I swear, Linehan must go

silvrNblue

Reaction score
the D carried the team, but look on the bright side...the team cannot get complacent since the offense did not have a complete game...so, until the team has a complete game and string together a few wins like that, then they have something to work on....can't get lazy after a big win and there is plenty to complain about if you have legit coaches (rut roh reorge)
Pants, spot on, I account the whole 2nd half to shabby play calling for vanilla queen... not one, not a single misdirection play or screen in the 2nd half last night, or am I mistaken? That Dak fumble on the goal line, was just STUPID not to roll Dak out of the pocket... hell they had SIX sacks to that point, why leave him in a pocket that had foe the most part collapsed that whole 2nd half... but hey, I"M HAPPY AS A *********** this morning!

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
I know, FIH, I know... but yeash man can we at some time, some game show some dang backbone... and yeah I admit, kneeling the time out was the "smart" "safe" play....seems as cowboy fans we would be used to that spineless play style/calling.
again, it was smart...not spinless...it would have been stupid to try and score...... maybe a fumble happens and you be here the next day screaming, why didnt' we run out the clock....that last series and kneel downs were perfect.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Well, dak missed a wide open Gallup. There was a bad offside penalty that negated a turnover in scoring territory. And then dak gets sacked inside the ten and loses the ball. And, we kneel the ball at the one yard line.

So tell me how this is Linehans fault again?
All QBs miss throws, even Brees. So yes, it is Linehans fault.

silvrNblue

Reaction score
again, it was smart...not spinless...it would have been stupid to try and score...... maybe a fumble happens and you be here the next day screaming, why didnt' we run out the clock....that last series and kneel downs were perfect.
UHH I agreed with you??????????????

BlueStar22

Reaction score
Well, dak missed a wide open Gallup. There was a BS penalty that negated a turnover in scoring territory. And then dak gets sacked inside the ten. And, we kneel the ball at the one yard line.

So tell me how this is Linehans fault again?
How was it his fault? The playcalling, especially in the red zone. We didn't see any RPOs or Zone Reads anywhere in the game until that last drive where Dak fumbled on the sack. Every time I was like Linehan you gotta go with your best plays down in the redzone and far too often predictable pass plays. Any time the defense is playing that aggressive up front you gotta take advantage of it.

Last edited:

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Linehan was NOT the problem. He had Gallup wide open on a hitch and go. Cooper was open on other deep balls.

Daks pocket awareness and accuracy was terrible and nearly cost them the game.
If you just look at his stats, you might think he had an incredible game under duress. Neither of which were the case.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
And I will not disagree Omer, but your on the 1/2 yd line... if you can't punch them in the mouth from there using the # 1 RB then you don't deserve to even be a damn HC. I see, your a "play it safe" kinda guy also, you and ole clap should go have a coffee and talk how to "not lose" a game ...

I understand your desire to get that score - I would like to have seen a bigger separation in the score myself. But the reality is it would have just been a cosmetic thing, so why run any risk at all for a reward that has no meaning? It's not about playing it safe, it's about playing it smart. In other situations where the outcome of the game might be at stake I would be all for taking a risk. I got as tired as anyone else of watching Garrett punt on 4th and one on the opponent's 45 yard line while the game was still in question.

SportsGuru80

CowboysYanksLakers
Reaction score
How stupid is it to take an RPO QB on the 5 yard line, call a pocket pass with them already having 6 sacks on Dal? Thank God our D played way over the offense. Thank God for Lewis....and what a schmuck to NOT score on them with over a minute...just gutless from Garrett. Great win, but these coaches on offense scare the hell out of me.

The offensive coaches are below average and it shows with the stuff we are seeing on the field.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If you just look at his stats, you might think he had an incredible game under duress. Neither of which were the case.

I thought he did have an incredible first half in that regard, but he struggled much more with the pressure in the 2nd half.

droopdog7

Reaction score
How was it his fault? The playcalling, especially in the red zone. We didn't see any RPOs or Zone Reads anywhere in the game until that last drive where Dak fumbled on the sack. Every time I was like Linehan you gotta go with your best plays down in the redzone and far too often predictable pass plays. Any time the defense is playing that aggressive up front you gotta take advantage of it.
People still acting like RPO is the friggin magic bullet or something. Defenses can definitely stop that play nowadays. Gotta be able to execute basic pass plays and not fumble when things break down.

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
How stupid is it to take an RPO QB on the 5 yard line, call a pocket pass with them already having 6 sacks on Dal? Thank God our D played way over the offense. Thank God for Lewis....and what a schmuck to NOT score on them with over a minute...just gutless from Garrett. Great win, but these coaches on offense scare the hell out of me.
Was that the play he missed a wide open Zeke while looking for his first option? I can't stand Linehan either, but Dak needs to become more efficient from the pocket. The offense should mix it up between RPO and Pro style sets.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
I liked the fact that he finally realized the importance of running a successful screen to at least try and neutralize an over aggressive blitz agenda.
We need to see it called more.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
People still acting like RPO is the friggin magic bullet or something. Defenses can definitely stop that play nowadays. Gotta be able to execute basic pass plays and not fumble when things break down.

I think the RPO thing actually hurt at times last night because with the delay between when Dak sticks the ball in Zeke when we know if he is handing off or keeping the ball seemed to give the defense time to penetrate and hit Zeke at or behind the line of scrimmage. I think at times we would have been better served with a straight handoff with Zeke hitting the hole hard.

Bevo

Reaction score
Some of Linehan's play calling is absolutely brutal this year, especially in the redzone. The inside zone handoff to Zeke doesn't work when three starters are missing on the OL. Yet Linehan calls that play wayyyy to much and always sets up for a 2nd and 11 or a longer 2nd and Goal. Also where did all the zone-reads go? That play is money for Dak. You can't overcomplicate things for Dak with everyone injured. Maybe things will change once Williams and Smith come back but if not I think Linehan's time is up in Dallas.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Linehan was NOT the problem. He had Gallup wide open on a hitch and go. Cooper was open on other deep balls.

Daks pocket awareness and accuracy was terrible and nearly cost them the game.
In the second half, yes. He was very good in the first half. Just wish he and the offense could put it all together....soon.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
In the second half, yes. He was very good in the first half. Just wish he and the offense could put it all together....soon.
I agree. They seem so close to putting all together, but between penalties, Dak having bouts of indecisiveness, and some blocking breakdowns it seems something always derails consistency and red zone efficiency.

kskboys

Reaction score
You're against kneeling the ball at the end of the game to run out the clock? Why?