I swear, Linehan must go

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
How stupid is it to take an RPO QB on the 5 yard line, call a pocket pass with them already having 6 sacks on Dal? Thank God our D played way over the offense. Thank God for Lewis....and what a schmuck to NOT score on them with over a minute...just gutless from Garrett. Great win, but these coaches on offense scare the hell out of me.

Don't agree with you on not scoring. Dallas had the opportunity to run the clock out with three kneel-downs. You do that every time.

Scoring is the stupid play because it means that you put the ball back in the other team's hands. What if they return the kickoff for a TD? Then, it's back to a three-point game with the Saints able to attempt an onside kick.

Sometimes playing it safe is actually the right call.

Now, I totally agree with you on some of the play-calling. We do little to counter blitzes.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
How stupid is it to take an RPO QB on the 5 yard line, call a pocket pass with them already having 6 sacks on Dal? Thank God our D played way over the offense. Thank God for Lewis....and what a schmuck to NOT score on them with over a minute...just gutless from Garrett. Great win, but these coaches on offense scare the hell out of me.
and you wouldn't think the Saints defense would be ready for that? they stuffed Zeke a couple of times for no gain.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Great first half for the offense, back to ugly offense which is who the cowboys are in the second half, instead of blowout it yet again comes down to the final drive to win or lose..its who we are and I believe SL is gone next year regardless.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

How stupid would it have been to try and score, fumble the ball, and give the Saints 2 full minutes to march downfield to win the game? Or even if they didn't fumble, suppose they scored on 1st down to go up by 10, but Brees still had 2 minutes to work with? Not a lot of time to score a TD, get an onside kick and tie it, but it would be possible. By handling the end of the game they way they did, both those possibilities were eliminated. Seems you want to play to run up the score, and Garrett wanted to guarantee the win. Garrett's choice was infinitely smarter.

silvrNblue

Reaction score
I will give them kudos, for the 1st half... but what the hell were they thinking in the 2nd? Did ANYONE see ANY misdirection plays, or screens in the 3rd and 4th qtrs.??? I damn sure didn't... and THOSE plays were what were WORKING in the 1st 2 qtrs.... Linehan is a bum, period, and IMHO can't be gone quick enough so we can maybe get someone who actually schemes, and calls plays designed to use Dak's strengths, not as if he is a Tom Brady or Rodgers. because I will admit, he is not either of those, and most likely never will be, but Dak is a pretty sound QB, and I believe way better then we see on the field mostly due to just bone headed play calling.

Vandyr

Reaction score
you guys are unbelievable we win a game nobody,nobody was calling a win but your whining

Dallas only won because the defense put on a clinic. The offense was putrid, and I firmly believe they should absolutely be criticized for putting on such an embarrassing display last night, from the playcalling on down to the terrible quarterback play.

silvrNblue

Reaction score
How stupid would it have been to try and score, fumble the ball, and give the Saints 2 full minutes to march downfield to win the game? Or even if they didn't fumble, suppose they scored on 1st down to go up by 10, but Brees still had 2 minutes to work with? Not a lot of time to score a TD, get an onside kick and tie it, but it would be possible. By handling the end of the game they way they did, both those possibilities were eliminated. Seems you want to play to run up the score, and Garrett wanted to guarantee the win. Garrett's choice was infinitely smarter.
And I will not disagree Omer, but your on the 1/2 yd line... if you can't punch them in the mouth from there using the # 1 RB then you don't deserve to even be a damn HC. I see, your a "play it safe" kinda guy also, you and ole clap should go have a coffee and talk how to "not lose" a game ...

gimmesix

Reaction score
I thought he called one of his better games. good balance. controlled top as we were supposed to. love cooper, but clearly we have a rising star in Michael gallup.

There were several good play-calls. The only problem I have with it is the lack of blitz-busters. Against blitzes, we seem to just run our regular offense, leading to Dak holding the ball and getting sacked or hit. I don't know if the fault is Linehan's, though, or if Dak is supposed to recognize the blitz and change the play.

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
Dallas only won because the defense put on a clinic. The offense was putrid, and I firmly believe they should absolutely be criticized for putting on such an embarrassing display last night, from the playcalling on down to the terrible quarterback play.
yup, Brees sucked.

waving monkey

Reaction score
:facepalm:

Parcells4Life

Reaction score
There were several good play-calls. The only problem I have with it is the lack of blitz-busters. Against blitzes, we seem to just run our regular offense, leading to Dak holding the ball and getting sacked or hit. I don't know if the fault is Linehan's, though, or if Dak is supposed to recognize the blitz and change the play.
There’s slants on the blitzes but they’d be tight throws and Dak doesn’t trust them.

gimmesix

Reaction score
There’s slants on the blitzes but they’d be tight throws and Dak doesn’t trust them.

Fine, then you figure something else out. Have screens be the blitz call. Use roll-outs away from the blitz. If you know your quarterback isn't comfortable with what you have called as blitz-beaters, then you design plays that make him comfortable instead of having one of the most-sacked QBs because we can't handle the blitz.

Bob-Lillys-War

Reaction score
13 points , thats all the offense scored .

Thank Goodness for this defense . Our defense won the game .

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Btw, the way garrett managed the end of the game was perfect....the objective is to win, not how many points you win by...that's for the fans to gloat. they had 3 point lead. one minute to go, run out the clock. why score? and kick off to them? maybe they run it back....maybe they score on a long TD and kick off and recover and kick a field goal...yeah, fat chance of those...but even if its 0.5%, you take that out of the equation but finishing the game....its not college football, point differential matters none.

Pants

Reaction score
the D carried the team, but look on the bright side...the team cannot get complacent since the offense did not have a complete game...so, until the team has a complete game and string together a few wins like that, then they have something to work on....can't get lazy after a big win and there is plenty to complain about if you have legit coaches (rut roh reorge)

silvrNblue

Reaction score
Btw, the way garrett managed the end of the game was perfect....the objective is to win, not how many points you win by...that's for the fans to gloat. they had 3 point lead. one minute to go, run out the clock. why score? and kick off to them? maybe they run it back....maybe they score on a long TD and kick off and recover and kick a field goal...yeah, fat chance of those...but even if its 0.5%, you take that out of the equation but finishing the game....its not college football, point differential matters none.
I know, FIH, I know... but yeash man can we at some time, some game show some dang backbone... and yeah I admit, kneeling the time out was the "smart" "safe" play....seems as cowboy fans we would be used to that spineless play style/calling.