RoboQB

Reaction score
Someone hand her a butter knife.
It will distract her. Instincts will kick in and she'll make
you a 'sammich...lol

"Let's go Scowboys!"

Kingofholland

Reaction score
Reason 1: This current crop of QBs is middling at best. Been a long time since there has been a college QB at the level of Manning. Manning was probably the last proven college QB that ended up being as good as predicted. It's just not the 70s-90s anymore where you had can't miss prospects like Elway, Aikman, Bradshaw, and Manning.

I rather have Dak over Shedur Sanders, Quinn Evers, and that boneless new Manning boy. It's a joke to think that those guys would be a significant improvement over Dak.

Also, I don't McCarthy is told to tank because that would mean his job. He's gonna do his usual and try to win as many regular season games as he can so our dream of getting the #1 pick seems unlikely.

Reason 2: The signing of CD has invigorated me. I want more of the Sheriff Dak to CD express. It means our core is in place, and the last remaining thing to do is to build the pieces around our core 3 who looks to be here for a long long time.

So yup, get Dak resigned.
The draft offers no guarantees, but I do think top QBs come in the league more prepared to start than years ago with all the additional film and analytics available to teams. Though the Cowboys seem to questionably scout QBs knowing Jones thought Paxton Lynch and Johnny Manziel would be good picks. That could be the future without Dak, so I get the viewpoint Dak is safer because we know what he brings.

A new QB would be interesting though and perhaps ignites a new spark. Sanders would certainly sell a lot of jerseys, but would wonder if the fame and father's shadow would be too big for him?

At this point my opinion on the whole Dak situation is lets see how the season plays out. If he can't get it done you have an out, if he does you break the bank to keep him.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
and going 4-13 is miserable with no guarantee you will get a great qb to turn those crappy seasons around. No thanks
I guess there is just a disagreement then.

Permanent mediocrity or hope. I choose hope.

Good regular seasons and getting knocked out of the playoffs early is more miserable to me than being bad.

Staubacher

Reaction score
Unless Aaron Rodgers can stay healthy and return to form, Dak would be the best QB the Jets have had since Joe Namath. The Jets are another example of how difficult it is to find a franchise QB. They’ve thrown away two top five picks on QBs since 2018. They would be a lot more appreciative of Dak than Cowboys fans. The fans here need to put most of that hate they have for Dak on the defense that consistently embarrasses us in the playoffs.
Mark Sanchez took the Jets twice further than Dak has ever sniffed.

And lol if you think New York would be kind to a playoff choker

ChronicCowboy

Reaction score
I think Jerry has offered 53.5 per and Dak wants 55+. Considering Lamb held out of camp for an extra 1 or 2 million per shows how fickle it all is. Dak probably signs for 54 per.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
I guess there is just a disagreement then.

Permanent mediocrity or hope. I choose hope.

Good regular seasons and getting knocked out of the playoffs early is more miserable to me than being bad.
winning 12 games, 3 seasons in a row is not mediocre.

Pipelayer72

Reaction score
winning 12 games, 3 seasons in a row is not mediocre.
I think the concern recently isn't the number of wins it's not beating the good teams consistently. The Cowboys record is misleading as a result. If they're 10-7 or 9-8 but able to get to an NFC championship the fan base would be much less sour.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Mark Sanchez took the Jets twice further than Dak has ever sniffed.

And lol if you think New York would be kind to a playoff choker
Mark Sanchez was carried by a great defense. You know as well as I do, he wasn’t half the QB Dak is. Sanchez is best remembered for a butt fumble. Lol The Jets would be thankful just to get to the playoffs. They haven’t made the playoffs since 2010.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Reason 1: This current crop of QBs is middling at best. Been a long time since there has been a college QB at the level of Manning. Manning was probably the last proven college QB that ended up being as good as predicted. It's just not the 70s-90s anymore where you had can't miss prospects like Elway, Aikman, Bradshaw, and Manning.

I rather have Dak over Shedur Sanders, Quinn Evers, and that boneless new Manning boy. It's a joke to think that those guys would be a significant improvement over Dak.

Also, I don't McCarthy is told to tank because that would mean his job. He's gonna do his usual and try to win as many regular season games as he can so our dream of getting the #1 pick seems unlikely.

Reason 2: The signing of CD has invigorated me. I want more of the Sheriff Dak to CD express. It means our core is in place, and the last remaining thing to do is to build the pieces around our core 3 who looks to be here for a long long time.

The CORE............say what????LOL
So you want more playoff embarrassments and folding like cheap tent vs playoff caliber teams.
Hmmmmm it doesn't take much to make you happy........
Have you ever considered the Core is rotten and needs to be thrown in the Garbage?
Think about it..............

Last edited:

khiladi

Reaction score

This man just ignore Stroud and Mahomes.. also Justin Herbert and Josh Allen, among others who still haven’t gotten 9 years to play against the absolute worst division in the league and multiple all pros throughout his career on the OL..