I think the Cowboys will go 11-5

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
Our offense will be the doom factor come the rest of the season......Tough defenses coming up and defense won't be able to carry the day.

W Jets 4-2
L Eagles 4-3
W Giants 5-3
L Vikings 5-4
L Lions 5-5
L Patriots 5-6
L Bills 5-7= Garrett fired!
L Rams 5-8
L Bears 5-9
L Eagles 5-9
W Skins 6-10
Well at least you have Garrett fired on Thanksgiving. LOL I can see the Cowboys steeling a couple wins and ending up 8-8.

MikeB80

Reaction score
We could go 2-14 also.

But more like 7-9 to 9-7.
Both good enough for Garrett to keep his job in the eyes of Jerry.

Jerry is old and is not going to start over with another coach. That is a good part of the reason he has not changed garrett out but has stripped him of his gameday duties, it's like changing out the coach without changing out the coach. Firing Scott Linehan was a big indictment on Garrett.

I can't see Garrett getting fired unless the wheels come off like 2015 again. I also think if he is fired he will probably be high in the mix for the job in Atlanta and maybe even the jets or the bengals if they make quick changes there.

Since we don't have a general manager where they would typically have long careers and a lot of interaction with other coaching staffs I am scared to think who they would even hire. All of Jerry's close buddies are out of the league. Mike Shanahan, Mike Holmgren etc. He really doesn't have any connection to any coach or any coaching tree that exists anymore. Again, since we don't have a general manager there is no one with those types of relationships you usually have.

Will McClay's whole career has been in Dallas with the arena team or in Dallas scouting department sans a few minutes with the jaguars essentially.

I Personally would hire Ron Rivera the second he his fired in Carolina if that happens this year, then let him find his own coaches. The man can coach defense and that has been the achilles heel here for years and years. Also, Lovie Smith could always be an option and since Marinelli always speaks highly of the Jones Family that could be a real candidate, you can keep the same defense and go from there.

none of this is going to happen though because Garrett is going nowhere. Marinelli is probably going to retire anyway so that will be the offseason selling point.

MikeB80

Reaction score
We could go 2-14 also.

But more like 7-9 to 9-7.
Both good enough for Garrett to keep his job in the eyes of Jerry.

Jerry is old and is not going to start over with another coach. That is a good part of the reason he has not changed garrett out but has stripped him of his gameday duties, it's like changing out the coach without changing out the coach. Firing Scott Linehan was a big indictment on Garrett.

I can't see Garrett getting fired unless the wheels come off like 2015 again. I also think if he is fired he will probably be high in the mix for the job in Atlanta and maybe even the jets or the bengals if they make quick changes there.

Since we don't have a general manager where they would typically have long careers and a lot of interaction with other coaching staffs I am scared to think who they would even hire. All of Jerry's close buddies are out of the league. Mike Shanahan, Mike Holmgren etc. He really doesn't have any connection to any coach or any coaching tree that exists anymore. Again, since we don't have a general manager there is no one with those types of relationships you usually have.

Will McClay's whole career has been in Dallas with the arena team or in Dallas scouting department sans a few minutes with the jaguars essentially.

I Personally would hire Ron Rivera the second he his fired in Carolina if that happens this year, then let him find his own coaches. The man can coach defense and that has been the achilles heel here for years and years. Also, Lovie Smith could always be an option and since Marinelli always speaks highly of the Jones Family that could be a real candidate, you can keep the same defense and go from there.

none of this is going to happen though because Garrett is going nowhere. Marinelli is probably going to retire anyway so that will be the offseason selling point.

pitt33

Reaction score
Our offense will be the doom factor come the rest of the season......Tough defenses coming up and OUR defense won't be able to save the day.

W Jets 4-2
L Eagles 4-3
W Giants 5-3
L Vikings 5-4
L Lions 5-5
L Patriots 5-6
L Bills 5-7= Garrett fired!
L Rams 5-8
L Bears 5-9
L Eagles 5-9
W Skins 6-10
I agree here. 6-10...

I think the wheels come off this team.

I really do.

I’d never thought I would say that going into this season.

Romo_To_Dez

Reaction score
I'm waiting to see what this team does in the next 2 weeks before I predict records. This season could get very ugly if this team doesn't win the next 2 games.

mldardy

Reaction score
Not with this run defense..no way
Yeah I'm sure you said this last year about the offense when were 3-5 too. Everyone acts like the season ended yesterday. Everyone just calm down there is still plenty of football to play and the division is still very much for the taking. That's all you can ask for at this point.

817Gill

Reaction score
Schedule nowhere near as brutal last year and we already caught 2 breaks (No Brees, No Adams) and didnt take advantage.
Every year people complain about a hard schedule but it’s literally the same level of difficulty every year.

The Vikings-Rams 7 game stretch this year is comparable to the Titans-Colts run last season. Same level of difficulty and we went 5-2. This team is better than last years they can most def go 5-2.

The Pats are the only juggernaut we play anyways. Everyone else is beatable NO and GB are going to be our 2nd&3rd hardest games all season

Whyjerry

Reaction score
Every year people complain about a hard schedule but it’s literally the same level of difficulty every year.

The Vikings-Rams 7 game stretch this year is comparable to the Titans-Colts run last season. Same level of difficulty and we went 5-2. This team is better than last years they can most def go 5-2.

The Pats are the only juggernaut we play anyways. Everyone else is beatable NO and GB are going to be our 2nd&3rd hardest games all season

You do understand what you just wrote is impossible. Literally the same level of difficulty is impossible absolutely impossible. Even if football was entirely random which it is not the amount of variables that make up the difficulty level
of a football schedule are too high to calculate. Hence 100% impossible for the schedules to yield the same level of difficulty.

alicetooljam

Reaction score

I disagree, but I hope youre right. :thumbup: At first glance of this schedule I thought we'd have a better team this year, but their record may not reflect it. We havent looked like a better team against the good ones (missing key cogs) yet. This is not a schedule to go putting your backs against the wall too soon and why does it seem like this team has to be there to display some urgency? Those last 2 games played will haunt us if we get to the playoffs in regard to home field advantage, 1st round bye at the least.

Vegas_Cowboy

Reaction score
Puff-puff give. Puff-puff give. You're messing up the rotation.

SmallImportantBluetickcoonhound-max-1mb.gif

Turkish-Cowboy

Reaction score
We could go 11-5, I doubt it though. The only team who should scare us is the Patriots. Everyone else is very beatable if we get our crap together.

The Pats played only the Bills as an oppenent we can put at the "tough" level and they struggled in that game. They have a really good defense but I am still waiting for them to play against a good team to get to a conclusion. I don't know, maybe it's just me but I have a feeling that they will fail big time this season.

Turkish-Cowboy

Reaction score

I agree. Last season they went through a tough stretch and they were able to turn things around. I want to believe that the loss against the Packers will lead to some adjustments. All the teams on the schedule are beatable if the coaches decide to play the team according to the potential.

catiii

Reaction score
:facepalm:
Best case scenario at 11-5 is one and done in the first round and the clapper keeps his job again because of the awesome moral victory - for which there are no participation trophies.
This organization does not have the leadership or the culture to win against the big boys when it counts but I suppose after all these years it's always fun to believe it does and then get sucker punched by reality (see the last two games.)

Last edited:

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
We're currently 3-2. So, 2-14 is impossible.
We play the Jets next, so 3-13 is unlikely, but possible... lol

Thanks.
I was going opposite of the person that said we could go 14-2. Did not think we had 3 wins. Trying to be funny. It didn't work.
Well, that is my story and I am sticking to it. :muttley: