I Think Romo Is Being Soft

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Rampage;2367533 said:
I broke the knuckle on my index finger when i was 18 and didn't miss a day of work because of it.

Congratulations..............Do you want a cookie????

:laugh2:

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Audiman;2367626 said:
dude, wiring a house is MUCH harder than going to war... [/sarcasm]

*thank you for your service. I have a good friend leaving for his 4th tour in Iraq this weekend.

I will keep him in my thoughts and prayers as I do all of the great Military men and woman. But, let's don't hijack this thread on any of that. :eek::

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
Alexander;2367622 said:
:laugh2:

I cannot believe you people are seriously trying to relate your common everyday lives to football. It is beyond comical. It is completely pathetic actually.

Baloney. My monkey and street organ are completely relateable to football.

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
5Stars;2367632 said:
I will keep him in my thoughts and prayers as I do all of the great Military men and woman. But, let's don't hijack this thread on any of that. :eek::
hey you said i was flipping burgers and i told you what i did. congrats on the war you didn't win.

dozin_theknick

Reaction score
Rampage;2367614 said:
thats great. but you act like it's impossible for him to get hurt after he heals his hand. you realize it's not gonna be fully healed when he returns after the bye right?

but it reduces the chance and allows him to play at a MUCH higher level.

Wait, let me get my 7 year old daughter out of bed to explain it to you.........................

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
AKATheRake;2367572 said:
Money aside my point is that I continued doing my job when everyone, the doctor, foreman, my colleagues and my family told me to ride the pine. I didn't because I wanted to be out there with my colleagues, the mind has an amazing way of getting you to do things. I knew I couldn't injure it more but the pain was the worst thing to deal with and in the start it did effect my productivity until I got used to it.

My overall point is the mental aspect, if he really wants to go out there he will be out there. There are guys playing with spinal problems. I'm not saying he should play, I'm saying people in this sport and who watch it are going to say he's soft. They have the right to question it,this isn't paper work or admin work, this is tough guy football. So quit the ridiculous name calling like "stupid" or "dumb" for something that is very typical of this sport. That in my mind is just the above 2 words. Don't be surprised that other in your fan base, across the league or in the media call him soft. This whole team is soft not just Romo.

EXACTLY.................THANK YOU FOR PROVING MY POINT!!!

ROMO ACTUALLY CAN INJURE IT MORE, SO YOUR WHOLE ARGUMENT IS MOOT NOW.

Audiman

Reaction score
5Stars;2367632 said:

thanks, and you're right. we can't all be as tough as unionized marble setters or electricians...

I remember when I was a youngin. walked to school bare foot in the snow while it was raining, up hill both ways...

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Rampage;2367637 said:
hey you said i was flipping burgers and i told you what i did. congrats on the war you didn't win.

Thanks...

AKATheRake

Reaction score
5Stars;2367620 said:
Whoo-hoo! Wiring a house! Ouch! :rolleyes:

I'm retired from the Department of Defense and a Vietnam vet. I had it easy!

You're not very good at reading. I set stone on sky rises. Stone that's half your weight per piece with a broken hand,not fractured pinkie. But anyways this is the 4th time I'm repeating myself. By the way, thank you for being a bureaucratic for the department of defense. With your attention to detail you're the last guy I'd want watching my back.

Mentally Romo is not ready to play with this physical challenge and that is what it comes down too. I don't want him to play. Was one of the first last week to accept Brad if Romo felt he needed to heal. The argument is about people acting surprised that someone is questioning his injury after all the back and fourth hoopla.

As well, a man with your experience should know never to minimize what another man does for a living. I'm probably half your age and I know that and you deserved the bureaucrat remark although I stooped to your level. I think we all know we're not professional athletes too and in speaking for myself I will never have that wonderful opportunity. Adios biased ones.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Audiman;2367643 said:
thanks, and you're right. we can't all be as tough as unionized marble setters or electricians...

I remember when I was a youngin. walked to school bare foot in the snow while it was raining, up hill both ways...

Was this against the rotation of the earth, too? :laugh2:

AKATheRake

Reaction score
Audiman;2367643 said:

I said straight out to everyone that I am no tough guy before bringing up the point. Rest easy.

Audiman

Reaction score
Rampage;2367637 said:

what exactly have you done for this country?

I don't think lowering the countries IQ average qualifies as being impressive...

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
bbgun;2367636 said:
Baloney. My monkey and street organ are completely relateable to football.

I think your monkey might be able to run a better route against double coverage than Terrell Owens.

He is shifty like that.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
AKATheRake;2367646 said:
You're not very good at reading. I set stone on sky rises. Stone that's half your weight per piece with a broken hand,not fractured pinkie. But anyways this is the 4th time I'm repeating myself. By the way, thank you for being a bureaucratic for the department of defense. With your attention to detail you're the last guy I'd want watching my back.

Mentally Romo is not ready to play with this physical challenge and that is what it comes down too. I don't want him to play. Was one of the first last week to accept Brad if Romo felt he needed to heal. The argument is about people acting surprised that someone is questioning his injury after all the back and fourth hoopla.

As well, a man with your experience should know never to minimize what another man does for a living. I'm probably half your age and I know that and you deserved the bureaucrat remark although I stooped to your level. I think we all know we're not professional athletes too and in speaking for myself I will never have that wonderful opportunity. Adios biased ones.

I'm impressed...

:laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2:

dozin_theknick

Reaction score
Rampage;2367637 said:

Wow, just when I thought I couldnt possibly lose anymore respect for you. What a piece of crap.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Alexander;2367590 said:
In a way, I can even excuse the soft talk last week because we were all told he could put on his best Favre face and play with two broken limbs while also in a coma, because as we all know that's his hero and he got that phone call.

But the facts have been thrown out there the last few days. He has done pretty much everything he could to play. He cannot set up and throw. That simple. It is not a matter of fortitude. It is a matter of execution. There is more to the position than simply looking good throwing the football.

If someone wants to be truly angry at a party responsible, blame the trainers who cannot come up with a miracle splint so he can grip the ball almost immediately after the snap. As it stands, he has to adjust the ball AND go through his progressions. It would take too much time, especially how our OL is blocking. That is the issue right now. It is not the pain.

Thank God at least 1 poster on here knows what he is talking about.

Audiman

Reaction score
5Stars;2367647 said:
Was this against the rotation of the earth, too? :laugh2:

haha, I left that part out because I didn't want to sound too tough. but since you brought it up...

both of my legs and forearms were broken. however, I could still set marble, wire a house, and play QB in the NFL...all at the same time!

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Beast_from_East;2367657 said:
Thank God at least 1 poster on here knows what he is talking about.

Actually, I don't know what I am talking about.

I have broken a finger, but I have never worked in a unionized environment or set marble.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Audiman;2367659 said:
haha, I left that part out because I didn't want to sound too tough. but since you brought it up...

both of my legs and forearms were broken. however, I could still set marble, wire a house, and play QB in the NFL...all at the same time!

:eek:

Wow, you must be a bad mother(shout your mouth)!