Twitter: I think Amari is ok

TequilaCowboy

Reaction score
Ugh Kelvin Joseph looks so bad, but yet he needs those reps... trotting out Brown the progress stopper isn't going to help Joseph learn in this league.

C'mon...now...easy....; rest your sphincter. There's nothing KJ could have done to stop that. Or anyone else for that matter. That is vintage Cooper. i agree Brown is only stopping KJ's progress. He needs as many reps against these great Dallas receivers as he can get. But that is how he can pull a groin or tweak a hamstring.

T-RO

Reaction score
Little wonder Amari has chronic feet and ankle issues. His artistry puts massive torque on all those little bones, muscle and tendons.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
Pretty sure Amari Cooper can make any CB crap in their pants if he looks like that all season. Good sign.
Amari had a lot of issues with Plantar fasciitis. (foot)
If not mistaken, he did have it taken care of for good. The man is such a great athlete. And a classy one at that.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Video game level stuff...

Dak has every tool to shred it this year, and Coop is elevating his game and proving his worth.
I always hate coughing up top draft picks in a trade, but Coop was worth it.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
There’s not 1 that stops that route.

I tend to agree with you. Certainly not if they commit that hard to Amari's inside break.

A top level CB with inside help might not.

This is a drill that makes it very difficult for the DB. Still quite impressive by Amari.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Video game level stuff...

Put a top CB on him and he simply disappears.......
P.S. The Only excuse is he has a bad jockey but simply another over-valued and OVERPAID Jerry kid!

Buzzbait

Reaction score
good to know we can score 35-40 points per game at will as long as Cooper, Lamb and Gallup stay on the field... now for the defense?

I like Cooper, but 35-40 points per game? I hope so but I think I'll wait till those chickens hatch before I count 'em.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Cooper is one of the best route runners in the game. No shame in getting faked out by him.

And even Deion couldn't cover that route unless he's pressing him at the line. People tend to forget that Deion got beat on routes too.
Irvin took him to school several times. In fact, I remember in 1992 when the Cowboys played the Falcons on Monday night (41-17 drubbing). Deion was so frustrated he picked up a team bench and threw it. :laugh:
With the way the game is played today, it's virtually impossible to cover a receiver who runs crisp routes with a quarterback who throws accurately.

P.S., still think we could have gotten Amari Cooper for a second-round pick. Shrug.

texbumthelife

Reaction score
Ugh Kelvin Joseph looks so bad, but yet he needs those reps... trotting out Brown the progress stopper isn't going to help Joseph learn in this league.

He may look bad, but this clip definitely isn't why. That is absolutely elite level cutting and leading. You won't see a better route than that in the NFL and prime Deion would have gotten toasted there just the same.

I have never understood playing on the LOS and not even attempting to re-route or jam up the WR. Very few corner in the history of the would have success in that position.

Aftershock

Reaction score
that cb got BURNED
amari didn't even have to double-move, still 1-2 years of separation off the initial slant alone
opponents will start figuring this out
at that point you can SLANT or double-MOVE