I think all owe Claiborne an apology *merged*

btcutter

Reaction score
Happy for him and the team...and me...but he's not good. Two years and three games into his career, he's not physical, isn't especially quick-footed, doesn't have deep speed, and doesn't have much field intelligence. In hindsight, should never have been so highly regarded.

On the bright side, Bruce Carter seems to have turned it on some.

only reason Bruce looked better is because of the scrubs he's playing next to. LOL! Kudos for making the INT.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
He caught an overthrown pass. Other than that he sucked for 59 minutes.

Nobody owes him anything.

I thought he played the ball much better than the WR. He was also the CB that came through on the blitz forcing a bad throw on the first down of that series.

That is two plays in the clutch. I will take it.

Our pass rush for the most part stank. Mend well Anthony.

rwalters31

Reaction score
Claiborne was not doing so good in this game and I notice some of us was giving him crap the whole game. Right when we need a turnover Claiborne give us it in the form of a pick. Let all give props to him.
No!! He is still garbage! One pick that the QB was off and any old man could have caught as a defender.

Cowboyz88

Reaction score
Truth. Spencer and Lawrence can't come back fast enough. There's no threat from either of our DE.

Do we know that Lawrence will be good or just another body? I guess you could say the same for Spencer.

Craig

Reaction score
People werent giving him crap all game. If it seemed like everything they were saying was negative, it was probably just them giving play by play.

scottsp

Reaction score
Not that we are pressuring passers that much, but today I was amazed at the yards and points St. Louis left on the field - and not just the Cook TD drop. Mo was terrible for most of the day, but at least he did manage to adjust to a poorly thrown pass and make a play.

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
Claiborne was not doing so good in this game and I notice some of us was giving him crap the whole game. Right when we need a turnover Claiborne give us it in the form of a pick. Let all give props to him.

If that ball hadn't been poorly thrown, that would have been a huge gain for the Rams...

I wasn't one of the people "bashing" Mo during the game, but he was AWFUL today...

Leadbelly

Reaction score
Do we know that Lawrence will be good or just another body? I guess you could say the same for Spencer.

Sure. I don't know if Lawrence or Spencer will produce, but I know what we're currently running out there isn't. And I know Lawrence's game has a suddenness that the other DE's lack. Even if he's just better than Wilber and Jack Crawford, we've improved.

Howboutdemcowboys31

Reaction score

I haven't read any of the comments, but he was dreadful today. Gave up 2 Tds and a plethora of first down and missed tackles. 4th best corner on the team

kevm3

Reaction score
Claiborne was bad for most of the game, but he sealed the deal at the end. He could have easily dropped that ball and we would be watching the Rams march down the field for the score. The defense didn't look great this game, but they are talent depleted. Props to them for the huge plays at the end.

Something we really need is personnel to help our corners out. Austin Davis had centuries to throw the ball. How many times did he get sacked? Either get some help on that D-line or upgrade our safeties. Our corners will have problems if the QB has all day to throw or they have nobody backing them up.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
I'm sorry Claiborne.... For ever thinking you would be an elite NFL corner.

I attribute that to taking off all of training camp.

stilltheguru

Reaction score
I'll give him props but he just hasn't played well. One obvious thing I've noticed is that he doesn't play the ball at its highest point. He jumps backwards, almost horizontally letting the ball sail past him and into the receivers hands. Annoying.

That's lack of confidence