anywhere with him . Actually and I thought this would never happen but the last 2 playoff games he makes me actually miss Romo. The defense sucked against GB but Dak gifted them 14 points right off the bat and the game was over. He had that scared look before he ever took the field. I really don't know how anyone can be confident with him going forward. I guess if all you care about is winning NFCE titles then you stick with Dak.

CWR

Reaction score
No but Romo never really choked that bad it was all narrative. His problem was he couldn't stay healthy. It was still time to move on once Dak was established. Now it's time for Dak to move on.
Lol yeah ok.

StarLord

Reaction score
This is going to subjective, but he isn't a bad quarterback. He is a good quarterback. That's the problem though. He's a good quarterback, not a great one, and he's getting paid to be great. Plus, this is it with him. We are going into season 9 with him and we've seen his ceiling. It's a player that can win some games for you, no doubt, but when the going gets tough he crumbles.

Good defense rolls into town? He crumbles.
Big game? He crumbles.
Playoff game? He crumbles.

Just take this last playoff game against Green Bay as an example. Sure, the defense did him absolutely zero favors in that game, but he had his chances to drive his team down the field, and failed. Go back and watch it. Passes sailing all over. Passes low. Passes high. INTs. It wasn't good. When you're paid to be great, you need to be GREAT.

He'd be a perfect QB for a team that is trying to come up and win some games while building their roster. He is not a cornerstone franchise player.
This.. I would add: his choker nature most likely is just getting more ingrained and reinforced each year. He knows he's a choker and each year just adds to it.

J_Allen

Reaction score
If Dak wants any more than $40 million a season that tells you he does not care about winning a championship. That is a selfish as it gets. And according to Stephen a, he's lost the entire Locker room. Close to it. I know he's not a reputable Source but based on actions and comments by digs, lamb, and Parsons I think he has.

I wouldn't pay him anything because we're not getting any further. He can play out this last year and find somewhere else to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.