I think you put the $40 million man back in the lineup next week for that big NFC East showdown

CWR

Reaction score
Dak fan here, and heck no to playing him next week. Even if he's medically cleared he needs time to knock off the rust. With a game this big the Cowboys need to continue to ride this current wave with Cooper Rush.

I honestly think Jerry will work to protect him. Philly is going to be a tough out, and this FO won't want to bring the 40 million dollar man back to a hornets nest. The optics of bringing him in against Detroit, after a Rush loss are much cleaner.

Even if Rush wins Dak can come back to a cozy little match up against the Lions. The investment needs to look untarnished.

Keep in mind, this isn't necessarily my point of view, but it's how I imagine Jerry looks at it.

Aftershock

Reaction score
These threads are so dumb

is Dak healthy? Yes? He plays? No? He doesn’t.

There is literally NOTHING else involved in the equation
No it's not that simple
Define 'healthy' in this case.
This is not a knee injury or shoulder injury where it is objective to deem something healthy or not with objectivity.
Measuring one's grip strength and comfort level is very subjective and only up to Dak to determine.
Dak has been able to grip a football perfectly the past week or so
Does that mean he's ready? Why didn't he start today then?

Silly

Reaction score
Rush would of had a better game had the offense played better. I think it was after the block when the team had great field postion. Zeke hits it for 5 and then on 2 & 3rd Moore went empty backfield and Dallas got stuffed. No more rushing or play action pass. That was bad play calling.

Then you had that missed pass protection by Pollard, The big holding call by Buckshot, and the dropped passes. Rush would of had a better day had any of these plays been made.

Streifenkarl

Reaction score
Cooper rush played his part and didnt mess up and helped the team go 4-1. Now this is a road game at the Linc and we need the Dak to show he is Big time and help us get this win next sunday. I think this game is too big for Rush and we need to do everything we can to get Dak ready. The offense needs to score to win next week and can't keep depending on the defense. And Cooper is limited since he is not a play maker or can't run.
Sorry but no. Cooper has to play until the bye week and you go from there.

Now the Rams don't seem to be that team from the last seasons but you gotta beat them first. And even though once again the defense made it easy for Cooper, he delivered.

I really can't see a reason to play Dak next week even if he's the better QB when healthy.

Cowboys5217

Reaction score
I think you stay with the hot hand right now. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Jfconrow

Reaction score
I don’t even understand what the question is Dallas is winning with Rush so stick w Rush. I like Dak and all but no one needs him to hurry back other than himself. Even if he gets back on the field this year that’s it zeke and him are gone.

nobody

Reaction score
The Cowboys play the Eagles next Sunday. Followed by the Lions and the Bears before the bye week. If Dak is fully healed during the Lions or Bears week, you don't want him to play? Why not if he's fully healed by then?

If he's fully healed, I want him to have a couple of weeks of practice in before they put him in. It's that simple. He showed me game one that whatever was mentally wrong with him from last year is still there. He can overcome that sure, but not if he's not 1) 100% and 2) knocks off some of that rust with practice. He's a better QB than Rush. That's obvious. But Rush isn't losing.

You can say he was rusty and the entire offense was too, but I point to game one of last year where he dropped jaws with just how good he could play after recovering from the broken foot and not playing for so long.
This was a normal off-season and he looked lost. So the mental issue is still there. If he comes back fully healthy but not with enough practice I don't see him playing different. If he has that practice it might restore his confidence or whatever wrong which is better for the team's long-term success.

Again, if Rush loses badly and Dak is 100%, then they pretty much have to put Dak in even with less practice. It's about the team, not the QB. Some people get so offended that others put the team ahead of Dak. It's the Dallas Cowboys and not the Dallas Daks. I firmly believe it's best for the team and Dak to get him to 100% percent and get him two weeks of prep at 100% before throwing him to the wolves because I also don't think Moore has learned his lesson and he will screw Dak.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
If he's fully healed, I want him to have a couple of weeks of practice in before they put him in. It's that simple. He showed me game one that whatever was mentally wrong with him from last year is still there. He can overcome that sure, but not if he's not 1) 100% and 2) knocks off some of that rust with practice. He's a better QB than Rush. That's obvious. But Rush isn't losing.

You can say he was rusty and the entire offense was too, but I point to game one of last year where he dropped jaws with just how good he could play after recovering from the broken foot and not playing for so long.
This was a normal off-season and he looked lost. So the mental issue is still there. If he comes back fully healthy but not with enough practice I don't see him playing different. If he has that practice it might restore his confidence or whatever wrong which is better for the team's long-term success.

Again, if Rush loses badly and Dak is 100%, then they pretty much have to put Dak in even with less practice. It's about the team, not the QB. Some people get so offended that others put the team ahead of Dak. It's the Dallas Cowboys and not the Dallas Daks. I firmly believe it's best for the team and Dak to get him to 100% percent and get him two weeks of prep at 100% before throwing him to the wolves because I also don't think Moore has learned his lesson and he will screw Dak.
You were doing fine until you said the Dallas Daks. No one puts Dak over the team. He is clearly the better choice to start, especially since he has proven it year after year how he can be a top 5 QB when fully healthy, including mentally. I agree it is more mental than physical, and I agree it is his and the team's best interest for Dak to be fully healed at both. Time will tell, but let's stop with the Dallas Daks baloney bro. That's when you lose all credibility by sounding just like the haters. You're better than that.

Dre11

Reaction score
People keep saying it isn't a must win. Yes it is. It's a Divisional game. You don't want to go down 2 games and them having a win over you.

nobody

Reaction score
You were doing fine until you said the Dallas Daks. No one puts Dak over the team. He is clearly the better choice to start, especially since he has proven it year after year how he can be a top 5 QB when fully healthy, including mentally. I agree it is more mental than physical, and I agree it is his and the team's best interest for Dak to be fully healed at both. Time will tell, but let's stop with the Dallas Daks baloney bro. That's when you lose all credibility by sounding just like the haters. You're better than that.

Fair enough, but the attacks when Dak is offered fair criticism gets old. I'm not saying you do it to me, but it gets infuriating being called a Dak hater when I've supported him since day one and just criticize him when I feel he deserves it.

If Dak doesn't fix that mental game problem he has, he's a long-term liability. If he fixes it he's fantastic when healthy. I think he was rushed back after last-year's injury and it made him play scared. My stance is because I don't want that to be repeated this year. So no, as it stands today he's not the better choice to start. When he's 100% and had a couple of weeks of practice? He's definitely the better choice to start and it's not even close....assuming Moore's learned his lessons too.

All that goes in the trash though if Rush starts choking.

Streifenkarl

Reaction score

But when has he proven this the last time? It's an honest non hating question. When has Dak won that shoot out you guys are talking about the last time? He lost one against Tampa last year. And the next against the Raiders too. And all games against contenders had us at the losing side in the end. Maybe this Dak you're talking about is gone?

I mean I'd love to have that 2016 Dak back, believe me. Think about it. The defense seems to have championship caliber for the first time in ages. Our O line also seems to get the hang of it. Now imagine a true top 5 (heck even top 10) QB at the helm. We'd be unbeatable.

Now I'm all for getting Dak back in when he's truly healthy again and has those mental blockades sorted out. As I have written many times now, I do think he has the better skillset compared to Rush. But when he's back, it comes down to three scenarios (if everyone else stays at top level)

1: Top of the line QB: He plays lights out, wins against GB and the likes, no discussion here.

2: Bus driver: He also just manages 20 or so points per game and we keep winning. But then why would you need a QB that expensive?

3: He sucks and loses the important games: see point two.

So the tricky thing is here, he has more to prove than Rush. Fans expect more from him and rightly so. And it's up to him to prove it, not for us to still have that trust right now. Because lately he hasn't done anything to earn it.

Hopefully he can get it back. Maybe it's the other way round. Not the captain takes his team to another level, but the team gets his captain back on top. And then both just win the SB. :cool:

Last edited:

b0xZZ

Reaction score
Dak is regressing hard dating back to last season. The game plan for Dak is entirely different and would change this wining dynamic we have going.

I don’t care what his salary is, if Rush keeps winning Dak can keep cheering from the sideline. If Cooper is 5-0 and you start Dak “just because” then it’s just a continuance of the 25 years of futility we’ve seen in this franchise.

zeke21

Reaction score
Dak got his job over a fully primed Romo because we stayed with the 'hot hand' and now we are told we should rush Dak back?? Ummm no.

Don't mess with the game plan. I LOVE that Rush had a 'bad' day.. he doesn't mind one bit what his stats are - just that we are getting the job done. It has been GREAT to see us audible INTO run plays.. stick with the ground game. Stay calm and measured. Rush is driving the bus.. and it is no surprise that we are on a win streak.. just like when Dak drove the bus in his rookie season. Things got off track when we tried to turn Dak into an elite QB.. which he will never be.

Next week is super important.. early in the season but a win next week and we are in pole position for the season.. a loss and it gets tougher. I think you stick with Rush.. the team trusts him and it is working right now. What happens if you put Dak in and he bombs like he has the last 8 times he has played?? It would be a disaster. Let Dak actually prove himself in practise and possibly give him some series in the 2nd half of the Lions game when we are in front by plenty.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Measuring one's grip strength and comfort level is very subjective and only up to Dak to determine.
Measuring grip strength is completely objective from a medical and physical therapy standpoint. A dynamometer can be used to calculate the strength of a patient's grip. Bone density tests can determine the remineralization of fractured bones, which is an indicator of the degree of recovery.

A patient knows how strongly they can apply their grip. However, quality health professionals can easily diagnose the same.

Aftershock

Reaction score
Measuring grip strength is completely objective from a medical and physical therapy standpoint. A dynamometer can be used to calculate the strength of a patient's grip. Bone density tests can determine the remineralization of fractured bones, which is an indicator of the degree of recovery.

A patient knows how strongly they can apply their grip. However, quality health professionals can easily diagnose the same.

Dak SAYS he can grip the ball just fine
He was handshaking people with the injured hand in pre game warmups and people were commenting how good his grip strength was.
Why didn’t he start?

my point is there are other factors in play (back to the post I was quoting , that says put dak in if he’s healthy)

keep starting Rush if the team keeps winning

GMO415

Reaction score
Dak plays when he's ready. If Philly beats us then so be it. They won't sweep us when it's all said and done.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Dak SAYS he can grip the ball just fine
He was handshaking people with the injured hand in pre game warmups and people were commenting how good his grip strength was.
Why didn’t he start?

my point is there are other factors in play (back to the post I was quoting , that says put dak in if he’s healthy)

keep starting Rush if the team keeps winning
He has not likely started because he has not been medically cleared. Dr. Jerry Jones, media and some fans are forever guessing when athletes will return from injury but Dak Prescott's return timeline was already established when he had surgery on September 12. His approximate recovery was six-to-eight weeks, which made Bears week his earliest conventional target game.

Prescott can say or do whatever he wants. If he, Jones or anyone else have any commonsense, they should abide by the medical recommendations provided by Prescott's doctors. Prescott will be optimally healthy when they say so if they are attempting to do what is best for both their patient and the team.

My earlier comment emphasized the entire medical evaluation process is not subjective. An example of subjective is Prescott or other observers saying he is healthy, before he has been medically cleared by those who know better, because medical professionals can objectively determine the right time for him to be eligible to start.