I really don't understand a lot of you about Dak

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nav22

Reaction score
Every single NFL analyst and personnel expert will say you don't get rid of a 30-year-old All-Pro QB without an upgrade available.

Every single one.

Mediocre, Cheetos-eating fans who aren't even qualified to intern for an NFL team say otherwise.

Who to believe!?!?!?
:lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao2:

Mikexike

Reaction score
Dak has been a Top 10 QB for almost all of his career .
He was a MVP candidate this season, yet he gets the blame for every loss and people want to get rid of him.
Do you really want to go back to these types of quarterbacks?
Of Dak was a FA he’d be hotly pursued.
IMG-4617.jpg
I can honestly ask, What have you been watching in the post season?

Mikexike

Reaction score
I mean are we really taking that big a step back with people like tannehill, Mayfield, minshew brissett, if we can save money and get a better cast around the QB?
Nope, You plug any qb in and a def that can stop the run as a first priority and they go farther than Dak has ever gone.

kskboys

Reaction score
He was a MVP candidate this season, yet he gets the blame for every loss and people want to get rid of him.
IMG-4617.jpg
Because our goal is to get into super bowl contention. Pointing at past warts doesn't make your current wart better.

MikeT22

Reaction score
IMG-4617.jpg
That’s an indictment of our idiot self-proclaimed GM. Only drafted one QB in any of the first three rounds in over 30 years.

Dak can’t get it done. He chokes, panics in high pressure situations and the playoffs. But it doesn’t mean you have to go back to guys like Drew Henson, Hutchinson, Clint Stoerner and Anthony Wright.

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
It's not that he isn't good. He'll win games and make the playoffs. He's just too up and down and I no longer trust him in the playoffs or big moments. I'd rather go back to crap and draft a franchise QB or pay someone less than what he's going to want to maintain stays quo. He isn't worth 50m when he can't carry the team. I'd take him for less money so we can build a better dominant team around him.
I’d take him for less money as well and build it up around him if that is the only way to make it work. I still don’t trust him that if the team around him is struggling he can will them victory. So even if you do get all pros at every position, I still think the results will be the same, but I’m willing to try it if the money is right.

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
Did you say the same about Romo?
Many times actually. What gave people pause was that 2014 season and playoffs with the no catch. He got injured the following year and they realized the running game was a big part of his success, and that made people pause and get excited for 2016. You know the rest.

Jumping forward to this year with the scheme change and how efficient MM got him to play during the season was exciting but things started to get bumpy when the teams got tougher, and came the playoffs he completely reverted to panic Dak. There isn’t something that you can say hey upgrade that and it will change how he performs. He’s had legit run games same outcome, he’s had legit D’s same outcome, we’ve going through WRs same outcome. At some point you have to change the one piece thats been the constant.

Staubacher

Reaction score
As I predicted, the Stans were huddled up the last couple days. And upon resurfacing the best they could come up was this tripe (I thought they were sick of Dak threads). And of course the usual bringing up Romo once they can't defend their boyfriend.

Stannin' ain't easy! Especially after yet another postseason bedwetting.

Pantone282C

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I liked Romo, because he was the best thing that had happened in a while. But, Romo was an accident waiting to happen and would have been crippled had he persisted. He and the Cowboys couldn't win the big games either. With KM and Romo down again with injuries, along comes a relatively unknown fourth rounder that saved the season.

Dak became the man. Looked very promising and played his butt off. After time and injuries, he kept taking the team to the edge. Next year, next year, next year...Racks up impressive stats, record breaking seasons, yada yada yada.

So now, the only consistent thing that really matters? Dak gets the yips and can't win big playoff games. Time to move on.
Blow it up and start over - the whole team.

Aftershock

Reaction score
Dak Prescott is just Kirk Cousins making Mahomes money. Can he win a SB? Yes I think so, but only on a rookie contract. He played decent in the '17 playoffs against GB but you also have to keep in mind he had Zeke in his best year and the best OL in the whole league. As well as Witten/Beasely/Dez.

Dak can only win a SB if he has all stars all around him.

irishline

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
He has more playoff touchdowns than the guy before him that everybody loves. Explain that.
Not that I think Romo was any better, but I am guessing you are adding all the TDs after we fell behind to the Packers 27-0 (when they pulled their starters/started playing prevent), and the ones against a Tampa Bay playoff team with a losing record, that really had no business being in the playoffs to begin with, correct?

Philmonroe

Reaction score
I don't disagree that Dak has routinely been a top 10ish QB through most of his career in the regular season. I just don't see how that is debatable, but come the playoffs he just hasn't gotten it done. 1 of 7 games in the playoffs offered a strong performance where Dak was a difference maker and that was last year against Tampa. Now I don't expect Dak to ball out every playoff game, thats unrealistic for any QB, but I do expect him to atleast sustain drives to keep the Cowboys in and protect the ball to avoid getting behind.

I like Dak and willing to give him another shot in 24, but at some point the money invested just isn't worth the return. The same was true for Romo. Have to consider moving on from Dak because come playoff time there are plenty of QBs that could deliver a 2-5 record for a fraction of the cost.
People say this lazy the same is true of Romo but where are all these playoff games where Romo didn’t do what you yourself asked of the qb in the playoffs?

tomokawan

Reaction score
Nope, You plug any qb in and a def that can stop the run as a first priority and they go farther than Dak has ever gone.
Where is that defense that can stop the run? Can you buy that at Walmart like you can easily get a QB to replace Dak??

Status
Not open for further replies.