I Think Romo Is Being Soft

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Seven;2367583 said:
Maybe cause your job didn't entail 300+ pound athletes gunning for you every 45 seconds. You got breaks, lunch, talks at the water cooler, flirting with the secretary, meetings, etc., etc.

Carry on...........

:bow:

Before I read you post, I was going to say the same thing!

Big deal! The guy can lay tile or whatever with broke knuckle or whatever! He does not have 11 other workers trying to kick his *** ever time he comes to work!

Man, or man...there are some rediculous things that some people say!

Baby Rampage broke his finger and still cooked fries at McDonalds! Whoo-hoo! Now this guy lays a few tiles or what ever? Whoo-hoo!

How pathetic!

dozin_theknick

Reaction score
AKATheRake;2367494 said:
I don't want him to play either, for injury reasons and mental reasons. But you don't lose him for the year if he injures it further, he gets surgery to put pins in it. The surgery to heal takes 4 weeks. But yes, he can get the Roy Williams scenario just as easily, just on another part of the finger. Once that small amount of metal and pins is in that part is not possible to break.

Once he has surgery he is done for the year. Its like we are talking to 3 year olds. Are you people really this dense?

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Rampage;2367600 said:
IT IS THE PAIN! he can't grip the ball cause it hurts too much. it takes him 2-3 seconds to grip it cause of the PAIN!

I guess you are right. He says it isn't, but we have unionized marble setters who know better.

The things you learn in the message board world.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
cowboys5;2367306 said:
ok but he can still re injure it when he comes back so what it your point

Dam dude, do we have to freaking spell it out for you on here.

IF ROMO PLAYS WITH A FRACTURED HAND AND HE FALLS ON IT OR HITS IT ON A HELMET, IT CAN THEN BECOME A DISJOINTED FRACTURE WHICH PUTS HIM OUT THE SEASON.

NOW IF HE HEALS UP AND COMES BACK AND TAKES A HIT ON THE HAND, THE ODDS OF A DISLOCATED FRACTURE ARE VERY, VERY, VERY SMALL IF THE SOCKET AT THE BASE OF THE PINKIE IS HEALED.

SO YOU LOGIC IS WRONG, HE CAN MAKE IT WORSE (ALOT WORSE) IF HE PLAYS WITH THE INJURY BEFORE IT IS HEALED. IF HE COMES BACK AFTER IT HEALS, THE ODDS OF THE REINJURY BEING AS SERVERE ARE DRASTICALLY LOWER.

DO YOU GET IT YET?????????

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Alexander;2367606 said:
I guess you are right. He says it isn't, but we have unionized marble setters who know better.

The things you learn in the message board world.

Hey, those marble setters sleep at Holiday Inn's...they be smart!!

:rolleyes:

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
Alexander;2367590 said:
In a way, I can even excuse the soft talk last week because we were all told he could put on his best Favre face and play with two broken limbs while also in a coma, because as we all know that's his hero and he got that phone call.

But the facts have been thrown out there the last few days. He has done pretty much everything he could to play. He cannot set up and throw. That simple. It is not a matter of fortitude. It is a matter of execution. There is more to the position than simply looking good throwing the football.

If someone wants to be truly angry at a party responsible, blame the trainers who cannot come up with a miracle splint so he can grip the ball almost immediately after the snap. As it stands, he has to adjust the ball AND go through his progressions. It would take too much time, especially how our OL is blocking. That is the issue right now. It is not the pain.

dozin@theknick;2367609 said:
You are so ****ing stupid it is hilarious
thats great. but you act like it's impossible for him to get hurt after he heals his hand. you realize it's not gonna be fully healed when he returns after the bye right?

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
5Stars;2367603 said:
:bow:

Before I read you post, I was going to say the same thing!

Big deal! The guy can lay tile or whatever with broke knuckle or whatever! He does not have 11 other workers trying to kick his *** ever time he comes to work!

Man, or man...there are some rediculous things that some people say!

Baby Rampage broke his finger and still cooked fries at McDonalds! Whoo-hoo! Now this guy lays a few tiles or what ever? Whoo-hoo!

How pathetic!
i'm an electrician and it it was in january while wiring a new home. what do you do for a living?

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Rampage;2367617 said:
i'm an electrician and it it was in january while wiring a new home. what do you do for a living?

Whoo-hoo! Wiring a house! Ouch! :rolleyes:

I'm retired from the Department of Defense and a Vietnam vet. I had it easy!

AKATheRake

Reaction score
Chocolate Lab;2367598 said:
Once again, though... You were able to do your job. Romo wasn't. He said that with that cast on, it took him two or three full seconds to adjust the ball to where he could throw it. That would be impossible in a timing based offense. Just because he could play catch with Jerry doesn't mean he could handle the ball the way an NFL QB has to.

And if he didn't play with a cast, he -- unlike you -- could hurt the hand worse. If that hand got hit and the fracture became displaced, he'd be done for the year.

I don't know why you're telling me this is a tough game when you're the one thinking the player is a wimp. These guys are the toughest mofos anywhere... The average person has no idea how much pain they tolerate in order to play.

I was mentally able to do my job and physically compensating. My injury was actually physically worse than Romo's current injury. Romo is not mentally prepared because of his physical injury.

The timing thing I agree,I agree with alot of your points however you refuse to acknowledge the mental side of this. People don't believe Romo is nor was ever ready mentally to go out there like this. That is why people are saying soft? Whether he is physically challenged is 1 point and aspect to this. Whether he is willing mentally to foregoe his physicall challenges and attempt to play is another. He sounded earlier like he would pay it out, now he is telling everyone he will not. 2 different contrasts and it isnot as crazy to have people question what he built up. Forget about me, that was just an example of mentality and I was fortunate to have positive results. I continually tell you how I hope he sits and actually don't want to hear from him or about him for 3 weeks especially if he's not on the sidelines pumping his teammates up. But nonetheless he is going to get the soft label. You guys are makingit seem like he is prevy to this perception but the whole league believes this perception. Like seriously guys, check out Tampa's forum, the Rams forum. Any media sites. Heck even the dallas area news. Everyone thinks he's soft. But forsome reason a fan comes here and you guys are just astonished and call the person stupid or dumb. Enough, I have nomore to say on these points, I continually acknowledge yours, you don't seem to mine. Maybe everyone should just put sugar coated homer threads and opinions up.

Alexander

Reaction score
Rampage;2367617 said:

:laugh2:

I cannot believe you people are seriously trying to relate your common everyday lives to football. It is beyond comical. It is completely pathetic actually.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
AKATheRake;2367494 said:
I don't want him to play either, for injury reasons and mental reasons. But you don't lose him for the year if he injures it further, he gets surgery to put pins in it. The surgery to heal takes 4 weeks. But yes, he can get the Roy Williams scenario just as easily, just on another part of the finger. Once that small amount of metal and pins is in that part is not possible to break.

I did not realize you are a member of the Cowboy's medical staff. Please enlighten us to what great institution you received your medical degree from.

Harvard? Yale? Princeton?

I am sure the board is dying to know.:D

dozin_theknick

Reaction score
AKATheRake;2367546 said:
First point:

Ok here we go. Suddenly he can't take a snap from center because he says so but Jerry and Romo both said as well he was taking snaps from center. So when is this hear say worth whatever you want it to be.

2nd Point:

Romo told Saragusa and was on inside the huddle last night saying that if this was a playoff game he would play.

3rd Point:

I'm a unionized marble setter. I broke, that's right broke, the outside part of my right hand under the pinkies knuckle. Had my other 4 fingers also wrapped in this plastic cast the doctor had custom made for me. I was working the following Monday laying 32" x 32" x 1 1/2" thick marble on floors and walls. Not just had to hold it but place it without more than a 1mm joint andmake sure it was leveled. I'm not trying to sound like a tough guy but heck I'm unionized, still worked for my $35.50/hr after my package and you want to tell me about taking a snap from center? This guy makes countless times what I make.

I suppose you're going to say "well that was your decision" and yes it was. I could have collected work comp and relaxed but I just wuldn't be were I liked to be. This is Romo's decision, I respect it both ways whether he plays ornot but he and you homers have to understand that in this sport you nare going to get some grief for not playing with a bad pinkie whether it's legit or not. My plastic cast was half the plastic Romo's is and a 6 week healing process came out to 4. Give me crap for questioning, don't call me stupid because you lack vocabulary and tact.

First, no one said he took snaps. That is BS. On the contrary, they said the oposite.

Second, no one cares about your union job. It has nothing to do with playing NFL football.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Beast_from_East;2367623 said:
I did not realize you are a member of the Cowboy's medical staff. Please enlighten us to what great institution you received your medical degree from.

Harvard? Yale? Princeton?

I am sure the board is dying to know.:D

He slept at a Holiday Inn!

:rolleyes:

Audiman

Reaction score
5Stars;2367620 said:
Whoo-hoo! Wiring a house! Ouch! :rolleyes:

I'm retired from the Department of Defense and a Vietnam vet. I had it easy!

dude, wiring a house is MUCH harder than going to war... [/sarcasm]

*thank you for your service. I have a good friend leaving for his 4th tour in Iraq this weekend.

Alexander

Reaction score
AKATheRake;2367621 said:
I was mentally able to do my job and physically compensating. My injury was actually physically worse than Romo's current injury. Romo is not mentally prepared because of his physical injury.

The timing thing I agree,I agree with alot of your points however you refuse to acknowledge the mental side of this. People don't believe Romo is nor was ever ready mentally to go out there like this. That is why people are saying soft? Whether he is physically challenged is 1 point and aspect to this. Whether he is willing mentally to foregoe his physicall challenges and attempt to play is another. He sounded earlier like he would pay it out, now he is telling everyone he will not. 2 different contrasts and it isnot as crazy to have people question what he built up. Forget about me, that was just an example of mentality and I was fortunate to have positive results. I continually tell you how I hope he sits and actually don't want to hear from him or about him for 3 weeks especially if he's not on the sidelines pumping his teammates up. But nonetheless he is going to get the soft label. You guys are makingit seem like he is prevy to this perception but the whole league believes this perception. Like seriously guys, check out Tampa's forum, the Rams forum. Any media sites. Heck even the dallas area news. Everyone thinks he's soft. But forsome reason a fan comes here and you guys are just astonished and call the person stupid or dumb. Enough, I have nomore to say on these points, I continually acknowledge yours, you don't seem to mine. Maybe everyone should just put sugar coated homer threads and opinions up.

This thread is just full of Izzy Mandelbaums.

You think Romo's tough? I am better than he is. Let's break our fingers and compare. It's go time.