I swear, Linehan must go

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
washington 6-5
eagles 5-6

if this division wasn't so pathetic , linehan & boyfriend kellen, would be long gone .
Most of us aren’t Linehan fans, but there is a time to give it a rest and just enjoy a win. Fandom doesn’t require being sour at all times.

silvrNblue

Reaction score
You're against kneeling the ball at the end of the game to run out the clock? Why?
naw, I mean I do get why he did it, but it just seems like this coach is always playing"nice" football and I prefer the old days of push it between the goal post 60 friggn minutes...disappointed, yeah, but I get it...

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

I don't know - possibly they could have used it a little more, but the reason it works is that it is a deception, and if it is overused to the point the opponent expects it, then it is no longer a deception.

shabazz

Reaction score
The offensive play-calling has to be dumbed down for the Dink and Dunkster. Not much of a mystery

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
naw, I mean I do get why he did it, but it just seems like this coach is always playing"nice" football and I prefer the old days of push it between the goal post 60 friggn minutes...disappointed, yeah, but I get it...

You can't compare this to a 4th and short with the game still on the line. Admittedly Garrett has frustrated me at times by doing that.

Denim Chicken

Reaction score
I don't know - possibly they could have used it a little more, but the reason it works is that it is a deception, and if it is overused to the point the opponent expects it, then it is no longer a deception.

If you're running the ball it works. It also help your run game.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

We only averaged 3.2 yards per carry running the ball, and if you take out Dak's runs it was only 3.0 yards per carry. The running game was mostly shut down. Obviously the Saints knew the Cowboys weren't going to give up on running Zeke altogether, so the play action would work occasionally, but the running game wasn't having enough success to deceive the defense over and over with play action. It's like any deception, it works as long as it is unexpected.

silvrNblue

Reaction score
We also saw NO screen passes in the 2nd...... THAT right there is what makes me want vanilla queen gone, gone, gone. Just boneheaded play calling, I for one can't wrap my head around wth he thinks he is doing.

silvrNblue

Reaction score
The offensive play-calling has to be dumbed down for the Dink and Dunkster. Not much of a mystery
ROFL.. seems to most of us who truly love the team, our "dink and dunkster" as you call him, out shined the mighty 400+ passing 30+ point s a game Drew Brees...just can't help yourself now can ya shabazz

shabazz

Reaction score
ROFL.. seems to most of us who truly love the team, our "dink and dunkster" as you call him, out shined the mighty 400+ passing 30+ point s a game Drew Brees...just can't help yourself now can ya shabazz

Dak did not give the game away for us; and for that we thank him

The Defense Did win the game for us; and for that we thank them

The Dunkster is personally a wonderful human being and a pillar of the community, but he’s also the epitome of mediocrity and inconsistency .

silvrNblue

Reaction score
Dak did not give the game away for us; and for that we thank him

The Defense Did win the game for us; and for that we thank them

The Dunkster is personally a wonderful human being and a pillar of the community, but he’s also the epitome of mediocrity and inconsistency .

ROFL.. ok might want to ask the Saints what they think about him....was he perfect? NOPE, would Romo had faired better, in my mind, maybe, IF he didn't choke it up his usual way and throw 2 picks 1 for 6. Dak played just as he needed to, NO INT's might check the stats I do believe Brees had 1, yes he needs to be way better at protecting the ball, but then the idiot play calling needs to STOP calling plays where he has NO out with a beat up 2 starters missing o-line also. Just HOW stupid is it to NOT run the ball down, on damn near the goal line, or NOT call a misdirection play and boot leg Dak OUT of the 7TH sack from their D????? get real shabazz, you simply won't credit for what Dak does do right and that is win ball games with his legs and arm. He's not perfect by ANY means, but I'll damn well bet you a whole bunch of NO fans are saying the same thing about Brees today. You simply want to place all the blame on Dak, and none any place else. Well, I'm not going to sit here and try to explain the game of football to you, but there are 11 players on offense, and 6 of them are supposed to be BLOCKING, and according to what call is played, that means it may take more then 1/2 a second to hold that block to let a play develop., OHH so there I just schooled you with TWO parts that can ALSO be blamed for some of the gaffs last night. That last fumble, I'll put squarely on Lael's big butt for allowing that end to pretty much come clean on Dak. Hell, our D even forced the great Drew Brees to drop a couple of balls, lucky he was to be able to get on them, kind of hard with a 280 pound DE sitting on your back to recover a dropped ball.

ESisback

Reaction score
LOL...we got lucky. In a 13-10 game....Brees scores a TD 9 out of 10 times in that scenerio...and we get beat. But go ahead..buy the BS the NFL wants you to buy.:rolleyes:

So anyone that simply enjoys their team winning a game they were picked to lose is just a clueless fool? Are we ever allowed to be happy?

Most of us realize the Cowboys have issues. Personally, I think our QB’s accuracy issues and tendency to hold the ball too long, coupled with the OC’s head scratching playcalling, will lose us a playoff rematch in their house. But until that actually happens, I’m gonna just enjoy the games.

shabazz

Reaction score
ROFL.. ok might want to ask the Saints what they think about him....was he perfect? NOPE, would Romo had faired better, in my mind, maybe, IF he didn't choke it up his usual way and throw 2 picks 1 for 6. Dak played just as he needed to, NO INT's might check the stats I do believe Brees had 1, yes he needs to be way better at protecting the ball, but then the idiot play calling needs to STOP calling plays where he has NO out with a beat up 2 starters missing o-line also. Just HOW stupid is it to NOT run the ball down, on damn near the goal line, or NOT call a misdirection play and boot leg Dak OUT of the 7TH sack from their D????? get real shabazz, you simply won't credit for what Dak does do right and that is win ball games with his legs and arm. He's not perfect by ANY means, but I'll damn well bet you a whole bunch of NO fans are saying the same thing about Brees today. You simply want to place all the blame on Dak, and none any place else. Well, I'm not going to sit here and try to explain the game of football to you, but there are 11 players on offense, and 6 of them are supposed to be BLOCKING, and according to what call is played, that means it may take more then 1/2 a second to hold that block to let a play develop., OHH so there I just schooled you with TWO parts that can ALSO be blamed for some of the gaffs last night. That last fumble, I'll put squarely on Lael's big butt for allowing that end to pretty much come clean on Dak. Hell, our D even forced the great Drew Brees to drop a couple of balls, lucky he was to be able to get on them, kind of hard with a 280 pound DE sitting on your back to recover a dropped ball.

Why are you rolling on the floor so much? But anyhow, I was actually being generous in calling Dakota mediocre. The Cowboys are currently ranked 25th in the league in passing. As a matter of fact many would say that being ranked 25 out of 32 is much worse than mediocre

I chose however to ignore this pathetic ranking and elevate the Dink and Dunkster to an inflated status at Mediocre. Perhaps I did this charitable act since the holiday season is right around the corner.

BTW, Romos Offenses were never ranked 25th in passing. Call me back we he gets us ranked in the top 15 and I may reconsider my evaluation. But until that time we ain’t feeling the the Dink Dunk and Dak show quite yet.

Did I mention I like his TV commercials though?

9of11

Reaction score
Regardless what happened last night, Linehan has to go. We need an updated offense period. Garret in the other hand, I do believe it’s time to go too....this offense stalls too much and is still a liability...if we get a new OC who is innovative Garret is going to block him from being aggressive and make him play conservative football like Garret wants. This is why Garret has to go. I’ll take Lincoln Riley as our head coach and Cliff Kingsbury as OC please...:)

silvrNblue

Reaction score
Why are you rolling on the floor so much? But anyhow, I was actually being generous in calling Dakota mediocre. The Cowboys are currently ranked 25th in the league in passing. As a matter of fact many would say that being ranked 25 out of 32 is much worse than mediocre

I chose however to ignore this pathetic ranking and elevate the Dink and Dunkster to an inflated status at Mediocre. Perhaps I did this charitable act since the holiday season is right around the corner.

BTW, Romos Offenses were never ranked 25th in passing. Call me back we he gets us ranked in the top 15 and I may reconsider my evaluation. But until that time we ain’t feeling the the Dink Dunk and Dak show quite yet.

Did I mention I like his TV commercials though?
Yea and Romo took us to ALL those NFC playoffs and championships and Super Bowls with those grandiose stats...ohh wait...hum well seems being "ranked" waaaaaaaaay up there like you "think" it matters, didn't do so much for us or Romo now did it?

shabazz

Reaction score
Regardless what happened last night, Linehan has to go. We need an updated offense period. Garret in the other hand, I do believe it’s time to go too....this offense stalls too much and is still a liability...if we get a new OC who is innovative Garret is going to block him from being aggressive and make him play conservative football like Garret wants. This is why Garret has to go. I’ll take Lincoln Riley as our head coach and Cliff Kingsbury as OC please...:)

I agree. We must find a replacement for Linehan that can not only call plays but actually go out on the field and replace Dak for the 3rd and-long plays and get that tough completion. We must think outside the box if we are to reach the promised land

shabazz

Reaction score
Yea and Romo took us to ALL those NFC playoffs and championships and Super Bowls with those grandiose stats...ohh wait...hum well seems being "ranked" waaaaaaaaay up there like you "think" it matters, didn't do so much for us or Romo now did it?

Well you do have a point there. Too much stock is taken in rankings. Just because we are currently ranked as the #4 defense in the league is no reason to think that we have a great defense now. Hmmmm, I don’t recall us ever being ranked as the #4 defense during the Romo years. But why would grandiose stats ever give one a picture of reality.

silvrNblue

Reaction score
Well you do have a point there. Too much stock is taken in rankings. Just because we are currently ranked as the #4 defense in the league is no reason to think that we have a great defense now. Hmmmm, I don’t recall us ever being ranked as the #4 defense during the Romo years. But why would grandiose stats ever give one a picture of reality.
Apples and ornages, and typical Romo humper lovefester, making excuse after excuse as why their boy never even got close to taking the team to the promise land. Hey, we weren't ranked that # 4 all season ole boy, and we JUST got a decent receiver who can help our offense out, but like our D, it takes more then a few games to work it all together and mesh as they say. But look, you have your wet dreams about Romo, I still think he was a "good" Qb not a top tier or else we would have seen more of what the inside of a playoff stadium looks like under his leadership. I mean, heck from your point of Dak being just mediocre and all, having a top ranked D is nice and all, but I don't recall ours scoring any extra points or nuttn to you know help poor ole schlub Dak win a game. Nor throw any passes or hand off or RPO or , well you get my jest.

kskboys

Reaction score
I can't stand Linehan and not too fond of JG either, but this was most definitely the way to do it. Kneeling the football isn't nice football. It's sound strategy and this is the way it's always been.