I think you almost have to sign Dak at this point

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Dak has earned some of that hate by continuing to play awful when it matters most in the playoffs. He has tuned out the hate for years and I think highest paid + no accountability trumps the fanbase any day of the week. This dude would not survive in NY
Unless Aaron Rodgers can stay healthy and return to form, Dak would be the best QB the Jets have had since Joe Namath. The Jets are another example of how difficult it is to find a franchise QB. They’ve thrown away two top five picks on QBs since 2018. They would be a lot more appreciative of Dak than Cowboys fans. The fans here need to put most of that hate they have for Dak on the defense that consistently embarrasses us in the playoffs.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
So what...ulitmately...do we get out of it?

Dak has a track record of decent regular seasons and playoff chokes.

A recipe for sit n spin.

60e5a31b-393d-4441-a990-921349e07c1e.3911c32f75c917b2c28254fc312c42bb.jpeg

If we choke miserably for a season or two...maybe our drafts improve? I dunno. But 2023 playoff Green bay....miserable. Rather have a team with some fight in them in our place there.
The lack of football knowledge here never ceases to amaze me. Imagine someone putting all the playoff failures on 1 person. I mean someone should do their Masters thesis on this place.

SuspectCorner

Still waiting...
Reaction score
Resist any impulse to extend Prescott during the 2024-25 season. If Dak earns a huge contract with his play INTO THE PLAYOFFS- so be it. He will have earned it. But make him MAKE US believers FIRST.

SuspectCorner

Still waiting...
Reaction score
It doesn’t come close to guaranteeing it. I’m not so sure Dak wants to re-sign with the Cowboys. Offers have been made, but he’s not accepting. Stephen said a few weeks ago it’s going to be up to Dak. He may want a fresh start somewhere else and could be looking forward to free agency. He’s got a ton of leverage. He could make a lot more money in free agency than what the Cowboys could pay him.
Far as I’m concerned, Dak should dodge the door on his way out. He stat-pads the cream puffs, freezes against the stiff competition, and ultimately leaves you feeling like the team overspent at QB. JMO

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The lack of football knowledge here never ceases to amaze me. Imagine someone putting all the playoff failures on 1 person. I mean someone should do their Masters thesis on this place.
When we win you credit Dak.

When we lose you blame everyone BUT dak.

My comment was intended to stay on topic to the thread title like the rules say. I am not surprised you dont; give a ship about rules.

If you want to talk about the failures of other parts of the team...MAKE A THREAD!

I will comment there about my thoughts on other parts of the team. Since you can't seem to pay attention to what I have ALREADY said about them.

Just another excuse to attack good fans. But hey...if they let you do it...why wouldn't you?

clff15701

Reaction score
Did we not just watch Trey Lance melt down against future Home Depot employees? You have to resign your ALL pro qb or we are screwed with Jerry. If you owned a team that went up a few billion each year you would resign Dak and not think twice.

Last edited:

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Welcome to the world of every QB in the NFL except for a couple.

And you're underestimating "minor"

There are still QBs asked to carry the team and QBs who have the team carry them.

Guess which category Dak belongs to?

He’s closer to the Goff/Cousins group and he’s also not a big game player.

So paying him is just absolutely moronic if you want to win a title.

If you want to be average or above and do nothing in the post season then Dak’s a great option but I promise we don’t need to spend 65 mill a year to do that.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Did we not just watch Trey Lance melt down against future Home Depot employees? You have to resign your ALL pro qb or we are screwed with Jerry. If you owned a team that went up a few billion each year you would resign Dak and not think twice.
You mean we would be bad and get high draft picks? Sign me up.

Bring in the middle is awful.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
The Cowboys have said, always, they plan on getting aa deal with Dak. Lamb was clearly the priority.... so this is simply the way they planned on doing things. My guess is they would like to hammer a deal out with Dak soon... BUT, Id have no problem going this season and seeing how it plays out.

clff15701

Reaction score
People forget how bad it was between Troy and Romo. Not signing up to watch that again. To get a top qb we would have to be one of the two worst teams in the league. The cowboys have too much talent for that to happen so we would be stuck in the middle range with no qb.