I think all owe Claiborne an apology *merged*

Keifer

Reaction score
Why? He gets paid to make plays, he has been terrible. I am thankfull he made the play to save the game but it doesn't excuse the fact he has stunk.

All the players get paid to make plays, don't mean they will. He has been a big disappointment but he came up big when it mattered so I will enjoy the win and save the negativity for when we lose.

mitchell2254

Reaction score
For investing so much in him and making everyone think he could actually play?

The Rams WR's might want to apologize for abusing him all day.

sbark

Reaction score
Don't know about a apology..........but maybe a few "get out of jail free" cards for at least the next game against N.O............don't rag on him until at least the 4th Qtr.

Reaction score
SERIOUSLY, IF QUICK DID NOT MISTIME HIS JUMP AND JUMP TOO SOON, THAT WOULD HAVE BEEN A 30 YARD COMPLETION. MO CLAIBORNE IS TRASH AND I CANNOT WAIT UNTIL HIS CONTRACT IS UP.

yimyammer

Reaction score
My issue is with the front office that gave up a second rounder for a player (& missed out on drafting another player with that first round pick) who at this juncture doesn't even look to be on the team next year when they should have a player hitting his stride and firming up a position on the defense for several years. Unfortunately it appears they'll have to draft or sign someone else to fill a position. Given the price they paid, it should have been a slam dunk successful pick.

Had they stayed put and made two decent picks on defense, this team would almost surely be better. I understand missing on draft picks but imo you just can't miss when you're using two picks to grab one player in the first round. Whoever convinced jerri Mo was the next Deon should be fired

cml750

Reaction score
His new nickname needs to be "Burnt Toast". Morris "Burnt Toast" Claiborne.

RS12

Reaction score
Stock watch: When the Cowboys drafted Morris Claiborne with the sixth pick of the 2012 draft they said he was their highest rated defensive back since Deion Sanders. It looked like they could not have been more wrong until Claiborne sealed the win with an athletic interception in the closing minutes to stop the Rams’ final drive. Before that, however, it was dreadful. Claiborne was beaten by Brian Quick for a 51-yard touchdown on the first play of the second quarter. In the third quarter he was beaten on a go route for 38 yards by Kenny Britt and then missed a tackle on a 16-yard run by Zac Stacy. That drive led to a Rams’ field goal. Later he was flagged for illegal contact and was the closest defender on St. Louis’ final touchdown. All is not forgiven with the interception, but at least Claiborne was able to make the deciding play.

http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas-cowb...-15?utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=twitterfeed

The Natural

Reaction score
Claiborne looks incredibly slow, and has since his rookie year. He doesn't have much fluidity in his hips

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I don't think I owe Mo an apology. Keep in mind that is only his 4 career INT after giving up how many TD's?

Kaiser

Reaction score
Last year this thread would have been about how much Bruce Carter sucks.

mrmojo

Reaction score
He makes Elvis Toast Patterson look like a HOFer....so no apology here...

Leadbelly

Reaction score
Happy for him and the team...and me...but he's not good. Two years and three games into his career, he's not physical, isn't especially quick-footed, doesn't have deep speed, and doesn't have much field intelligence. In hindsight, should never have been so highly regarded.

On the bright side, Bruce Carter seems to have turned it on some.

btcutter

Reaction score
He made ONE great play. Nice awareness and timing. Also displayed great hands. However, he sucked rest of the game and I don't owe him an apology.

If he turns it around and stop being "toast" then I'll apologize....wait...why would I ?! He's paid to MAKE PLAYS!

kevm3

Reaction score
Props to him for stepping up at the end of the game. It was something he needed, because this game could have shattered his confidence. Him and Carter made huge plays at the end.