I swear some fans will never get it

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Jerry doesn’t control the ball with a remote control. Jerry is to blame for tying this organization to a mediocre QB.
Do you really think a different quarterback would’ve showed different results against Green Bay. Absolutely not our defense was the fraud.

khiladi

Reaction score
Do you really think a different quarterback would’ve showed different results against Green Bay. Absolutely not our defense was the fraud.
OK, let’s assume this is true. Do you think different QBs would have gotten better results against the 49ers two years in a row in playoffs?

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
And how many would hire will mcclay who has basically led the draft for the last half decade and had a huge voice the last decade plus?
McClay has stated how he loves his role in Dallas and is comfortable in his position.
He is a rare breed that does not want the limelight.

ksadler1

Reaction score
Ultimately what is the difference? I think it is probably more embarrassing to go 12-5 and lose the way the team did. For me it is worse than going 5-12. If you go 12-5, you just expect better. I am not sure what is worse. I know people think it is awesome to be 12-5 but I don't like Fools Gold or frozen pizza....
Frozen pizza is actually pretty good. The trick is to make sure and bake it in the oven, never microwave it.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Another 12 win season will put them in the 1 or 2 spot next season. Maybe they can actually win this time.
What makes next year different than the last 28? That’s a serious question.

If your 81 year old GM has used 6 different HCs and countless coordinators and assistant coaches over three decades and have 4 wild card wins to show for it, why should we “believe” the 29th roll of the dice by this organization will be the one?

Thirty other NFL owners long ago learned if they want to win a Super Bowl, don’t hire yourself as the GM.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Blame Jerry for the sorry QB. This roster was good enough. Detroit is on to the second round…

Watch this and decide if our defense was capable of winning that game vs the packers…or any playoff team with a running game.

rambo2

Reaction score
What makes next year different than the last 28? That’s a serious question.

If your 81 year old GM has used 6 different HCs and countless coordinators and assistant coaches over three decades and have 4 wild card wins to show for it, why should we “believe” the 29th roll of the dice by this organization will be the one?

Thirty other NFL owners long ago learned if they want to win a Super Bowl, don’t hire yourself as the GM.
Each year is different. We very well could have a team win this year that has never won before. We could have a team win that has never been to the Super Bowl before. What made this year different for those teams? The Cowboys can win just like every other team in the league.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
It’s really simple with the Joneses. They won 3 Super Bowls in their first 8 years of existence. So the next step was to develop and promote the brand. The Cowboys now make a billion dollars a year off of merchandise. It’s not changing so why complain. Most posters understand business. The Joneses are winning in that arena so they are not going to change. I would argue bringing in someone else to run the team and then winning a Super Bowl would actually hurt the Joneses more than they are hurt now.

StarGazer1

Reaction score
Some one needs to point out that back then there was no cap and Murchison's Father was one of the very richest people in America as well.
There was also no free agency then either, so you had to draft well or make trades to improve your team.

rambo2

Reaction score
OK, let’s assume this is true. Do you think different QBs would have gotten better results against the 49ers two years in a row in playoffs?
Who knows? We do know that Dak played very well in this offense and should continue to do so.

Qcard

Reaction score
Hire this coach! Draft this player! Sign this free agent!

It doesn't matter.

Every player and coach who have passed through this organization for the last 28 years, most of whom you now hate because they failed to achieve the ultimate goal, were hired/signed by the general manager (Jerry) and director of player personnel (Stephen).

And guess what, they will hire/sign the next ones, too. Why? Because they gave themselves jobs-for-life.

Blame Dak like you blamed Romo, then blame the next QB. Blame Garrett and McCarthy, whatever you need to do. They're all symptoms of the disease.

As long as the cancer calls the shots, it doesn't matter.

Be glad for a 12 win season and an occasional wild card win, because that's as good as it gets. They have shown us their ceiling. How many decades does it take?
Tom Landry Fans left..they took a gamble and lost in the 90s!!

I'd say, if you are FED up with Jerry Jones Family's stewardship of the Dallas Cowboys JUST LEAVE!!!

It's not Rocket Science.

At worst, complete failure by the Cowboys (empty stadiums, off field drama and financial issues) could force the Jerry Jones Family to relinquish control of the NFL Team but they will always own the colgamerate.

#BuyInorLeave #DallasCowboys2024

Just in case... I am in no matter what happens. I give every Generation the same energy :laugh:

Creeper

Reaction score
After every blowout win or loss there is an overreaction. Right now the Packers fans are thinking they will roll over the 49ers because they rolled over the Cowboys. They believe their team is that much better than the Cowboys team no matter what happened in the regular season. They don't think the Cowboys played a bad game. They think their team is just that much better. It is an overreaction. The 49ers are not going to let them run all over their defense. And they are not going to allow receivers to get wide open 25 yards downfield the way the Cowboys did. Those chunk plays that set them up for scores are going to be much harder to come by, especially when they can't run the football.

On the Cowboys side, they too are overreacting. This was an awful loss and there is a lot of blame to go around. One player does not result in a 48-32 blowout loss, and no matter how many cheap points Dallas scored, it was never that close. This was a team loss, starting with coaches that had a terrible game plan. But, it is one game. The Cowboys are still a good team. They have some weaknesses that need to get fixed but there is no reason for the team and the fans to react they way they are reacting. Everyone is disappointed because we really thought we would roll over the Packers and Lions and make it to the NFC championship game. Maybe the answer is to stop underestimating other teams because you look in the mirror and think you see greatness.

Maybe Quinn changed the defense because he thought, "I'm Dan Quinn, resident defensive genius." Maybe all the Cowboys thought the Packers are 9-8, we're 15-2 5, 2nd seed, this should be no problem. Instead of pointing fingers, maybe they need a little humility. But after getting stomped by the Cardinals it seems these Cowboys do not learn lessons easily.

The Cowboys are a good team and not the team that showed up to play Green Bay. If these two teams played 10 times, I believe Dallas would win 9 times. As a lifelong fan of the Cowboys it is very disappointing to see what I am seeing from some of the players. It is disappointing the coaches didn't nip this in the bud. It is disappointing Jerry is not holding anyone accountable, while saying he will hold someone accountable. The players are like us. We have no reason to believe in this team going into next season and it seems they don't either. I now see clearly why Jerry had to make a coaching change. He miscalculated retaining McCarthy. But he has another chance He needs to fire Quinn and hold him accountable for the defense that allowed GB to score 6 TDs in 7 drives. I think Jerry is not going to fire Quinn because he doesn't want to jeopardize Quinn's chances of landing a HC job. But if Quinn is not hired by another team, Jerry must fire him and send a message to the team that things will be different this year. Then he needs to make a commitment to improving the team by signing a top tier FA, maybe 2

Maybe that will convince the team that he is serious about 2024. Otherwise, why should the players want to stay here for more of the same? As much as Jerry is trying to convince the fans things will be different next season, he needs to convince the player too. .

CCBoy

Reaction score
Those 12 wins is what Jerry sells us on. You like those 12 wins? If that's the bar, then you're good. Sooner or later, other teams will improve, even if by mistake.
That is a valid indicator of what a team actually has to work with. A super bowl not current doesn't tell the real progress one has to continue in the path.

In the NFL, those indicators are still valid and strong...not a cure all for a fan's disappointment. Blame is deserved upon football aspects and not just targeted at Jerry. As to players, there is more than escape goat useages in discussions as well. There is a lot of real quality on this Dallas team as well. Explore that...